This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make Beef and Noodles Recipe for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner. Tender beef with the best flavor make an incredible dish to serve over pasta.
Beef and Noodles Recipe:
Our schedule is super busy so easy dinner ideas like this beef and noodles recipe help us so much. It is perfect for those busy weeknight meals, because it only takes 20 minutes to make.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can make this either in your slow cooker, instant pot or on your stove. It is easy to make with easy ingredients.
This dinner idea can be make with beef tips or stew meat served with a creamy gravy on top of egg noodles. It is the best comfort food served on a busy weeknight and is a crowd pleaser.
Easy Skillet Beef and Noodle Recipe:
We love how easy this recipe is. The ingredient list might seem long, but trust me you probably have the majority of the ingredients in your pantry.
My family loves a good meal that is warm and comforting after a long day. This recipe is delicious and just warms your soul. It reminds of my grandma’s beef and noodle recipe.
The best part is that I can make it in the iron skillet on a busy weeknight or put in the crock pot for a perfect Sunday Night meal.
Ingredients for Easy Beef Tips and Noodles Recipe:
- Beef Roast – If using a roast cut into small bite or buy beef stew meat.
- Onion – Diced in small pieces
- Beef broth
- Bay Leaves
- Dried Thyme Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Cold Water
- Extra Wide Egg Noodles
How to Make Beef and Noodles:
- Step 1 – Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Step 2 – Add in the butter and onion and sauté until the onion is translucent. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Step 3 – Next, add in the beef and brown the beef in the skillet with the onions for about 8-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Step 4 – Then pour 2 cups of the beef broth into the skillet and add in the seasoning.
- Step 5 – Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Step 6 – Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the beef is tender.
- Step 7 – Watch closely and slowly add in the last cup of the beef broth as the broth starts to cook off.
- Step 8 – Mix the cornstarch into the ¼ cup cold water in a separate bowl.
- Step 9 – Stir this mixture into the skillet mixture and allow this to cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Step 10 – While the sauce is thickening, cook the egg noodles in a separate pot based on the package instructions.
- Step 11 – Serve the beef mixture over the egg noodles and enjoy.
Make sure you have a good skillet to make this delicious recipe:
We use a cast iron skillet and it’s perfect for this recipe. Cooking with a cast iron is amazing. You can make so many different recipes and they are great for skillet recipes.
If you are not already cooking with one, you should. They are amazing and the food cooks so evenly. Don’t be hesitant to use cast iron because it really is simple to use and maintain. It cooks the food so evenly and recipes turn out great.
How to Cook Instant Pot Beef and Noodles:
You can easily cook this meal in your instant pot. Just like in your skillet, you can sear your meat in the instant pot. Here are some easy steps:
- Heat olive oil in the instant pot, then add in meat and sear.
- Then you would add in the other ingredients except for the noodles. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- While you beef and gravy are cooking, boil your egg noodles. Once done boil, then drain and set aside.
- Serve and enjoy
How to Make Crock Pot Beef and Noodles:
This meal is great cooked in the crock pot. I put the cut up roast and all the ingredients except for the noodles in the crock pot and cook. We cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
I still cook my noodles separately and top with the beef and gravy. Perfect meal to come home to. Your house will smell amazing.
Tips for Easy Beef Tips and Noodles:
- To save time, we also like to keep diced onion and bell pepper in the freezer so it is easy to add to any recipe we like.
- Another time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop the onions.
- You can also use ground beef instead of roast for the meat.
- Worcestershire Sauce can be added in. It is great combined with the other ingredients.
Can I Freeze Beef and Noodles?
This is the perfect recipe to freeze. We like doubling the recipe so that I can have it for an easy meal. You will only want to freeze the beef and gravy mixture and not the noodles.
Put the beef and gravy in a freeze safe container. When you are ready to reheat, remove from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator. Reheat meal on the stovetop or microwave.
How to Thicken Beef and Noodles:
If you need to thicken the sauce for the beef and noodles you can make a flour or cornstarch slurry. Mix one tablespoon of flour or cornstarch with one tablespoon of water.
Once the flour and water are combined, add into the beef and noodles mixture. Turn the heat on medium to high heat to thicken the sauce.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Meat – We used Beef Chuck Roast but you can also use beef stew meat. It is already cut into bite size piece. This stew meat can easily be purchased at the grocery store.
- Cream Soup – To make the sauce creamier, add in a can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Noodles – We used egg noodles, but you can use other types of noodles.
- Vegetables – Add in vegetables such as broccoli or carrots to make it a complete meal.
How to store:
We love having leftovers for this meal. It is perfect to put in individual containers for a lunch for my husband and I. This is probably one of my husbands favorite meal to have leftovers.
Just reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute increments, stirring after each minute.
What to serve with beef and noodles recipe:
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus
- Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes with Red Wine Vinegar
- A 10 Minute Side Dish – Pan Fried Zucchini Slices
- Easy Roasted Zucchini and Squash
Print this recipe for beef and noodles below:
Beef and Noodles
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the butter and onion and sauté until the onion is translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add in the beef and brown the beef in the skillet with the onions (8-10 minutes) over medium heat.
- Then pour 2 cups of the beef broth into the skillet and add in the seasoning. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the beef is tender. Watch closely and slowly add in the last cup of the beef broth as the broth starts to cook off.
- Mix the cornstarch into the ¼ cup cold water in a separate bowl. Stir this mixture into the skillet mixture and allow this to cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is thickening, cook the egg noodles in a separate pot based on the package instructions.
- Serve the beef mixture over the egg noodles and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy skillet recipes:
- Tex Mex Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Mongolian Beef and Noodles Recipe
- Easy Salsa Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Skillet Chicken and Rice Burritos
- Skillet Chicken Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe