Crock Pot Beef and Noodles Casserole is an easy one pot meal that your family will go crazy over. Each bite is packed with flavor and has everything you need for a really great dinner.
Crock Pot Beef Noodles Casserole Recipe:
There is just something so nice about coming home to dinner ready and waiting. This Crock Pot Beef Noodle Casserole is so easy to put together and a favorite around here.
I can toss this together in hardly no time at all. Mornings are pretty crazy around here but this is easy enough that I can throw it in the crock pot.
It really is that simple and we get to come to an amazing dinner to enjoy. The flavor is SO good!
This casserole has the perfect combination of ground beef, noodles, tomatoes and more for a savory casserole you will love. It is so delicious and the cheese just makes it even better.
Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles:
I love a recipe with egg noodles and ground beef. This recipe does not disappoint. The combination of the noodles, beef, and the tomatoes makes this the ultimate comfort food.
This meal is perfect for during the week or a weekend meal. My favorite time to serve it is on Sundays. There is just something about serving a good meal to start our week off.
A good crock pot is a must!
Have you been searching for a good crock pot? We love using this Instant Pot Aura Crock Pot because it has multiple uses.
So if you have been in the market to update some of your appliances this is the one I would recommend.
Can you put uncooked meat in the crock pot?
If you have a crock pot that you can brown you meat first, then that is the way I would recommend it. But I try to always brown my meat before adding it to any recipes.
It really cuts down on the grease and the clumps that happens when you add un-cook meat to your crock pot.
To make this recipe even easier I will brown several pounds of meat at once. This is a time saver and saves me money by already have meat prepared. Then you can use this meat for tacos, burritos, or a soup recipe.
- Ground Beef
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomato Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Egg Noodles
- Beef Broth
- Shredded Cheese
How to make Crock Pot Beef and Noodles:
- Put the browned ground beef in the crock pot. You can also ground your beef in the crock pot if you the Instant Pot Aura Crock Pot.
- Add all of the seasonings.
- Layer with tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Then top with the beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or cook on high for 3-3.5 hours. Cooking time could vary based on your crock pot.
- Break the meat apart and add the noodles.
- Let the uncooked egg noodles cook for the last 30 minutes of the cook time if cooking on low or 15 to 20 minutes if cooking on high.
- Cook until tender.
- Once you are ready to eat, top the noodle mixture with cheddar cheese. Cover for a few minutes so the cheese gets nice and melted.
Can you put dry noodles in a crock pot?
Yes. You do not need to cook the noodles before putting them in the crock pot which is another reason this recipe is so quick and easy.
The broth in the recipe will help to cook the noodles. It is so easy and helps to reduce the amount of pans you need and a big time saver!
The best part is that you don’t have to cook the noodles before adding them to the beef mixture. We are all about keeping is simple and making life easier.
What to serve with Hamburger Noodle Casserole?
This Beef and Noodle Casserole is great by itself, but we do like to serve it with a vegetable to get in our daily greens. There are some of favorites:
- We love these easy Roasted Green Beans. They are so good to make and paired with this casserole make it a complete meal.
- You can also steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish. I love broccoli. It is my go-to vegetable as I know my whole family will eat a serving.
- A nice green salad would go perfectly with this meal.
We love recipes that you can change things up to use what you have on hand. Here are some of the ideas we have tried and have worked.
- Try other types of pasta- penne, elbow, bow tie or whatever you have in the pantry.
- Substitute shredded beef, stew meat or leftover chuck roast instead of the ground beef.
- Use frozen egg noodles to save even more time. Sometimes we boil too many and I freeze the leftovers to use in recipes.
- Add cream of mushroom soup for a creamier casserole.
- Omit the noodles and serve over mashed potatoes instead. Yum!
- If we have heavy cream, I will add it to the beef and noodles mixture to give it that extra creaminess.
- You can cook your noodles separately if you prefer. Then serve your beef mixture of the top to keep everything separate.
Tips for making beef and noodles easy:
- One of our favorite time saving tips is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop onions. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them.
- If you need to thicken the sauce, about 2 tablespoon of cornstarch to a little bit of cold water and mix together. Pour this mixture into the beef and noodle casserole and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- When cooking the beef mixture, I will add in onion soup mix if I have it. I love the additional flavor it gives.
How to store Beef and Noodle Casserole:
If you have leftover beef and noodle casserole, store in individual containers. I keep in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days.
This is the perfect lunch for my husband to grab as he heads out the door. I love that I can send him off to work and know that he is getting a great lunch without going through the drive-through.
The Best Comfort Meal:
This is the best comfort meal. Plus cooking in the crock pot provides your family a hearty, stick to your bones meal. They will love how filling it is and will come back for more.
Let us know if you give this beef and noodle casserole a try.
Print this crock pot beef noodle casserole recipe below:
Crock Pot Beef Noodle Casserole
- 1.5 pounds ground beef browned and drained
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 16 oz egg noodles uncooked
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the browned ground beef and onion in the crock pot.
- Season with minced garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Top with the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-3.5 hours.
- Stir in the uncooked egg noodles for the last 30 minutes of the cook time if cooking on low or 15 minutes if cooking on high.
- Then top with the shredded cheddar cheese, cover and cook for 5 minutes to melt the cheese and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
I am confused. The recipe ingredients lists 4 cups of beef broth, but the instructions don’t tell you when to add it? At the beginning? And the noodles are soft in 30 minutes? I would think they would need to be in the crock pot for at least 2 hours if they are uncooked when you add them.
This sounds delicious! Quick question: when does the broth go in? Right away with the beef? Thanks!
What would you recommend on cook time if meat is already cooked?
I would reduce the cook time by 1 hour if the meat is already cooked.
I updated the recipe. The beef broth goes in at the beginning.
Sorry about that. I updated the recipe. You add the beef broth at the beginning at the recipes.
How long to cook the uncooked egg noodles in the recipe?
“30 min before ready to serve stir n the egg noodles.” cooked or uncooked???
Noodles go in uncooked
Yes, that’s correct. I hope you enjoy it!
To answer the egg noodles questions yes they will cook in 30 mins. Those are the only noodles I use in my crockpot.
I added my noodles and cooked 30 min and noodles were.mush and.tasted uncooked
My FAVORITE recipe ever!!! This is even better the next day! I make this multiple times a month.
What are the instructions for using the instant pot?
For the instant pot, you can brown the ground beef in the instant pot. Drain off any excess grease. Then add in the seasoning, tomatoes (diced and sauce) and beef broth. Seal and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes with a quick release. Then stir in the egg noodles. I would make sure that the egg noodles are completely covered in the liquid (add more broth if needed). Seal and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes with a quick release. Stir and then top with the cheese. The heat from the meal should melt the cheese and then you’re ready to serve!
I hope you enjoy it!
We loved this recipe!
Delicious every time! ???
Thank you so much!
This recipe had a great taste/flavor with the beef broth and tomato sauce until the cheddar cheese added on top of it made it too cheesy tasting…took away the other flavors. Sprinkling some parmesan cheese on top of this dish, would have been just perfect. The cheddar cheese did not go well with this.