Adding Onion Soup Mix to your recipes just got easier with this Homemade Onion Soup Mix Recipe. Delicious and easy to make with simple ingredients.
Homemade Lipton Onion Soup Mix Recipe:
We love making homemade seasoning. It is really simple to do and we can control what ingredients go into the seasoning blend. This Homemade Lipton Onion Soup Mix is made with simple ingredients that can easily be found at the grocery store.
I love adding onion soup mix to my pot roast recipes and Catalina chicken recipe. It adds so much flavor that all I need is around a tablespoon when making these recipes. I have even added as a dry rub to my steak recipes and it was delicious.
Making homemade seasoning saves me time and saves money. All you need is a few pantry ingredients and a spice jar to store the seasoning to use many different ways.
What is Onion Soup Mix made of?
Buying Onion Soup Mix contains a lot of ingredients that we can’t even pronounce. That is why I love making my own seasoning. I started making my Homemade Taco Seasoning years ago and it taste so much better than buying the packet stuff.
This Onion Soup Mix is just as easy. The seasoning blend contains onion flakes, onion powder, parsley flakes, beef cubes, celery seeds, and paprika. The combination of these ingredients with some black pepper taste great and doesn’t contain anything that is unnecessary.
- Dried Onion Flakes
- Onion Powder
- Dried Parsley Flakes
- Beef Bouillon Granules
- Celery Seed
- Ground Black Pepper
How to Make Homemade Onion Soup Mix:
- Mix Ingredients – Mix all the ingredients together is a small mixing bowl. Store in an airtight container until you a ready to use.
How Much is in a packet of Dry Onion Soup Mix:
In the Onion Soup Mix that you is store bought, there is about 3 tablespoons. When preparing this recipe, it makes 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix.
I like to double the recipe to use it for multiple recipes, since I already have the ingredients out.
How to Use Onion Soup Mix:
Once I started making my own Onion Soup Mix, I started using it in many different recipes. This blend is amazing in soups, butter, and in mashed potatoes.
- Make a Dip – You can also use this recipe to make a delicious dip. Mix the ingredients with 1 pint of sour cream.
- Soup Mix – Add flavor by using this dry soup mix to add flavor to your favorite soup recipes.
- Ground Beef Recipes – Add flavor to your ground beef recipes. This would delicious if your recipe calls for garlic powder.
- Potatoes – Make onion-roasted potatoes with olive oil and onion soup mix. Sprinkle the mix on top of the potatoes and bake.
- Onion Butter –Combine butter and onion soup mix to sear with steak or salmon. This gives the meat amazing as soon as it is removed from the grill.
How to Store Onion Soup Mix:
Homemade Onion Soup Mix is easy to store. Place the seasoning blend in a jar and it will last up to 6 months. Mark the jar with the name of the blend and they date to ensure it stays fresh.
Recipes with Onion Soup Mix:
Try these easy recipes that combines that onion soup mix ingredient.
1. Slow Cooker Catalina Chicken:
We eat a lot of chicken and I’m always looking for new ideas that the entire family will love. This delicious Catalina chicken is definitely a hit around here and it couldn’t be any easier.
Your family will love this easy and delicious recipe. The sauce is almost like a glaze and the kids ask for this dish all the time. The onion soup mix really gives the glaze so much flavor.
2. Crock Pot Cube Steak and Gravy:
We love a good crock pot recipe and this one does not disappoint. This cube steak is delicious after being slow cooked all day and that gravy is just the best.
You will love how tender the meat is and you can cut it with a fork. Make sure to serve this meal with bread because you will want to dip it into the gravy.
Add onion soup mix to this recipe when you added the steak to the slow cooker. It makes the gravy taste amazing.
3. Crock Pot French Dip Recipe:
This Crock pot French Dip recipe is family favorite and we enjoy it year round. My mouth is watering just thinking about these sandwiches. This French Dip makes amazing sandwiches when combined with the seasoning.
Top the sandwiches with cheese and it makes an easy weeknight meal.
4. Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Meatballs Recipe:
If you are looking for a toss and go meal, this is the one to try. Everything gets tossed into the crock pot for the best dinner for your family.
The kids love this dish and will eat just about any veggie if it’s covered in that amazing sauce.
Very easy ingredients combined with the ¼ cup of onion soup mix makes this a flavorful meal. Toss in the frozen meatballs with the onion soup mix makes with the sauce makes an easy meal.
Print Recipe here for Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix:
Homemade Onion Soup
- 1/4 cup Dried Onion Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1/8 tsp Celery Seed
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together is a small mixing bowl. Store in an airtight container until you a ready to use.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Homemade Seasoning to Try: