This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make this Air Fryer Meatloaf for the perfect busy weeknight meal. This meatloaf is full of flavor and easily cooks in the air fryer.
A classic Meatloaf recipe is the ultimate comfort food to make for a Sunday night meal. We usually make meatloaf in the oven or we make it in the crockpot. But making this air fryer meatloaf recipe has been a game changer for my family.
Table of Contents
Can you Make Meatloaf in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can easily make meatloaf in the air fryer. You will still love the classic taste of your baked meatloaf but it cooks easily in the air fryer.
There no need to wait until the weekend to make your favorite comfort food. Now you can easily make it in the air fryer for an easy weeknight meal.
You still get the amazing flavor of a baked meatloaf but it cooks in less time in the air fryer.
For the Meatloaf:
- Lean Ground Beef
- Egg Yolk
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Onion Powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
For the Topping:
- Barbecue Sauce
For the full recipe and ingredients, scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card.
- Change the Meat – We used ground beef in this recipe, but you can also use ground turkey or ground pork. This is a delicious variation to this air fryer recipe.
- Bread crumbs – We used breadcrumbs in this recipe but you can also use chopped up ritz crackers or diced bread.
- Parmesan Cheese – Add in parmesan cheese to this meatloaf mixture for added flavor.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. I have even used a meatloaf seasoning packet for a delicious variation.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – In a large bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients. The mixture will be thick, so clean your hands and mix them all together thoroughly with your hands. Make sure to mix until just combined.
Step 2 – Prepare Air Fryer then shape the meat mixture into a loaf shape. Make sure that the loaf is the same thickness throughout. Then place in the air fryer and cook.
Step 3 – Combine the meatloaf topping ingredients in a bowl.
Step 4 – Then rub half of the topping mixture onto the top of the meatloaf in the air fryer.
- Step 5 – Cook – Cook for 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Cook until the meatloaf has an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Step 6 – Remove Meatloaf – Carefully remove the meatloaf from the air fryer. Tent it with foil and let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Top with the remaining glaze mixture. Then the meatloaf is ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
How do you know when finish cooking:
Cooking time will vary when making a meatloaf. It will depend on the thickness of your meatloaf and your air fryer. The best way to make sure your meatloaf is cooked is to use an instant read thermometer.
This meat thermometer checks to make sure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. This is the safe temperature that ensures your meatloaf is cooked.
It also locks in the flavor and moisture so you do not slice into the meatloaf to early.
- Combining the Ingredients – We recommend combining the ingredients by hand. This mixture is thick and using your hands ensure that everything is mixed together.
- Prepare Air Fryer – We recommend preheating the air fryer if you can. This helps to cook the meatloaf in a heated air fryer. Make sure to also line and oil your air fryer basket.
- Shaping Meatloaf – Make sure to shape the meatloaf so that it fits easily in the air fryer.
- Rest Meatloaf – After cooking meatloaf, you want to allow it to rest covered with aluminum foil. This helps to lock in flavor for the best meatloaf recipe.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Meatloaf?
There are many different side dishes that go great with this air fryer meatloaf. These sides are easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Mashed Potatoes – Mashed potatoes are a must when I make meatloaf. They are the perfect side dish and is the best side to this comfort meal.
- Glazed Carrots – This carrots recipe is a must when I make meatloaf. The sweet glaze makes the carrots so delicious.
- Homemade Rolls – Make these homemade dinner rolls in about 30 minutes. They will be ready right when your meatloaf is.
Top the meatloaf with a delicious BBQ glaze and serve with your favorite side dish. This classic comfort food is always a family favorite and it just warms the soul. Air frying meatloaf makes a delicious meal.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, we do recommend lining the air fryer with foil or parchment paper. This helps for an easy cleanup and prevents the meatloaf from sticking.
Yes, if you air fryer has this function then we recommend preheating it. If not, just turn your air fryer on for about 5 minutes before cooking your meatloaf.
Reheat your leftovers in the microwave or air fryer. Reheating in the air fryer will take about 3 minutes depending on how large your slice is.
More Easy Air Fryer Beef Recipes:
If you make this Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe, make sure to leave a comment. We love hearing from you.
Air Fryer Meatloaf
For the Meatloaf:
For the Topping:
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Barbecue Sausage
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients. The mixture will be thick, so clean your hands and mix them all together thoroughly with your hands. Make sure to mix until just combined.
- Rub olive oil onto the basket of your air fryer and preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If the air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf shape. Make sure that the loaf is the same thickness throughout and make sure that the loaf will fit in your air fryer basket.
- Place the prepared loaf in the air fryer and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. While the meatloaf is cooking, stir together the topping ingredients.
- Then rub half of the topping mixture onto the top of the meatloaf in the air fryer.
- Cook for 10-15 more minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the meatloaf has an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully remove the meatloaf from the air fryer. Tent it with foil and let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with the remaining glaze mixture. Then the meatloaf is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe