Air fryer steak is juicy and so flavorful. This is an easy way to cook steak and turns out perfectly every time.
Air fryer steak
Air fryer steak might just surprise you. The steak is so tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. If you have been hesitant to try steak in the air fryer, just go ahead. You will not be disappointed!
It is super quick and makes it so easy to enjoy a delicious steak any night of the week. No need to put off making steaks for special occasions when it is this easy!
The air fryer is a game changer when it comes to cooking steaks. Just try it and see!
- Sirloin Steak – approximately 1 inch thick
- Steak Seasoning
- Olive Oil
How to cook steak in air fryer:
First, let the steak sit at room temperature for about 30 to 45 minutes before you cook it.
Go ahead and preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. No worries if your air fryer does not have a preheat option. Just let it run for 5 minutes at 400 degrees to warm up the air fryer.
Second, rub olive oil on the bottom of the air fryer basket. I like to use a basting brush to help rub the olive oil all over the bottom.
Also, rub olive oil on both sides of the steak. Once the steak is coated in olive oil, sprinkle the steak seasonings on both sides of the steak.
Finally, put the steaks in the bottom of the basket. Make sure they are in a single layer. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may have to cook the steak in batches.
Let the steaks cook for 4 minutes and flip them over and let them cook another 4 minutes.
You can cook them for additional time in the air fryer until it reaches the temperature that you prefer.
Serve with this easy homemade garlic butter on top of the steak. Oh my it is so good melted all over the steak.
If you have any leftovers, they can be refrigerated up to 5 to 7 days.
Tips for Perfect Steak
You can use a thermometer to see if the steak is done. It is handy to have a digital thermometer to ensure the steak is cooked to your liking.
Once the steak has finished cooking, remove it and place on a separate plate. Let the steak rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Rare: 125°F
- Medium-Rare: 135°F
- Medium: 145°F
- Medium Well: 155°F
- Well Done: 160°F
What to serve with easy Air fryer steak:
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Caesar Salad
- Brussel sprouts in air fryer
- The Best Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Just keep it simple! Any of these easy ideas would be delicious. Check out more of our Best Side Dishes for Steak.
Try this delicious recipe.
It really is so good. I love to cook steaks in the cast iron but this new air fryer recipe might be my new favorite way!
It is just so simple and easy. Once you try it, you will see how tender and flavorful it is.
If you are wondering if it will be tough or chewy, don’t be! The results were tender and juicy steak. We absolutely loved it and I think you will too!
Enjoy this any night of the week when you learn how to make them in the air fryer. Yum! I think your family will really enjoy being able to have steaks more often.
This is definitely a game changer!
Print this Easy Air fryer steak recipe below:
Air fryer steak
- 3 Sirloin Steak approximately 1 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Note: If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then allow it to run for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F to warm up the air fryer.
- Use a basting brush to rub the olive oil allow the bottom of the air fryer basket and then rub the olive oil on both sides of the steak. Sprinkle the steak seasonings on both sides of the steak as well.
- Then place the steaks in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket. You may have to work in batch depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 4 minutes. Then turn the steaks over and cook for an additional 4 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Use a meat thermometer to check if the steak is done. For a rare steak the temperature should be 125 degrees-130 degrees. For medium rare, the internal temperature should be 135 degrees – 140 degrees. For medium to medium well, the temperature should be 145 degrees – 150 degrees. For well done, the internal temperature should be 160 degrees.
- You can cook the steak for additional time in the air fryer until the steak reaches the temperature that you prefer.
- After cooked, remove the steak to a separate plate and let the steak rest for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a delicious garlic butter and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy steak recipes:
- How to grill steak perfectly
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon Recipe
- Griddle Steak Recipe
- Crock Pot Steak and Potatoes Stew
- Easy Pepper Steak
- Crockpot Swiss Steak
- Steak Kabobs
Recipe was very easy and the steaks came out great!!
This was AMAZING!!!!! I never thought to cook steak in my air fryer! Petite sirloins are generally best slow cooked but yesterday I lost track of time and did not put my sirloins in the Instant Pot to slow cook. I found your recipe and they came out absolutely tender and delicious! It is now my go to way to cook these inexpensive cuts of beef. THANK YOU! YOU SAVED DINNER!
I’m so glad you loved it! This is one of my favorites.