This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make this easy Garlic butter recipe with just 4 ingredients. It is delicious served and adds so much flavor on french bread, steak and even vegetables.
Garlic butter recipe
Garlic butter recipe for bread is so delicious but did you know how easy it is to make? You can save a lot of money by making this at home instead of buying garlic bread already prepared. Plus, I think it tastes better too.
It’s not just for bread though. You can put it on steak, chicken, vegetables or a anything you like. Broccoli is my favorite vegetable to put it on. Everything we put it on, it turns out perfectly every time.
We love homemade garlic butter so much that I try to keep some in the fridge. It is so handy having it all ready to go for when you need to use it.
These ingredients are simple and you probably have most of them at home. This garlic spread better than anything you have had a restaurant or that you can buy at a store.
- Try doing roasted garlic or butter
- We have also done Lemon and Garlic Butter
- You could also use olive oil instead of butter
This garlic butter spread is perfect on shrimp, steak or even pasta.
- Salted Butter – softened at room temperature so you can easily mix this together. You can also use unsalted butter.
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic – Garlic powder can be used if you do not have minced. We have also used roasted garlic. Learn How to Mince Garlic Cloves.
- Dried Parsley – finely chopped
How do you make garlic butter from scratch?
Homemade Garlic Butter is so easy to make with simple ingredients.
- First, get a medium size bowl. Put all of the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Next, mix it all together using a hand mixer. This will help to get everything well combined.
- Once you have your bread, steak or vegetables on a baking sheet, spread your garlic bread over the top. It will melt perfectly in the oven.
- It makes the best garlic butter sauce. I like to put the buttery sauce in a small bowl and use as a dipping sauce.
How to serve homemade garlic butter?
- Garlic Bread – It is delicious on bread and we even freeze garlic bread to have for meals later. You can also add Parmesan cheese to make cheesy garlic bread.
- Steak – Grilled steak is so amazing with this garlic butter on top of it.
- Baked Potatoes – Use this instead of plain butter for lots of garlic flavor.
- Foil Pack Red Potatoes – Add this butter inside the foil pack to make this even more amazing.
- Mashed Potatoes – Substitute this for the butter. You can use as little or as much as you prefer depending on how much garlic flavor you want.
As you can see the possibilities are endless to use this homemade garlic butter.
How Long Does Garlic Butter Last?
This will last up to 1-2 weeks. Just make sure to use an air tight container and store in the fridge.
Another tip is to freeze any leftover garlic butter in ice cube trays and then pop inside freezer bags. This will make the butter last even longer.
Plus, the ice cubes are the perfect size to add to recipes and such. I love having this in the freezer to use. No need to defrost it when placing it your vegetables. If you are using it as a spread on your bread or topping your steak, just defrost it for about 15 seconds.
Perfect Steak topping:
As soon as my husband takes the steak off the grill, he tops each steak with this garlic butter spread. He then lets the steak rest for a few minutes before serving.
This spread adds in the perfect flavoring that is needed on our steak. It soaks in the juices and everyone loves the way it taste.
I am glad that I can always have this garlic butter spread on hand as it is the perfect spread we have ever had.
How to use Garlic Butter for Bread:
We absolutely love this. The flavor is so intense and just tastes better than anything store bought. Once you make this, you will see why we love it so much.
It is hard to go back to store bought garlic butter after you have tried this amazing recipe. It is full of delicious butter flavor and combining the garlic makes the perfect spread.
- Our favorite way to use the garlic spread on bread is heat the garlic butter in a saucepan for about 3 minutes
- Cut the sides of your french bread or italian bread in half and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place bread under broil and toast until golden brown. Make sure to watch carefully.
- Once done, remove from oven and brush you bread with the garlic spread.
- We will also put a little mozzarella on top of the garlic butter and place back in the oven about 1 minute
- The italian bread will bake a golden brown. The crust will be so crunchy on the outside and soft and yummy on the inside.
Give it a try and let us know how you like it. It is going to be a hit.
Print this Homemade garlic butter recipe below:
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Parsley finely chopped
- Place all the ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Use a hand held mixer to beat all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Serve on bread, steak or on top of your favorite vegetables!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe