This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Get these yummy Grilled Chicken Tenders on the table in less than 15 minutes. They are tender and flavor packed for a tasty weeknight meal.
Grilled Chicken Tenders
My kids love chicken tenders. I am always looking for new ways to prepare them while keeping things simple.
This recipe has a very simple blend of seasonings but the results are fabulous. The marinade is really yummy and the entire family will love this chicken.
Fire up the outdoor grill and let’s get started. It is such an easy recipe and comes together quicker than take out. Your family will love this juicy chicken.
How long to grill chicken tenders?
Chicken strips take just minutes to cook on the grill. Each side cooks for 4 to 6 minutes for a total time of less than 15 minutes.
That is a super fast dinner. Just make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.
Can you marinate chicken overnight?
Yes, you certainly can. This is my preferred way to do it.
All of the delicious flavors really soak into the chicken to make the chicken so delicious.
No worries if you forget to do this in advance. The chicken is still super tasty with only 20 minutes of marinade time.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders. We used about 7-8 tenders.
- Olive Oil
- Lemon, juiced
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
How to grill chicken tenders
- Fire up the grill so it can warm up. Preheat your grill over medium high heat to about 350 degrees F. Next, spray the grill grates with cooking spray or rub the oil on the grates. This will prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Coat the chicken. Put everything except for the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly so the marinade ingredients are mixed together thoroughly. Add the chicken and make sure all of the chicken is well coated.
- Marinade the chicken. Let the chicken marinade for at least 20 minutes. I like to do this overnight up to 8 hours. The flavor is really infused into the chicken.
- Grill the chicken tenders. Put the chicken tenders on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then flip the chicken and grill for 4 to 6 more minutes on the other side. The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. The chicken should be golden brown and the juices run clear.
- Serve. Place the chicken on a serving plate. Allow it to sit for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy.
What to serve with grilled chicken tenders?
The ideas are endless for side dish options. It pretty much taste amazing with just about anything.
Some of our favorites include:
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Sautéed Green Beans
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Homemade Biscuits
- See Best Grilled Chicken Sides for more easy ideas.
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
We love to enjoy this chicken for a quick lunch or easy dinner during the week. The leftovers taste amazing.
Our favorite way to enjoy leftovers is with a salad. Top your favorite salad greens with these chicken strips. You have a quick and healthy meal idea.
How to reheat:
Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Place the chicken on the wire rack. This will prevent the chicken from getting soggy.
If you are concerned with the chicken drying out, place a few tablespoons of water in the baking sheet. Then cover with foil.
This will make it easy to reheat the chicken without drying it out.
You can also use the microwave if you prefer. Just cook until heated through.
How to freeze:
Allow the chicken to cool completely. Then place inside an air tight container or freezer bag.
Chicken tenders will last up to 4 months in the freezer. You might want to make extra to be able to have some to freeze.
It is a great way to meal prep and have for easy meals later.
Variations for easy grilled chicken tenders:
- Try Chicken breasts in this recipe. You can use chicken breasts instead of chicken tenderloins. It will take longer to cook so just make sure to check the internal temperature.
- BBQ Sauce. Try other flavors on the chicken. My kids love when I use barbecue sauce. Just brush it on both sides of the chicken and grill.
Easy chicken tenders on the grill.
The cooking time is less than 30 minutes. This recipe is the easiest weeknight meal.
We make extra just to enjoy during the week. Our entire family loves chicken tenders and it saves us time when we can eat leftovers.
Print this Grilled chicken tenders recipe below:
Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F. Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Place all the ingredients except for the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Stir to thoroughly combined the marinade ingredients. Then add in the chicken and make sure it’s coated with the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 4-6 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Move the chicken to a plate, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe