We have the best bbq chicken recipe and you only need 2 ingredients. Fire up those grills and get ready for a delicious dinner in minutes!
This is the best bbq chicken recipe!
I think we can all agree that I love my grill. I mean, there is practically no clean up so what is there not to love? From our Taco grilled chicken to our grilled corn we love using our grill in the Summer months.
Today I wanted to share with you our absolute best BBQ Chicken recipe. I love it because it is packed with flavor and it is crazy easy to make.
You can’t beat 2 ingredients right? This is easy enough for busy weeknights.
- Italian Salad Dressing – I normally use Kraft Zesty.
- BBQ Sauce -any brand is fine but I usually get Kraft because it is inexpensive.
How to make bbq chicken on the grill:
- First, get a bowl or ziplock bag and mix the 2 ingredients together.
- Second, I like to marinade the chicken overnight for best results but this is optional. If you plan to do this, I definitely would use a ziplock. Just makes it easier.
- Finally, grill until the chicken is cooked through. You can use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees.
More ideas for grilled bbq chicken recipe:
- This recipe is also amazing if you bake the chicken (350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until it reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees). Either way, it really is the easiest and the best BBQ chicken recipe.
- If you don’t have enough time to marinade the chicken – no problem! Just season the chicken with pepper. Then start to grill. Meanwhile combine the Italian dressing and the BBQ sauce in a bowl. Glaze the chicken each time you flip the chicken on the grill with the BBQ mixture with a silicone basting brush. You will still get the amazing flavor without all the work.
- Make sure you have a good basting brush. I highly recommend GrillPro 41090 2-Piece Silicone Basting Brush which are often on sale.
- Try using bone in chicken breasts, chicken thighs or other chicken pieces. It all turns out so good with the BBQ sauce.
This recipe also freezes great.
Just place the marinade and the chicken breast in a freezer bag. Freeze until solid (freeze it flat). Then when you thaw it for dinner it is marinading too! Win-win!
I like to use these Freezer bag holders – It is like having another set of hands and we use them a lot. Give it a try! You will love how handy they are when adding things to freezer bags.
If you do a lot of freezer meals, these will help you a lot. They are game changer for sure!
What to do with leftovers?
- Salad. Slice the chicken and serve over a salad. This is a great lunch or quick dinner idea. Add your favorite veggies and some cheese and you are set.
- Quesadillas. Shred the chicken and make quesadillas. You can add rice, beans or anything you like.
- Burrito bowls. Chop the chicken up and serve over rice and toppings.
Sometimes, I even make extra just to enjoy for extra meals. I love cooking once and turning it into more easy meals.
Add Grilled bbq chicken recipe to your menu plan!
Who is ready to grill now?
I know I am! This simple recipe takes very little time and there is hardly any cleanup. Sounds like a win for Mom!
Print this easy bbq chicken recipe grill:
You just have to try this BBQ Chicken recipe. It really is the Best BBQ Chicken Recipe because it is full of flavor and is crazy easy to make.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts (approximately 6 Chicken Breasts)
- 1/2 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
Combine barbecue Sauce and salad dressing together in a small bowl.
Place the chicken in a bowl or a large storage bag.
Pour over sauce over chicken. Allow the chicken to marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
Grill the chicken over medium high heat. Cook for 7-10 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy!
You can also bake this chicken at 400 degrees F in a 9X13 baking pan uncovered for 25-30 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.