Summer is just around the corner, and if there is one thing you should have on the grill, it should be grilled corn on the cob! Today I thought I would show you how to grill corn on the cob. This is the easiest basic recipe on how to grill corn, but it tastes amazing.
How to Grill Corn on the Cob
Fresh corn is on sale everywhere in the Spring and Summer so this is also a very frugal side dish. In fact, we just can pick some up for usually for only $.20 EACH at our local grocery store. Now is the time to enjoy this inexpensive side dish. This grilled corn on the cob recipe is frugal, fast, and fabulous! It is a must have at any family BBQ at our house and the kids are normally fighting over the last ear.
How long to grill corn?
If you are placing it on medium high heat, I like to cook my grilled corn on the cob for about 20 minutes. You will want to roll the corn regularly so nothing gets burned but in 20 minutes you will have beautifully grilled corn.
If you like this, you will love this Easy Grilled Broccoli Side Dish Recipe.
Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe
Just like almost anything you cook on the grill, once you have done it you may only like it this way. 😉
Do you have to soak corn on the cob before grilling?
No, you do not have to soak corn on the cob before grilling. I Simply clean it, season it, and then it is ready to cook.
How to cook Corn on the Cob on the grill:
- Fresh Corn on the cob (you could use frozen, but fresh is so cheap right now)
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, Garlic salt (or any seasonings you would like)
- Butter for after grilling
Directions for cooking corn on the grill:
- Clean the cobs of corn of the husks.
- Lay each cob on the foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper and garlic salt.
- Roll up in the foil. Do this until all of the corn is covered in foil.
- Place on the grill on about medium heat for 20 minutes turning occasionally.
- Make sure you are careful when unwrapping – these are hot!
- Serve with the butter!
How to grill corn on the cob. This grilled corn on the cob recipe will give you the perfect corn on the cob every single time.
- 6 Fresh Corn on the Cob (shucked)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Clean the cobs of corn of the husks.
Prepare 6 pieces of foil. Lay each cob on the foil.
Drizzle with olive oil over each corn on the cob and season with the salt and pepper.
Roll up the corn in the foil and make sure that it's completely covered.
Place on the grill over medium heat for 20 minutes turning occasionally.
Cool completely, then remove the foil from the corn carefully as the foil will be hot.
Serve warm with butter and enjoy!
These can also be made in the oven. Cook at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until the corn is the tenderness that you prefer.
Change up the Grilled Corn on the cob recipe:
This is your basic recipe to get the most moist delicious without a lot of work. Considering adjusting the grilled corn on the cob recipe a bit for a completely different flavor.
- sprinkle with parmesan cheese once corn is cooked (You will love this Parmesan Grilled Corn on the Cob)
- Add chili powder
- Add lime juice
- Try this amazing Mexican Corn on the Cob ; Easy Mexican Street Corn
What other ways do you season your corn on the cob?
Keep the kitchen cool and make this Hawaiian chicken kabobs recipe on the grill.
Speaking of grilling, you might like some of these other grilling recipes:
- Over 60 Delicious Grilling Recipes!
- The Best Steak Marinade – only 3 ingredients!
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia
- Catalina Glazed Grilled Chicken