This grilled broccoli recipe is simple and delicious without much work. The texture is amazing with perfectly crispy edges.
Grilled broccoli recipe
We have grilled just about everything so I decided to give broccoli a try. I am so glad I finally tried it on the grill!
This easy Grilled broccoli recipe was easy, fast and delicious. The broccoli is packed with flavor from being grilled and the crispy edges just make it so much better!
In fact, even the kiddos that do not normally like broccoli enjoyed this easy side dish. The texture is just different so give it a try even if broccoli isn’t your favorite.
The best part… no clean up! My secret is to use heavy duty foil! It holds up really well and makes clean up a breeze. If you use regular foil, I would double it so it does not break. That is one mess you don’t want to clean up.
There is just something about the grill. Everything tastes better.
Easy grilled broccoli is a must try!
Trust me that you are going to love this…..even the kids! We like ours a little crispy so I grill it a little longer. You could just as easy reduce the time for your preference.
I find the kids like it better when it’s crispy so that’ s just what we do. It’s the perfect side that doesn’t take long, requires no clean up and is so easy. It can’t get any easier!
What goes with this side dish?
- salt, pepper to taste
- butter – You can also use olive oil instead.
- non stick spray
- aluminum foil (I use heavy duty foil)
How to grill broccoli:
First, spray non stick cooking spray on the foil.
Chop the broccoli into small pieces and put on foil.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over the broccoli. Add the butter on top. If you prefer any other seasonings, add them now.
Finally, make a foil pack by folding the edges.
Put on the grill to medium heat for about 5 minutes per side. If you don’t like it so crispy, reduce the cooking time. It is easy to adapt to your taste.
I thought I would give you a few ways to jazz up your broccoli for an even more fun side dish. The ideas are truly endless with broccoli and you can make so many different flavor combinations.
- Homemade cheese sauce -Delicious and you can make it in your microwave. Just pour it all over the broccoli
- Sprinkle with Garlic salt or garlic powder – Just add to broccoli and toss to coat. YUM! This is one of my favorites.
- Top it with some Parmesan cheese – a family favorite around here with the kiddos.
- Sprinkle with some chili powder or red pepper flakes for a small kick. This gives the broccoli a little heat and it’s fantastic.
- Sprinkle with some homemade taco seasoning for a tex-mex twist. This is so yummy.
- Lemon or Lime- Sprinkle lemon juice or lime juice over the broccoli. This is also good with Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. This combination is so good.
- Soy sauce – Drizzle a little soy sauce over the broccoli for Asian flavor.
No matter how you like your broccoli, you have to try it on the grill.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT BROCCOLI:
- Customize the cooking time based on preference. If you love it crispy like we do, grill it 4-5 minutes per side. If you prefer it softer, reduce the cooking time.
- Use heavy duty foil. It is much stronger and more durable than regular foil. you won’t have any spills or breakage using heavy duty foil.
- Experiment with different flavors and seasoning. Don’t be scared to try something new. You might be surprised!
- You can also use a grill basket instead of foil.
Print this Easy Grilled Broccoli Recipe below:
Easy Grilled Broccoli Side Dish recipe
- 1 lb. broccoli
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- Spray a large piece of aluminum foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop up your broccoli into bite size pieces and place on the center of the aluminum foil.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with butter.
- Fold the foil around the broccoli to make a foil pack.
- Grill over medium high heat for approximately 8-10 minutes (flipping part way) depending on how tender you like your broccoli.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy grilled side dish recipes:
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini
- Balsamic Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled Zucchini with Teriyaki Sauce
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Grilled Green Beans
- How to Grill Corn on the Cob