Bacon wrapped chicken recipe is a delicious combination of brown sugar and bacon for a dinner no one can resist. The entire dish is so simple and it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe:
Our family goes crazy over this bacon wrapped chicken dinner recipe. The chicken is seasoned with brown sugar and spices then wrapped in bacon. My family loves bacon, so I knew this recipe would be a family favorite.
The recipe look so fancy but it takes just minutes to prepare. No one will believe how little time you spent making this.
We eat chicken a lot at our house. So I am always trying to ways to jazz chicken up. This is the perfect recipe to do so. Sometimes we will add a little smoked paprika to the chicken.
Give it a try for a delicious meal idea. It is perfect for company and sure to be a hit but simple enough for busy school nights. My family loves anything that I cook with bacon.
Easy Chicken Recipe:
I love recipes that are simple and easy but taste so amazing. Meal ideas that can go from prep to oven to table in minutes are definitely some of our favorites. Easy recipes also help us from being tempted to get take out and we get to enjoy much better food at home.
That is why we love this easy chicken recipe. The combination of brown sugar and bacon is so delicious. Everyone will be so impressed with this recipe. We won’t tell how easy the recipe is.
We love that this recipe is high in protein. When I am wanting to eat low carb, I make this as I know my entire family will enjoy it. I also love that it is a naturally gluten-free meal.
Other ways to make this Chicken Recipe:
If you prefer, you can make this chicken recipe on the grill or in your air fryer. We love using our air fryer. My kids can even make this recipe using the air fryer.
- Air Fryer – If you decide to use your air fryer instead of baking it, then you would follow the same process of wrapping your chicken with bacon and seasoning your chicken. Pre-heat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Air fry your chicken for 10-15 minutes. Use your meat thermometer to check the temperature.
- Grilling your chicken – We love this recipe on the grill. Follow the recipes as it indicates. Grill your chicken for about 20minutes, flipping each side. Make sure to use your meat thermometer to ensure your chicken is done.
Ingredients for Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Brown Sugar (see The Best Brown Sugar Substitutes and our How to Make Brown Sugar)
- Soy Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
How do you make Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking dish or baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 3-4 slices of bacon. Tuck the cut bacon under the chicken as shown. Place into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, onion powder, cinnamon, olive oil and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Pour over chicken in pan and spread on top of bacon with a brush.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on thickness of your chicken.
Should you wrap chicken in foil when baking?
When we are cooking chicken, we always cook our chicken uncover. We like the skin of the chicken to get crispy and it also turns a golden brown.
If you find that your chicken is getting to burnt looking but still is not finished cooking, you can lay a piece of foil over the top while it finishes cooking.
How long does it take to cook Bacon Wrapped Chicken?
When preparing your chicken, you want to make sure that the chicken breast are even in size. This ensure that all the chicken is fully cooked at the same time. I cook the chicken for about 30 minutes. It will depend on how thick cut your chicken is.
I like to turn the oven on broil the last few minutes to get the bacon crispy, but this up to your family’s preference.
How to know when Chicken is done:
To make sure that your chicken is done, it is best to use a digital meat thermometer. I make sure that the meat instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees before removing from the oven.
I prefer this method over slicing the chicken. I like to let the chicken rest before serving as this locks in all the juicy flavors.
Tips for the best Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- Wrapping Chicken – The key to getting that juicy chicken is wrapping it in bacon. It locks in the juices and flavoring for that yummy brown sugar flavor that taste so good.
- Marinate the Chicken – You can add your seasoning and chicken to a ziplock bag in the morning and bake the chicken when you get home.
- Brining the chicken – Brining the chicken helps also to lock in the chicken. If baked to long, chicken can turn very dry. Make sure to use your meat thermometer to check your chicken.
What to serve with Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- Serve with Quick & Easy Baked Beans and Sweet Honey Corn Bread. Yum!
- It is also delicious with mashed potatoes and microwaved steamed broccoli.
- Rice is another easy and tasty side dish. The brown sugar sauce tastes amazing over the rice.
- It is so easy and helpful for busy weeknights. You can also use brown rice. Learn how to cook brown rice in the microwave for a quick side.
- Other delicious side ideas include salad and Roasted Green Beans.
Try this brown sugar bacon wrapped chicken!
The brown sugar is so rich and decadent and the bacon adds a kick of flavor. The combination is amazing and turns baked chicken breasts into the best meal.
My family goes crazy over this bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe. I can’t wait for you to try this chicken wrapped in bacon with the absolute best sauce.
The slices of bacon give the chicken the best flavor. It is heavenly. The recipe is so simple and you will really be shocked just how easy it is.
Give this a try and let us know how you like it. It is the best and super easy!
Print this bacon wrapped chicken recipe below:
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lb bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 3-4 slices of bacon. Tuck the bacon under the chicken as shown. Place into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, onion powder, cinnamon, olive oil and garlic powder. Mix well. Pour over chicken in pan and spread on top of bacon with a brush.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on thickness of your chicken.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Chicken and Bacon Recipes:
- Easy BBQ Bacon Chicken Dinner
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Packet