Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders has the best flavor with just 4 ingredients. This is an easy weeknight recipe for the grill that everyone will enjoy.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
We love to grill year round. There is just something about the flavor that takes food up a level.
This recipe for grilled bacon wrapped chicken tenders is no exception. It is delicious.
The bacon combined with the chicken and barbecue sauce really make this so delicious. If you like chicken, try jazzing it up with this simple to make recipe.
Grilled chicken is a family favorite but this bacon wrapped chicken is amazing. Each bite is so tender and juicy on the inside. You are going to love this chicken and bacon recipe.
Keep reading because we also have instructions for baking the chicken. It is the best meal anytime of year.
How long to grill chicken tenders:
You can have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. They do not take long at all making this a super fast meal even during the week.
Chicken tenders make a really easy meal when you need dinner fast. They take about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
When in doubt, it is always a good idea to use a meat thermometer. Chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
We grilled chicken tenders last night and I made sure to use my handy meat thermometer. This is an accurate way to make sure the meat has finished cooking without cutting it.
I prefer this method because once you cut the meat, all those delicious juices run out. You want to keep those inside the chicken so it will be moist and delicious.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders. We used about 7 to 8 tenders.
- Bacon. Try using thicker cut bacon. It holds up better on the grill.
- Barbecue Sauce
- Brown Sugar
How to make Bacon wrapped chicken tenders:
- Fire up the outdoor grill. Go ahead and start your grill so it can be preheating. It should reach about 350 degrees over medium to high heat.
- Spray the grill grates with cooking spray. You can also rub the grates with oil if you prefer. You just need something to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grill.
- Add the bacon to each chicken tender. Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around each chicken tender.
- Brush each piece with barbecue sauce. If you have a pastry brush or silicone basting brush, use that to add the BBQ sauce.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Add the brown sugar to the top of each piece of bacon wrapped chicken.
- Place the tenders on the grill. Grill 5 to 7 minutes on each side. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
You can cook for 3-4 minutes and then add more BBQ sauce if you prefer. Then let it finish cooking.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Place the chicken tenders on a plate for a few minutes. Then serve and enjoy. Salt and pepper to taste.
How to store:
Place the leftover chicken in the fridge inside an airtight container. It will last up to 5 days if stored properly.
It is still really good later and makes great leftovers. You can add it to salad for a quick lunch or dinner. The chicken is so yummy and reheats well for another great meal.
How to make In the oven:
No worries if the weather is not suitable for grilling. You can easily make this in the oven. Just preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with foil. This will help to catch all the sauce as it cooks. Clean up will be much easier if you do this step.
Then, place a wire rack on top of it. Place the bacon wrapped chicken on the wire rack.
This will help to get the bacon crispy. Bake the chicken for 30 to 35 minutes flipping halfway through the cooking time.
At the very end, broil for 2 minutes to get the tenders and bacon crispy.
Make sure the chicken is fully cooked by using your meat thermometer. It should be 165 degrees internally.
What to serve with grilled chicken tenders:
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries. My kids love sweet potato fries with chicken tenders.
- Foil Potatoes . If you want to keep everything on the grill, this is a delicious and easy option.
- Crockpot Baked Beans. The slow cooker does all of the work!
- Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus
- See Best Grilled Chicken Sides for more ideas.
- Substitute chicken breasts. You can easily use chicken breast instead of chicken tenders in this recipe. Just note that it will take longer to cook.
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce. Store bought is fine but feel free to use homemade BBQ sauce.
- Try other types of sauce. Sometimes, I use buffalo sauce instead of BBQ sauce. It is really good when you are in the mood for a little heat.
- Marinating the chicken. This is not necessary but you can marinate the chicken in barbecue sauce overnight. It will be ready to go the next day and packed with even more flavor.
This recipe is quick and easy.
These tasty grilled chicken tenders make an easy family friendly meal. It is a delicious recipe. Everyone will love this juicy chicken.
You can make easy grilled chicken tenders in less time than going to get takeout. It really is that simple.
Print grilled bacon wrapped chicken tenders recipe:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders approximately 7-8 tenders
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 4 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce
- 4 tsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F. Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Wrap each chicken tender with a piece of bacon. Then brush (I used a silicone basting brush) the barbecue sauce onto the chicken tenders with the bacon. Then sprinkle with the brown sugar and rub the sugar into the barbecue sauce with the basting brush.
- Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill. Grill for 5-7 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 5-7 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Move the chicken to plate, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe