This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This easy oven baked sweet potato fries recipe is one of my favorites. It is delicious, much healthier than traditional fries and they are fun to make with the kids. Give these a try!
Oven baked sweet potato fries recipe
I don’t know about you, but I love sweet potatoes. If given the choice, I always choose sweet potatoes as my side dish. They are amazing!
So, you can see why I’m so excited about these oven baked sweet potato fries! They are crispy and delicious. Yum!
No frying or anything. These fries are baked to perfection and you will absolutely love them!
Making oven baked sweet potato fries is easier than you might think!
Seriously, don’t they look beautiful? I love the crispiness of these fries, and even the kids love them.
You know what else I love? Not having to stand over the stove frying these. Just pop them in the oven. Easy!
Let’s make this Easy Oven Baked Sweet potato fries recipe!
I love recipes that are easy and frugal like this one. Plus, it is healthy and delicious.
I never liked frying so this is nice because it is oven baked. You still get that amazing crispy outside.
These are absolutely the best. We all love sweet potato fries! Once you try these, you will make them all the time.
Seriously they are that good!
Ingredients for sweet potato fries:
- sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- corn starch
- garlic salt
Just a few simple ingredients is all you need. This is so easy and tastes amazing.
How to Make the Best Sweet Potato Fries:
First, preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Peel the fries and cut into the size of fries. I like to cut them about 1/4″ thickness in size.
In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with corn starch.
Next, place the potatoes on a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Make sure to separate the fries as much as possible so they can cook evenly.
Drizzle with olive oil. Mix the seasonings together in small bowl and sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and brown slightly. I like to toss them halfway through the cooking process.
Gently toss and serve immediately.
Money Saving tip:
Sweet potatoes tend to be cheaper in the fall months. Make sure you download our free What’s in Season? Calendar of Fruits and Vegetables in Season printable that will show you when you will find produce at its lowest price. That is the best way to save money next time you are making sweet potato fries.
I have learned over the years that shopping and cooking based on sales really helps our grocery budget. It adds up over time and makes a big difference in our budget.
It helps keep the grocery budget reasonable and feed a large family. By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished.
I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Everyone will love these easy sweet potato fries. It is the best side dish and really simple. I love how frugal it is too.
This is another great example of a recipe that is easy, tasty and budget friendly. This is really a huge help in your grocery budget and you can feed a crowd with these sweet potato fries.
Try these easy sweet potato fries.
In less than 25 minutes, the baking time is not long at all. You can have an amazing side dish in minutes.
They have the best flavor with olive oil and seasonings. We have even used coconut oil and added salt pepper and more.
You can also use the air fryer to make these if you have one of those. Roasted sweet potatoes are so yummy and these fries are crispy and delicious.
Just make sure to cut sweet potatoes in small slices so they cook evenly and don’t take long to bake. Cutting the best sweet potato fries is super easy and you will lov this recipe!
Give it a try and let us know how it turns out.
What to serve with oven baked sweet potato fries recipe?
- Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia
- Catalina Glazed Grilled Chicken
- Tender Baked Pork Tenderloin
- Easy Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipe
- Crockpot Brisket Sandwich Recipe
- Crock Pot Chipotle BBQ Beef Sandwich.
The options are endless! Sweet potatoes go with just about anything.
Sometimes we even make these just for a snack or to enjoy while watching a movie. They are so easy and inexpensive.
Everyone loves these and it is a nice change from traditional white potatoes. You are going to love these crispy oven baked fries.
Print this recipe for crispy sweet potato fries below:
Sweet potato fries recipe
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into the size of fries (approximately 1/4" inch thick pieces).
- In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with the corn starch.
- Place the potatoes on parchment or foil lined baking sheets. Separate them out as much as possible so that they cook evenly.
- Drizzle with the olive oil. Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes (tossing them half way through the cook time) until the potatoes are cooked through and brown slightly.
- Gently toss; serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More sweet potato recipes:
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Quick and Easy Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Turkey Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
More delicious side dish recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- How to Steam Broccoli in the Microwave
- Making Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Russet Potatoes, Mushrooms, and Onions
- Delicous Roasted Green Beans
- Baked Potatoes in the Microwave – Easy to make!
- Easy Recipe on how to Grill Corn on the Cob
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Parmesan Pasta – Easy 2 Ingredient Side Dish
- Quick and Easy Weeknight Macaroni and Cheese
- Crispy fried onion rings