When you are cooking for a crowd or a big family, Oven Baked Tacos are the perfect meal. They are easy to make in a huge batch to feed a crowd and so delicious.
Oven baked tacos
You can make one batch… or three without hardly any more work. We just love how easy oven baked tacos are. I love them because they are frugal too.
Now, if you really want to save money, I suggest you use our homemade taco seasoning, because it is much cheaper (and healthier) to make your own. Plus, you can make homemade refried beans without much work too!
Oven baked tacos ingredients:
- Ground Beef
- Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- Refried Beans or 1 cup of homemade refried beans
- Taco Seasoning or tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning
- Corn Taco Shells
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Your favorite toppings (lettuce, tomatoes,sour cream, etc.)
How to make Oven Baked Tacos:
Now you can make this delicious meal in the skillet and brown your ground beef. However, if you already have your ground beef browned and frozen like I do, this recipe is even easier.
Mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
While the meat is simmering, preheat your oven. Fill the taco shells and arrange in a 9×13 baking dish.
Use about half the cheese on the tacos. Bake until cheese is melted.
Garnish with your favorite toppings and the remaining cheese.
What toppings are good with Oven Tacos?
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro
Not only is it so delicious but toppings are just fun. Set up a topping bar and let everyone choose their favorites.
This is fun for family dinner or even parties!
What sides go with baked tacos?
Whether you make your taco meat in the crockpot or in the skillet, you will have a delicious dinner in no time. Serve it with our easy Spanish rice recipe and you have a complete dinner for a busy weeknight meal.
You can save even more time and learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier.
I love to grab the rice from the freezer in the morning and when we come home it is all ready to enjoy. We do this for lots of meals and it helps put together a quick meal.
It is so easy and helpful for busy weeknights. You can also use brown rice. Learn how to cook brown rice in the microwave for a quick side.
We have also used this Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. There are lots of delicious options.
Another great idea is Crock Pot Refried Beans. They are so easy in the slow cooker and really tasty.
Add this to your menu this week and let us know how your family loves it!
We also love street tacos made with tender beef and lime for another easy and delicious recipe.
Oven Tacos are so versatile!
This easy recipe is so versatile that you can make tons of substitutions and it’ll still taste amazing. You can make this with ground turkey instead of ground beef.
We often mix both together. The ground turkey takes on the taste of ground beef with all of the taco seasonings. This is a big savings and no one even notices.
Black beans are also tasty if you want to try using those instead of refried beans. I also like to use flat bottom tacos to make it easier to arrange them in the pan.
If I’m in a hurry, I usually use whatever I have in my refrigerator or what is on sale at my local grocery store.
I have used salsa instead of rotel tomatoes and the taco mixture was amazing. Just use what you have.
In addition, using different types of salsa can change this recipe quite a bit. For instance, since I’m usually serving kids, I choose a mild salsa that is on sale. However, if you love spicy food, you can substitute this for a spicier salsa.
Also, this recipe would work great with a delicious verde salsa as well. I love cooking with this homemade quick salsa verde de tomatillo recipe.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget.
Print this recipe for oven baked tacos below:
Oven Baked Tacos
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 5 oz Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 8 oz Refried Beans or 1 cup of homemade refried beans
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning or tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning
- 1 box Corn Taco Shells
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Your favorite toppings lettuce, tomatoes,sour cream, etc.
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Add seasoning, beans, tomatoes and ½ cup water.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Fill shells and arrange in 9×13″ baking dish.
- Evenly distribute about half of the cheese over the tacos.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with toppings and remaining cheese.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Enjoy this delicious and amazing Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe at home and skip the drive-thru!
Enjoy your Taco Bell fix at home when you make this delicious Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe.
Try making this easy and freezer friendly Mexican Rice. So delicious!
All you need is 3 ingredients to make the best ground beef tacos recipe.
Try these other easy taco recipes:
- Crock Pot Ground Chicken Tacos
- Easy Carne Asada Street Tacos
- The Best Shrimp Tacos
- Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 5 Minute Baja Shrimp Taco Recipe
- Crock Pot Chipotle Steak Tacos Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe
Make sure you also check out our HUGE roundup of over 100 Mexican recipes.