When you are cooking for a crowd (or a big family like mine) Oven Baked Tacos are the perfect meal. They are easy to make in a huge batch to feed a crowd. You can make one batch… or three without hardly any more work. I love them because they are frugal too. Now, if you really want to save money, I suggest you use our homemade taco seasoning, because it is much cheaper (and healthier) to make on your own. Plus, you can make homemade refried beans without much work too!
This is what you need:
1 lb Ground Beef
5 oz Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles
8 oz Refried Beans or 1 cup of homemade refried beans
1 packet Taco Seasoning or tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning
1 box Corn Taco Shells
8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Your favorite toppings (lettuce, tomatoes,sour cream, etc.)
How to make Oven Baked Tacos:
Now you can make this delicious meal in the skillet and brown your ground beef. However, if you already have your ground beef browned and frozen like I do, then you can actually just toss the meat, beans, taco seasoning, rotel, and maybe a 1/4 cup of water in the crock pot and let it cook until you are ready to bake. That would make this easy recipe even easier! 🙂
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 5 oz Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 8 oz Refried Beans or 1 cup of homemade refried beans
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning or tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning
- 1 box Corn Taco Shells
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Your favorite toppings (lettuce, tomatoes,sour cream, etc.)
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Add seasoning, beans, tomatoes and ½ cup water.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Fill shells and arrange in 9x13" baking dish.
- Evenly distribute about half of the cheese over the tacos.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with toppings and remaining cheese.
Whether you make your taco meat in the crockpot or in the skillet, you will have a delicious dinner in no time. Serve it with our easy Spanish rice recipe and you have a complete dinner for a busy weeknight meal.
Add this to your menu this week and let us know how your family loves it!
Make sure you also check out our HUGE roundup of over 100 Mexican recipes. 🙂