Guacamole has never been easier than this simple guacamole recipe! Your family will be making this easy guacamole recipe every chance you get! Enjoy it with tortilla chips or straight out of the bowl!
The key to amazing guacamole is keeping it simple. It really is all about combining 4 basic ingredients and creating a flavorful dip. There is nothing complicated or fancy about it!
My husband loves this very simple guacamole recipe, and quite frankly, I have grown to love it, too. Growing up I was a picky eater, so I never would have thought that I would think green dip could be so good!
Once I made this recipe, I knew that I would be making this easy homemade guacamole time and time again! It is so simple and is delicious!
We just got avocados cheap a few weeks ago, so I thought I would share this easy homemade guacamole recipe. When avocados are on sale you definitely want to make sure you have the rest of the ingredients on hand to make this fresh guacamole recipe!
I’m going to be honest here, I don’t do very much measuring on this one. That just goes to show you just how simple of a recipe it is! It is all about eye-balling it and tasting it. 😉 You will know what I mean when you make it!
The diced red onion and tomatoes add a nice pop of color and crunch to this simple guacamole. If you and your family do not like them, feel free to leave them off, they’re completely optional!
What to serve with Homemade Guacamole:
Homemade guacamole is so good eaten as a quick appetizer, snack or as a garnish to your favorite Mexican-inspired dishes. Additionally, your friends will love it served at your Cinco De Mayo celebrations! Be prepared, you’ll end up with an empty dish pretty quickly!
Now, this guacamole is great with chips, but we use it for much more! Fresh guacamole is great in your favorite soups or on top of a burger or your favorite grilled chicken. Guacamole is also a great twist on deviled eggs!
How to Store Leftover Guacamole:
It doesn’t happen very often that we end up with extra guacamole, but stranger things have happened! Avocados are known for turning brown quickly after being exposed to the air. So how do you keep your guacamole looking green and fresh?
The addition of lime juice in this simple guacamole will help quite a bit. Additionally, when you go to store any leftovers you might have, place the plastic wrap directly on top of the leftover guacamole so that no oxygen is able to get to it.
Another tip I found but have not tested is to pat down the guacamole in the bowl and add a little cold water to the top and place the lid on. When you’re ready to eat the rest of the guacamole, simply drain off the water and stir!
What is needed to make easy guacamole recipe with salsa:
Fresh ingredients make all of the difference in homemade guacamole! Make sure your avocados are ripe. You want them soft enough that you are able to easily mash the avocado, yet firm enough that they aren’t mushy.
When picking out your avocados, try to get ones that have the stem still attached. Cup it in your hand and gently press on one end. There should be a slight give to it.
- 2-3 ripe avocados (they should be soft to the touch)
- 1/2 lime (we are using the juice)
- garlic salt (I prefer this kind)
- jarred salsa (like Pace Picante sauce) – about a 1/4 cup
- Chips for serving
Very Simple Guacamole Recipe:
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit.
- Place avocados in a mixing bowl. With a fork or potato masher begin to gently mash them up.
- Add salsa by the heaping spoonfuls. Stir and slowly add more to your liking. I would say you need about a 1/4 cup.
- Once it is to the desired consistency, squeeze the lime all over the avocados (this helps prevent them from browning so quickly). You could also use lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in garlic salt – don’t skimp!
- Taste it and then add more garlic salt as needed. The salt makes a BIG difference in good guacamole. If it is tasting bland then you need more garlic salt.
- Garnish with finely chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and red onions, if desired and pepper to taste.
Serve with chips and enjoy! If you eat a gluten free diet, you can enjoy this recipe, too!
Print this Simple Guacamole Recipe here:
My husband loves this very simple guacamole recipe. If you love fresh guacamole then you need to try this delicious but very simple guacamole recipe.
- 3 Avocados (nice and ripe -they should be soft to the touch)
- 1/2 lime juice (we are using the juice)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 Cup salsa - like Pace Picante - about 1/4 cup
- Chips for serving
Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit.
Place avocados in a mixing bowl. With a fork or potato masher begin to gently mash them up.
Add salsa by the heaping spoonfuls. Stir and slowly add more to your liking. I would say you need about a 1/4 cup.
Once it is to the consistency you like, squeeze the lime all over the avocados (this helps prevent them from browning so quickly). You could also use lemon juice.
Sprinkle in garlic salt.
Taste it and then add more garlic salt as needed. The salt makes a BIG difference in good guacamole. If it is tasting bland then you need more garlic salt.
Garnish with finely chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and red onions, if desired and pepper to taste.
Serve with chips and enjoy!
The most obvious thing to serve with guacamole is chips, but it is also great in your favorite soups or on top of a burger or your favorite grilled chicken.
Homemade Salsa Recipe is so easy that you will not believe it and it only takes a few minutes.
Try Simple Guacamole with some of these recipes:
- Taco Chicken Marinade
- Baked Mexican Chicken
- Crockpot Taco Chili
- Crockpot chicken tortilla soup
- The Best Mexican White Cheese Dip
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Bowl Recipe
- White Chicken Taco Chili Recipe