This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
All you need is 3 ingredients to make the best Ground Beef Tacos Recipe. Enjoy delicious tacos in minutes with this easy skillet recipe.
Taco Night is a breeze with this quick and easy weeknight meal recipe. Your family will love it and you will save a ton of money eating at home.
This is similar to our Crockpot Taco Meat Recipe but this new recipe is prepared on the stove top. This one of my favorite ground beef recipes. You may also love our Oven Baked Taco, Fried Taco Recipe, and Sloppy Joes Tacos.
Table of Contents
Learn how to make homemade taco seasoning. It is so simple and easy. It is made with simple ingredients, which includes the following seasoning.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning – I use homemade taco seasoning
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the ingredients and the full recipe.
- Change the Meat – You can make this with ground turkey instead of ground beef. We often mix both together.
- Taco Shells – You can serve these ground beef tacos with corn tortillas, flour tortillas, or street taco size tortillas.
- Addition – If you need to stretch your meat budget, try adding black beans or rice to the ground beef mixture. This can really help to stretch the taco meat.
- Salsa Variation – Feel free to use a mild salsa, medium salsa, or a hot salsa. This will depend on who you are serving or if you prefer the meat mixture to be spicy. You can also add in tomato sauce or diced tomatoes for more of a tomato base mixture.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Brown the ground beef in a skillet until brown with a wooden spoon. Drain the excess grease.
Step 2 – Stir in the water, taco seasoning and salsa. Heat uncovered for 3-5 minutes until the flavors are combined.
Taco Topping Ideas:
When serving these ground beef tacos, I like to create a taco bar with all of these favorite toppings. This is the perfect idea when you are serving a crowd.
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The Best Pico De Gallo Recipe
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
- Pickled Onions
- Skillet – We use a cast iron skillet and it’s perfect for this recipe. But any skillet will work with this recipe.
- Simmer Ingredients – Simmer the taco meat for about 5 minutes to allow the seasoning to add flavor to the ground beef.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We recommend storing the ground beef, the taco toppings and taco shells all separately. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. The leftovers will last up to 4 days.
A pound of ground beef typically makes about 6-8 small tacos.
More Easy Taco Recipes:
- Crock Pot Ground Chicken Tacos
- Easy Carne Asada Street Tacos
- The Best Shrimp Tacos
- Crock Pot Chipotle Steak Tacos Recipe
- find all our Taco Night Ideas
If you make this Ground Beef Tacos Recipe, make sure to leave us a star review. We love hearing from you.
Ground Beef Tacos
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup Water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet until brown. Drain the excess grease.
- Stir in the water, taco seasoning and salsa.
- Heat uncovered for 3-5 minutes until the flavors are combined.
- Serve over the tortillas topped with your favorite taco toppings.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe