This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Walking taco frito chili pie is so easy and perfect for parties, meals on the go and more. Enjoy chili pie with corn chips for a quick meal any night of the week.
Walking taco frito chili pie
You know I love a quick dinner idea and this walking tacos frito chili recipe is just that! The kids love it and it is always a crowd pleaser.
Last time you all loved my walking tacos recipe with Doritos, but today we are making it Frito Chili pie style!
Now, you will have 2 delicious options to try. Let’s get started with this recipe with corn chips.
Yes… Frito Chili Pie in a bag!
You read that correctly. The very loved Frito chili pie is making its way into a walking taco, where you can eat, chat, walk, and have hardly no clean up.
This is a win win for my family on “one of those” nights when we are way to busy. It is also a fun meal to serve at parties so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests.
What are Walking tacos?
I have been asked several times what are walking tacos, and the answer is simple. You just need a single serving of chips, some kind of meat, and some toppings.
You cut open the chips and pour in your ingredients and enjoy! Yes, it is that simple. We make these on busy nights and for birthday parties.
Usually we end up with left over taco meat or left over chili and I make this walking taco recipe. I love to turn leftovers into something new. My family has no idea and thinks it is a brand new meal!
- Left over chili – try my delicious Crockpot Chili Recipe
- single serve bagged fritos
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped onions
- any other toppings you want
How to make Walking frito chili pies:
- First, heat up your left over chili.
- Prepare the toppings. We love to make a topping bar. So fun!
- Make sure you have at least one bag of single serve bagged fritos for every person. We buy ours in bulk at Sam’s or online on Amazon.
- Cut open the bag of Fritos down the side.
- Spoon the chili inside and then top with your favorite toppings.
- Stir with a spoon and eat straight from a bag! It is that easy and such a fun meal.
Topping ideas for walking frito chili pies:
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
- green onions
- black olives
- Try chili cheese corn chips for a yummy substitute from plain Fritos.
- Crock Pot – I love the programmable crock pot for when you are not at home and also to keep the chili warm for parties. If you aren’t using leftovers, you can make your taco meat ahead of time to allow time for other things. . Toss it in the crock pot with ¼ cup of water. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. The taco meat will be ready to enjoy at dinner.
- Ground turkey- Feel free to substitute ground turkey for ground beef. You can even mix both together. The ground turkey takes on the taste of the beef and no one ever can tell.
Print the recipe for Walking taco Frito chili pie:
Walking Taco Recipe with Fritos
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet until brown. Drain the excess grease.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, garlic salt, chili powder, cumin, pepper and beef broth.
- Heat uncovered for 3-5 minutes until the flavors are combined.
- Cut open the top of the Frito corn chips.
- Spoon the chili mixture into the bag and top with the shredded cheddar cheese Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe