This is such a delicious meal. Carne Asada Street Tacos are simple and easy. You are going to love how quickly these come together!
Carne Asada Street Tacos
We love tacos and this recipe does not disappoint. The beef is so tender and the lime gives it the best flavor. With just a few ingredients, this recipe takes little to no time to make.
Check out this video to see how to make this Easy Carne Asada Street Tacos recipe!
This recipe is so simple and quick to make that it’s the ideal meal for crazy days at work or school. If you are running from activities and more like we are, this meal is perfect.
Easy Carne Asada Tacos are perfect for busy days!
It can literally be thrown together in just minutes. We love it with this Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe.
However, we have just served it with tortilla chips and homemade salsa verde and it was equally tasty!
Sometimes for a treat, I will make this Mexican white cheese dip recipe! It is the best authentic white queso dip recipe you will find. The kids go crazy when I make this.
Carne Asada Tacos will be a hit with the entire family!
The meat just falls apart and is so tender. It’s packed with so much flavor.
You might also like Gluten free Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco Recipe. It’s a another yummy meal!
We love Mexcian food and Taco Tuesday is pretty common around here. It’s a meal I know that everyone will enjoy.
Let’s make Tacos de Carne Asada!
Ingredients for Carne Asada Tacos Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 lbs flank steak (or you can use skirt steak)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 fresh limes, plus extra for toppings (this is what i use to get all the lime juice out)
- a bundle of cilantro
- teaspoon of salt
- teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 stick of butter
- mini corn tortillas
How to make Carne Asada Tacos:
- Thinly slice the steak. Then chop into bite site pieces.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, begin to brown the steak in the oil. (you can also grill to medium heat if you prefer)
- Add half the onions to the skillet and cook until soft. Save the rest of the onions.
- Meanwhile season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice of two fresh limes over the meat and onion mixture.
- Continue cooking until the meat is cooked through.
- While the steak is cooking, melt the butter in another skillet or I used an electric skillet.
- Fry the mini corn tortillas in the melted butter for 1 minute until they are soft.
- Allow them to cool slightly.
- You will need 2 mini corn tortillas per taco.
- Spoon the meat mixture on the tortillas.
- Top with cilantro, fresh onions and serve with limes.Salt and pepper to taste.
We love to squeeze more limes over our tacos and serve with salsa verde.
You can purchase this but we have an amazing recipe for Homemade Salsa Verde here. It’s very simple to make and SO fresh and delicious.
I think these tacos are perfect with just a little extra lime and salsa. However, a few of the kids like to add sour cream and pico de gallo.
For a change, try orange juiced and olive oil. Whisk together with the lime juice and it’s delicious with the Carne asada taco.
Cotija cheese is a great cheese to top these delicious tacos with. Whichever way you like your Carne Asada Street tacos, they will be amazing!
We also love Mexican Corn on the Cob – Easy Mexican Street Corn. This is a must try if you like Mexican street food. Yum!
Print this Carne Asada Recipe below:
Try Carne Asada Street Tacos for a quick and tasty meal idea. Carne asada tacos are packed with flavor. Everyone will love this easy carne asada recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 lbs flank steak or you can use skirt steak
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 fresh limes plus extra for toppings (this is what i use to get all the lime juice out)
- 1 bundle of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 stick butter
- 16 mini corn tortillas
Thinly slice the steak. Then chop into bite site pieces.
In a skillet, begin to brown the steak in the oil.
Add half the onions to the skillet and cook until soft. Save the rest of the onions.
Meanwhile season with salt and pepper.
Squeeze the juice of two fresh limes over the meat and onion mixture.
Continue cooking until the meat is cooked through.
While the steak is cooking, melt the butter in another skillet or I used an electric skillet.
Fry the mini corn tortillas in the melted butter for 1 minute until they are soft.
Allow them to cool slightly.
You will need 2 mini corn tortillas per taco.
Spoon the meat mixture on the tortillas.
Top with cilantro, fresh onions and serve with limes.
Substitute the meat for any other favorite (chicken, hamburger meat, etc.) for another quick and easy dinner option.
Carne Asada Street tacos will be a family favorite!
I just know it! They are that good! Shrimp tacos are also an amazing substitute for the beef.
This is a great meal and one we make frequently. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Try it with Rice Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. The entire family will enjoy it.
Learn How to make refried beans in the crockpot. With very little effort, you will have refried beans that are so healthy and delicious.
There are tons of options for this delicious beef carnitas recipe that include tacos, burritos, salads and more!
Whether it is Mexican Monday or Taco Tuesday, our family is always up for one of these yummy dishes. You can’t go wrong with these.
We try to stick to budget friendly recipes that don’t take long to prepare. Everyone is happy and dinner time is a breeze.
It’s so nice to have easy recipes like this one and others to keep on the menu plan rotation. Take the stress out of dinner by trying some of these easy recipes.