Crock Pot Street Tacos will be a hit with your entire family. Learn how to make street tacos for an easy and delicious dinner idea perfect for busy weeknights.
Crock Pot Carne Asada Street Tacos Recipe:
We love tacos around here and Crockpot Carne Asada does not disappoint. Throw everything in the crock pot and have dinner ready and waiting when you get home.
They are so quick and easy. Plus, the meat is so tender and delicious. I love to squeeze extra lime juice on each taco.
It’s also good topped with a little Salsa Verde de Tomatillo. Yum!
Serve with Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe and you are set. Be prepared for one amazing meal.
What is Carne Asada?
Carne Asada is all about the marinade. Marinated flank steak takes flank steak to the next level. It is full of authentic Mexican flavor that from the delicious marinade and placed in the crock pot.
After cooking the marinated flank steak, it come out perfectly tender to be used in many ways. It is great for tacos, burritos, and our favorite burrito bowls.
Make it a taco night and fix these easy street tacos. Steak tacos make the best weeknight meal.
What cut of Beef is used for Carne Asada?
When we make Carne Asada we usually use Flank Steak or Skirt Steak. These two cuts of steaks are similar they do have their differences. Flank steak has a meaty taste but is leaner. Skirt Skate is more tender than flank steak.
On both of these steaks when you are ready to cut, be sure to cut against the grain.
What Spices are in Carne Asada?
The spices that make up the carne asada marinade are easy ingredients. You probably already have them in your pantry. The ingredients include chili powder, paprika and cumin.
Then topping the steak with olive oil, cilantro and lime juice really brings all the flavor together to make a crowd pleasing steak.
What does Street Tacos mean?
These are traditional Mexican tacos that are served on corn tortillas with meat. Toppings include cilantro, onion and salsa. They are smaller in size so that you can eat on the go.
You won’t find any lettuce, tomato or cheese on traditional Mexican style tacos. However, you can certainly use what you prefer on yours.
Carne Asada Crock Pot Ingredients:
- Olive Oil
- Flank Steak
- White Onion, diced
- Minced Garlic
- Chili Powder
- Beef Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Mini Corn Tortilla
How to make Crock pot Carne Asada Street Tacos:
- Add Meat to Crock Pot – Place the steak in the crock pot. Rub the olive oil over the steak.
- Mix Together Dry Ingredients – Then mix together the garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cumin together in a small bowl. Rub this mixture over the steak.
- Make the Broth – Then top with the lime juice, chopped cilantro and diced onions. Pour the beef broth around the steak in the crock pot.
- Cook Meat – Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred Beef – After the cook time, shred the beef and top with the remaining lime juice.
- Heat Tortillas – Then melt the butter in a large skillet or on a griddle. Fry the mini corn tortillas in the melted butter for 1 minutes or until the tortillas are soft.
- Make Tacos – Allow them to cool slightly. Then top the mini tortillas with the beef and your favorite taco toppings.
Toppings for Carne Asada Tacos:
There are many toppings that you can use for your street tacos. These are our favorites:
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Avocado
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Squeezed Lime
What is a good Tortilla to use?
We prefer the corn tortilla, but you can definitely use flour tortilla’s. Just make sure they are the smaller version tortilla’s. You can usually find them at your local grocery store.
If you are on a gluten free diet, corn tortilla’s are gluten free so this recipe would fit perfectly in your diet.
Tips for the best Carne Asada Tacos:
- Frying the Tortillas – Don’t skip the step where you fry the corn tortillas. It really adds to the recipe and the butter corn tortillas are worth the extra step.
- Marinade – If you prefer, you can mix the marinade ingredients before hand so that they flavor combine thoroughly together.
- Let Meat Rest – Once it is done cooking, let meat rest before shredding.
- Change the Meat – This recipes works with other meat such as chicken or chuck roast.
- Use 2 Corn Tortillas – The flank steak may come out juicy when you are trying to serve it. We usually wrap the meat with 2 corn tortillas to easily eat the street tacos.
How long does it take to Cook Slow Cooker Carne Asada?
Flank steak has a tendency to have some toughness to it. We prefer when making this recipe to cooking the meat on low for 6 to 8 hours.
What to serve with Carne Asada
- Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Refried Beans Recipe
- Find more 21 Easy Carne Asada Sides.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place the meat inside an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep up to 4 days if stored properly.
We enjoy turning leftovers into additional meals. I often make extra just for this purpose. It really helps during busy weeks.
It even makes a great lunch the next day. Place the meat with some rice and vegetables in individual container for a quick lunch.
Print this Slow Cooker Street Tacos recipe below:
Crock pot Carne Asada Street Tacos
- 1 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 lbs flank steak
- 1/2 white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 bundle cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 fresh limes (juiced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 24 mini corn tortillas
- Then mix together the garlic, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cumin together in a small bowl. Rub this mixture over the steak.
- Then top with the lime juice from 1 of the limes, chopped cilantro and diced onions. Pour the beef broth around the steak in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- After the cook time, shred the beef and top with the remaining lime juice from the other lime.
- Then melt the butter in a large skillet or on a griddle. Fry the mini corn tortillas in the melted butter for 1 minutes or until the tortillas are soft.
- Allow them to cool slightly. Then top the mini tortillas with the beef and your favorite taco toppings. I use 2 mini corn tortillas per taco.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Where does the 2 aT of vegetable oil go?
Donna – That is a typo. It’s not needed for this recipe. I have updated the post. Thank you!
If I’m only making a pound of steak, do I keep the same amount of liquids or cut the liquid ingredients by 1/3?
I think the same amount of liquid would be fine to use with this amount of steak. Thanks!
For the servings & calories- are you saying it is 244 cals for 2 tacos? or 1?
These amounts are for 1 taco. Thank you!
My family loves these even without sides!
Our fam loves street taco flair on weekdays, it’s simple and oh sotasty. We lovlove this recipe with the cilantro taste is just like the ones from the food trucks. This is a fun and yet not expensive way to twist the taco night at your house. Yum!
Made this several times.it is the best and taste great.it is a family favorite
Do you sear the steak first?
You do not have to, but you can. I have done it both ways.
Can you use chicken broth in place of beef broth?
Could you let the meat sit in the spice mixture overnight?
Yes you can marinade it in the fridge overnight.
Yes you can.
Does the steak have to be defrosted first
I prefer for it to be defrosted first.
I was super excited to make these, I followed the recipe exactly and cooked on low. They were very tender but there was absolutely no flavor what so ever. Disappointed because they took all day and just tasted like plain meat