Instant Pot Street Tacos will impress the entire family with all the amazing flavor and tender beef. This recipe is so simple to make and the perfect meal idea for busy nights.
Instant Pot Street Tacos
We love tacos and it is something the entire family enjoys to eat. That’s rare around here to have something that everyone likes.
Check out this video to see how easy it is to make Instant Pot Street Tacos!
These Instant Pot Steak Tacos are awesome and perfect for Taco Tuesday. Everything gets tossed into the instant pot for a really quick and easy meal.
They are so quick and easy. Plus, the meat is so tender that it falls apart.
In less than 20 minutes, your family can enjoy an authentic Mexican meal even during busy weeknights. It is a popular choice in our home for Mexican Monday.
What are street tacos?
These are traditional Mexican tacos that are served on corn tortillas with meat. Toppings include cilantro, onion and salsa.
You won’t find any lettuce, tomato or cheese on traditional Mexican style tacos. However, you can certainly use what you prefer on yours.
Let’s make pressure cooker street tacos.
Your family is going to be so glad you made these. They will ask for these over and over.
The pressure cooked meat is so tender that you will think it was slow cooked.
- Flank steak: You can also use skirt steak. Brisket is another option but it is more expensive. Chicken and pork can also be used for street tacos.
- White onion: Substitute red onion if you prefer. Both are good in street tacos.
- Fresh limes: We like extra for topping. Try this squeezer for to easily get all of the juice out.
- Beef stock: This gives the meat a rich flavor.
- salt and pepper
- mini corn tortillas- Flour tortillas can be used but corn is more authentic.
How to make instant pot street tacos
First, thinly slice the steak and then chop into bite site pieces.
Once the steak has been chopped, go ahead and put in the Instant pot.
Place half the onions in the pot on top of the steak. Set the remaining onions aside for later.
Sprinkle the salt and pepper. Next, add the beef stock and pour over the meat.
Finally, squeeze the juice of two fresh limes over the meat and onion mixture.
Now, just lock the lid on and set the valve to sealing. The pressure needs to be set to high pressure for 15 minutes cooking time and then do a natural release.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet while the steak is cooking. Start frying the mini corn tortillas in the butter until they are soft.
This usually takes about 1 minute. Let them cool slightly before using.
Keep in mind that you will need 2 mini corn tortillas per taco.
The last step is to do a quick release once the pressure is up. Stir and spoon the meat mixture on the tortillas.
Jump to recipe below. It is very simple.
- sour cream
- red onion
- lime juice
- cheddar cheese or cotija cheese
- Salsa Verde de Tomatillo
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe – This is very simple and goes well with these tacos.
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Black Beans– These are easy to make and go well with rice.
How to store leftovers:
Place the meat inside an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep up to 4 days if stored properly.
We enjoy turning leftovers into additional meals. I often make extra just for this purpose. It really helps during busy weeks.
What to do with leftovers:
- Burrito Bowls- Layer with leftover steak, rice and beans. Add your favorite toppings.
- Quesadillas -Add steak and cheese for quick quesadillas.
- Taco salad- Load a taco salad shell with meat, cheese, lettuce and beans.
- Salad- If you are trying to reduce carbs, make your favorite salad and add steak to it.
- Nachos- Our family loves when I serve a nacho bar. Use leftover beef and all of your favorite toppings.
- Lettuce wraps- This is fun and simple. It is also great for lunch during the week.
Tips for instant pot steak tacos:
- Skirt or flank steak can be used interchangeably in this recipe. Just use what is on sale. I would not use a roast in this recipe because it will result in shredded beef.
- Street tacos use 2 corn tortillas because they are typically juicy tacos. This usually does the trick but if you find them too messy, drain some of the juice in the instant pot.
- If you prefer the slow cooker, try Crock Pot Street Tacos. This recipe is perfect if you will be away all day. I often choose the cooking method based on what my schedule looks like.
- The meat can be browned prior to cooking. Use the saute setting and a little olive oil if you want to sear it first. This is optional and based on preference.
- Other flavor ideas- soy sauce and chili powder add a different flavor.
Print Instant Pot Flank Steak Tacos recipe:
Instant Pot Street Tacos Recipe will impress the entire family with all the amazing flavor and tender beef. This recipe is so simple to make and the perfect meal idea for busy nights.
The instant pot makes this recipe so quick that dinner can be thrown together in minutes.
- 3 lbs flank steak or you can use skirt steak
- 1 white onion chopped (I keep chopped onion in the freezer)
- 2 fresh limes plus extra for toppings (this is what i use to get all the lime juice out)
- 1 1/2 cups of beef stock
- a bundle of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 Teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 stick of butter
- mini corn tortillas
Thinly slice the steak. Then chop into bite site pieces.
Place the steak in the Instant pot.
Add half the onions to the pot. Save the rest of the onions in a small bowl.
Meanwhile season with salt and pepper.
Pour the beef stock over the beef.
Squeeze the juice of two fresh limes over the meat and onion mixture. (this is what i use to get all the lime juice out)
Lock the lead on and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
Set the pressure to high pressure for 15 minutes.
While the steak is cooking, melt the butter in another skillet or I used an electric skillet.
Fry the mini corn tortillas in the melted butter for 1 minute until they are soft.
Allow them to cool slightly.
You will need 2 mini corn tortillas per taco.
Once the pressure is up do a quick release, and stir.
Spoon the meat mixture on the tortillas.
Top with cilantro, fresh onions and serve with limes.