Rice is such a tasty and inexpensive side dish. Jazz it up quickly and easily to make this tasty Instant Pot Cilantro lime rice recipe. It is the perfect side dish to your favorite Mexican Dishes.
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe:
We love rice and it’s so inexpensive to make! You can season it so many different ways. It’s just the best side dish! We love getting cilantro lime rice at our local Mexican restaurant so I knew I had to make it at home.
Making rice takes very little time to make and it’s very filling! Using the Instant Pot makes the rice come out so fluffy and perfect every time. Adding in the cilantro and lime makes the rice so flavorful and the perfect side dish to our favorite Mexican dinners.
Using the instant pot has been a game changer for my family. It saves me so much time. I have been using it to make my frozen prepped meals but I have started using it more for some amazing side dishes.
The best side dish!
Cilantro Lime Rice Instant Pot Recipe is the best side dish. Serving plain rice is okay for some meals, but we like to jazz up plain rice with cilantro and lime. It is become a must for my family when I am serving taco meat.
You can eat cilantro rice by itself or it is great as a base for your burrito bowls or wrapped in a burrito. Since it is so easy to make in my instant pot, I always prepare a batch.
If you need a budget friendly side dish, add this to your meal plan this week.
- Long Grain White Rice
- Garlic Salt
- Cilantro (See How to Cut Cilantro)
How to make Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice:
- Prepare your Instant Pot – In an Instant pot, pour in the rice, water, and garlic rice.
- Combine – Stir to combine.
- Close the Instant Pot – Place the lid on top and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Prepare to Cook – Press the rice button. If you do not have a rice button click the manual button and set the time for 5 minutes. Cook on high pressure. Cook time could vary.
- When Finish Cooking – Once finished, do the quick release.
- Add the Lime and Cilantro – Squeeze the fresh lime juice over it. Add in the fresh chopped cilantro.
- Stir and Enjoy – Stir to combine and serve.
Tips for the best Cilantro Lime Rice:
- Squeeze your limes – It’s totally optional but I use this to squeeze my limes. It makes it so easy and we use it for lots of recipes. It is a must have at my house.
- Freeze Rice – Did you know you can freeze rice? It’s very simple. Learn how to freeze rice and you can take it out of the freezer for a quick side dish.
- Type of Rice – For this recipe, we use long grains rice. We like that after cooking long grain white rice it turns out light and fluffy. Basmati Rice is the kind I like using. Jasmine rice is a good alternative.
- Brown Rice Option – If you prefer brown rice, try that instead of white rice. You will just need to set it for 22 minutes
- Cooking Rice – When preparing to cook the rice, you want to same # of cups of water to the amount of rice you are wanting to cook. So if you want 3 cups of rice, use 3 cups of water.
- Fresh Cilantro – It is best to use fresh cilantro. Use the dried cilantro is tasteless and will not work in this recipe.
- Fresh Lime – For the best lime taste, use fresh squeezed lime. I like adding lime zest to my rice.
- Rinse the Rice – We rinse the rice before cooking. We the water that runs through is clear before cooking.
Everyone Loves Rice!
You can serve it along side tacos or we like to use it for burrito bowls. Top with meat and your favorite toppings. Let your family choose what they like and you have burrito bowls!
It’s also a great way to stretch the meat and feed a crowd. This is also really great for parties. You can’t go wrong with rice because it is a easy recipe and inexpensive.
We love having our friends over for the big game or just to hang out. Mexican food is usually served, so I can easily make this Cilantro Lime Rice.
What to serve with Cilantro Lime Rice:
Cilantro Lime Rice is a great side to any of your Mexican Dish. We have even added it to our Asian recipes or Grilled Meat recipes. My family loves to have rice as a side or some type of potato so this side is on rotation a lot.
- Serve it with your favorite chicken fajita’s
- Make a Burrito Rice Bowl
- Chicken or Beef Tacos
More Instant Pot Side Dish Recipes:
If you love using your Instant Pot as much as we do. Try these other instant pot side dishes. You can take meals that you have prepped straight from your freezer to the instant pot.
How to store leftovers:
I really like to meal prep for the week. It saves me so much time and money. This cilantro lime rice is perfect make ahead of time. My husband and I prepare our individual containers and fill each one up with cilantro rice, a protein and a vegetable.
It saves the hassle in the morning trying to figure out what to take for lunch. The lunch is already prepared and he can just grab and go. My kids love it when we have a container leftover.
How to reheat:
This rice is easy to reheat. I make sure to store in an airtight, microwave safe dish. This way it is easy to reheat in the microwave. You can also reheat in a sauce pan if you prefer.
I usually squeeze a fresh lime over top to give it that fresh flavor that I love. This rice heats up well and it is always great leftover. Actually we like it better the next day.
Print this Instant pot Cilantro lime rice recipe below:
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- 3 cups dry long grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- In an Instant pot, pour in the rice and water.
- Stir to combine. Place the lid on top and make sure the valve is set to sealing position.
- Press the rice button. If you do not have a rice button click the manual button and set the time for 3 minutes.
- After the cook time, allow the pressure to release from the Instant pot naturally for 20-25 minutes (do not move the value on the lid to the vent position until after that time).
- Then season the rice with the garlic salt. Squeeze the fresh lime juice over it and stir in the fresh cilantro.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe