This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Crock pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco recipe has become one of our favorite Taco Tuesday meals and I’m certain you will love this recipe, too! Crock pot Mexican shredded beef tacos are loaded with flavor and they’re incredibly easy to make!
You are going to love these easy Crock pot Mexican Shredded Beef Tacos. Make sure you try any of our 53 Best Mexican Crock Pot Recipes.
Now even if you are able to eat gluten I promise you are still going to love this easy crockpot recipe. It takes 5 minutes to toss in the crockpot and you let it slow cook all day. You come home to a house filled with the most amazing smell. Add some toppings, serve it on your favorite tortillas and dinner is done!
What to do with shredded meat?
There is so much freedom with this Mexican shredded beef tacos crock pot recipe! You don’t actually have to turn these into tacos all of the time. That is the best part!
You can serve this gluten-free slow cooker Mexican shredded beef taco recipe as burritos. Or, you can serve it on nachos, make beef enchiladas, or make quesadillas out of them.
You could even use the shredded beef on top of a plate of salad greens! The possibilities are endless!
In fact, we like to cook this once but double the recipe ingredients. We eat shredded beef tacos for dinner that night and then we save the leftovers and use them for quesadillas or enchiladas for an easy dinner later on in the week.
I love it when I can cook once but eat twice!
What to Serve with Crock pot Mexican Shredded Beef Tacos?
Figuring out the side dishes to a meal always seems to be the hard part of dinner. I always tend to overthink it!
We tend to load ours up with diced tomatoes and sometimes lettuce, so I usually don’t serve an additional veggie, though a salad would also be delicious!
Ingredients for Mexican Shredded Beef Tacos:
- Beef Chuck Roast
- Diced green chiles
- Minced garlic
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Black pepper
- Tortillas and Toppings
How to make Gluten Free Crock pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco Recipe:
- Place the roast in the crockpot (I used a 6-quart programmable crockpot). If you want to sear your roast, you can do that first by place the roast in skillet over medium-high heat. Turn the roast to sear each side. This won’t affect the cooking time, it just adds some additional flavor.
- In a small bowl combine the green chilies, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture over the roast in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Shred the beef. Squeeze on fresh lime juice over the beef and stir to combine.
- Serve on tortillas, on nachos, or with a side of Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe.
- Make sure you top with your favorite toppings like limes, tomatoes, salsa verde, onions, and cheese.
Print the Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe below:
Gluten Free Crock pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco Recipe
- Place the roast in a 6 quart crock pot.
- In a small bowl combine the green chilis, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture over the roast in the crock pot.
- Place the lid on top and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Shred the beef. Squeeze the fresh lime over the beef and stir to combine.
- Serve on tortillas, on nachos, or over rice. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Can I make Shredded Beef Tacos in the Instant Pot?
If you’re looking to get dinner done even faster, you can use this same recipe to make Mexican shredded beef tacos in the instant pot. The only difference is that you need to add 1 cup beef broth. Cook on high pressure for 70 minutes and let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then manually release.
Try these other easy taco recipes:
- Crockpot Beef Tacos
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Crock Pot Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada casserole
- Chipotle Steak Tacos
- 5 Minute Baja Shrimp Tacos
- Easy Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Ground Chicken Tacos
- Healthy Chicken Taco Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Quick and Easy Walking Tacos