This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Queso Fundido Con Chorizo is a cheesy, melty dip that is loaded with flavor. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips for the ultimate party dip.
Easy Queso Fundido con Chorizo Recipe:
This queso fundido is a delicious that is made with fresh chorizo. Melting two different types of cheeses makes this the ultimate party dip.
Serve this queso dip with your favorite tortilla chips and flour tortillas, that is always a crowd favorite. This cheese dip is made perfectly in your cast iron skillet and baked for a melty cheese dip.
You only need a few simple ingredientes to make this dish. Feel free to change the cheese to what you prefer or can find. We love to serve this queso dip for Taco Tuesday or as an appetizer at a game day party.
What is Queso Fundido?
Queso Fundido means melted cheese. It is served at many Mexican restaurants and it is the ultimate cheese dip. This cheese dip usually consists of cheese, chorizo which is a smoky pork sausage, and green chiles.
We love to eat queso fundido for an appetizer or anytime we have Mexican food.
- Mexican Chorizo (casings removed)
- Chopped Green Chilis (8 ounces)
- Monterey Jack Cheese (freshly grated)
- Mozzarella Cheese (freshly grated)
- Pico de Gallo
How to Make Queso Fundido con Chorizo:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Brown the Chorizo – Brown the chorizo in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Breaking it up as it cooks, until the chorizo is browned.
- Step 3 – Drain the Chorizo – Drain off any excess grease. Reserve about a ⅓ cup of the chorizo for the topping.
- Step 4 – Add Green Chilis – Stir in the green chilis.
- Step 5 – Add the Cheeses – Then place the grated cheeses on top of the chorizo in the pan. Then cover the chorizo with the cheese.
- Step 6 – Bake Dip – Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling (be careful not to over cook).
- Step 7 – Top with Chorizo – Remove from the skillet and top with the reserved chorizo and pico de Gallo.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve warm with chips and enjoy!
What Cheeses are in Queso Fundido?
There are many different types of cheeses that you can used to make Queso Fundido. If you have a hard time finding these exact option, you can definitely substitute them.
- Monterey Jack
- Oaxaca Cheese
- Asadero Cheese
- Chihuahua Cheeses
What to Serve with Chorizo Queso Fundido?
We love making this Queso Fundido for our friends and family for game day. These fun dippers make this dip even better. Here are some of our favorites.
- Tortilla Chips – There are many tortilla chips options. Choose chips that meet your dietary restrictions.
- Corn Tortillas – We love to top a tortilla with this delicious dip. Corn tortillas are also great for dipping.
- Flour Tortillas – Warm tortillas is a great dipping option.
- Spanish Rice – Serve the rice with queso on top.
- Guacamole – You can even top the queso with guacamole if everyone likes it.
- Raw Vegetables – Bell peppers, carrots or broccoli is a delicious low carb option.
- Add-Ins – Feel free to add in green onions and garlic to this queso dip. You can also add in poblano peppers for added flavor. Another option is fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Change the Cheese – You can change the cheeses to what you can find at your grocery store. Some grocery stores have a cheese counter that has all different types of cheeses.
- Cilantro – Before serving, we like to sprinkle fresh cilantro on top with pico de gallo. It adds so much flavor and is so delicious.
- Seasoning – You can easily substitutes the seasoning to what you prefer. We have even red pepper flakes for added spice.
- Baking Dish – We do recommend making this queso in a cast iron skillet. But you can also make in a baking dish.
- Sausage – This queso fundido can easily be made with breakfast sausage or pork sausage. This is a great substitute for the chorizo.
Recipe Tips for Queso Fundido Chorizo:
- Cook Chorizo – Cook the chorizo with the casing off in a skillet over medium heat. Make sure to drain the grease after cooking. You can place the chorizo on a paper towel lined plane to remove any excessive grease.
- Melting Cheese – Make sure to use a oven safe skillet to melt the cheese in the oven. This creates the best dip when melting the cheese in the oven.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week. We have even froze the leftover queso in a freezer safe container. It will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Leftover Queso Fundido:
Queso Fundido can easily be reheated whether it is frozen or just refrigerated. If you are reheating the queso fundido from frozen, make sure to allow the queso to thaw before reheating. We place in the fridge overnight to thaw.
When thawed, you can reheat in the skillet or in the oven to enjoy the leftovers. When reheating continue to stir the queso to thicken up.
If it is to thin, you may need to add in milk or heavy cream to thin out the consistency.
Print Recipe for Queso Fundido Con Chorizo:
Queso Fundido con Chorizo
- 9 ounces Mexican Chorizo casings removed
- 1 can Chopped Green Chilis 8 ounces
- 1 pound Monterey Jack Cheese freshly grated
- 1 pound Mozzarella Cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the chorizo in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, breaking it up as it cooks, until the chorizo is browned.
- Drain off any excess grease. Reserve about a ⅓ cup of the chorizo for the topping.
- Stir in the green chilis.
- Then place the grated cheeses on top of the chorizo in the pan and cover the chorizo with the cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling (be careful not to over cook).
- Remove from the skillet and top with the reserved chorizo and pico de Gallo.
- Serve warm with chips and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Queso Dip Recipes:
- Copycat Qdoba Queso Recipe
- The Best Crock Pot White Cheese Dip Recipe
- Best Mexican White Cheese Dip Recipe