This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for a high protein queso, make Cottage Cheese Queso. It delicious served with crackers, chips and raw vegetables.
Easy Cottage Cheese Queso Recipe:
You have probably seen the latest queso that is made with cottage cheese. This is loaded with flavor and taste amazing. It is high in protein and made with simple ingredients.
If you are looking for a nutrition queso, make this cottage cheese queso. It is an easy dip recipe that has a creamy texture and perfect for dipping your favorite tortilla chips.
We love chips and queso but this is a healthy queso dip that is just as delicious. Make this creamy consistency queso dip to serve at your next game day party. I bet no one will be able to tell the difference.
Why Cottage Cheese Queso?
Cottage cheese is packed with flavor, protein and calcium. It is a healthier option to other cheese and when blended makes a delicious queso.
This cottage cheese queso has now become a family favorite after school snack. You will love the creamy texture and how delicious it taste.
- Full Fat Cottage cheese
- Diced Green Chilis
- Minced Garlic
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
How to Make Queso with Cottage Cheese:
- Step 1 – Blend Ingredients – In a blender blend together all the ingredients.
- Step 2 – Serve Serve cold or heat up in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Or heat up on the stove and Serve with chips or vegetables.
What to Serve with Cottage Cheese Queso:
This viral Tiktok recipes can be served with a variety of things. Here are some of our favorite options to serve with blended cottage cheese dip.
- Raw Veggies
- Tortilla Chips
- Slice French Bread
Cottage Cheese Queso Dip Recipe Tips:
- Blending Ingredients – We blended the ingredients in a blender, but you can use a food processor as well. A immersion blender gives the queso a smooth and creamy texture.
- Serving – Once you have blended the ingredients, you can serve hot or cold. I like to heat in a microwave-safe bowl and serve with our favorite dippers. Make sure to stir the ingredients before serving.
- Cottage Cheese – We used full fat cottage cheese but feel free to use low-fat cottage cheese. It may change the taste, but it will still be delicious.
- Shredded Cheese – We added shredded cheese in this recipe. Make sure to shred the cheese yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has additional ingredients that are not necessary for this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt – Instead of using cottage cheese, use Greek yogurt for a delicious variation.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – Feel free to use different types of cheese to mix with cottage cheese. Pepper Jack cheese is a great option as well as Colby Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Hot Sauce – Hot sauce is a great addition to this recipe. We have even added in diced tomatoes, salsa or a can of Rotel.
- Seasoning – For added flavor add in a tablespoon of taco seasoning. We have even seasoned it with paprika, chili powder, onion powder or fajita seasoning.
- Serving – Serve the queso topped with with slice jalapeño.
How to Store Leftovers:
This cottage cheese queso is easy to store in the fridge. Place in an air tight container for up to 4 days. Reheat the cheese sauce in a bowl for a dish snack dish or appetizer.
Easy Queso with Cottage Cheese:
If you have seen all of over social media that recipes that everyone is making with cottage cheese. Then you are in for a real treat with this queso recipe.
It is so delicious and you only need a few ingredients. If you are looking for a healthier alternative to your queso recipe, make this one.
Print Recipe for Cottage Cheese Queso:
Cottage Cheese Queso
- In a blender blend together all the ingredients.
- Serve cold or heat up in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Or heat up on the stove.
- Serve with chips.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe