Starbucks Egg Bites are one of my favorites breakfast items when I am there for coffee. Now I can make at home with this copycat recipe.
Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe:
If you are like me, you probably enjoy a latte at Starbucks and their egg bites when you are in a rush. I am sure you find that these eggs bites are so delicious and easy to eat while you are driving to work.
I love creating copycat Starbucks recipes for our favorite meu items. These egg bites and Starbucks Egg White Bites were easy to recreate with simple ingredients. The egg bites cook perfectly in a muffin pan and they taste even better.
Now I can make these conveniently at home and it saves me time and money. They are even loved by my kids too. I like to meal prep for the week with these egg bites and add in other ingredients to add flavor.
Easy Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites:
Making these Bacon & Gruyère egg bites have been a game changer for my family. The recipe indicates simple ingredients but we always add in our favorite vegetables or different type of cheese’s.
The bacon and gruyere that are added to the egg bites really gives it so much flavor. These egg bites become an instant breakfast without a lot of work.
Making my coffee at home and grabbing one of these egg bites as I head out the door, saves me time and money.
- Large Eggs
- Bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- Cottage Cheese
- Shredded Gruyere Cheese
How to Make Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe:
- Prepare oven and muffin pan – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin generously with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine Ingredients – Combine the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper together in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add in Cheese – Then pour into a bowl and stir in the shredded gruyere cheese.
- Add to Muffin Pan – Pour this mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Fill each tin approximately 2/3 of the way full as the eggs will rise as they cook.
- Add Bacon – Top each egg bite with the chopped bacon and gently press them down with a spoon so they are in the egg mixture and not just on top.
- Bake Egg Bites – Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the pan from the oven and let the egg bites rest for 5-10 minutes. Gently remove the egg bites from the pan with a spoon and then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Sous Vide Egg Bites:
The egg bites that Starbucks make are referred to as Sous Vide Egg Bites which is a French Technique that vacuum-seals food and then cook in a water bath to a precise temperature. This creates a silky and custard like texture that makes Starbucks Version Egg Bites different.
But if you have been following me for awhile, you know that I like to keep things simple. There is no need for a sous vide machine when you can use a muffin pan to make the egg bites. They also taste even better.
We have simplified the Starbucks Egg Bites recipe so that you can easily make them at home without any fancy equipment.
Egg Bites Variations:
We love this simple recipe but we also love that we can change it to what we have on hand.
- Change the Meat – Use crumbled sausage instead of bacon. Or try both for meat lovers. You can also use diced up ham.
- Omit the Meat – If you don’t have any meat, a meat free option turned out great.
- Add in Vegetables – Add diced onion, red pepper, green pepper, green onion, mushroom, spinach and more. We like adding any chopped up vegetables that we have on hand.
- Change the Cheese – Cheddar, mozzarella, colby and pepperjack make great options.
- Egg White – You can also make these with just egg whites to lower the calorie.
- Top with Hot Sauce – We love to drizzle the egg bites with hot sauce or ketchup.
Can you Make Ahead?
These are the perfect breakfast to make ahead. If you are planning your meals for the week, add these egg bites to the list. The ingredients are simple and you can definitely change them to what you have on hand.
The store in the refrigerator easily or you can freeze them too.
Can I use a Regular Size Muffin Pan?
Yes, we used the regular size muffin pan when we made the copycat egg bites. Make sure you grease the pan for ease of removing them. But you can also use a silicone muffin to be able to poo the egg bites out.
How to Freeze:
These are perfect to freeze and enjoy for a quick breakfast. Just place in a freeze bag for later. When ready to eat, I suggest letting them thaw over night in the fridge and then reheating in the microwave for a really quick breakfast option.
When you are ready to freeze, cool egg bites to room temperature. I like to place them in a freezer bag or freezer container to be able to enjoy later. Once you are ready to serve, they taste just you made them that day.
You can even make these to take while traveling. They are great for vacation and more.
How to Reheat:
Reheat the leftovers in the microwave for 50-60 seconds. No need to thaw them out before reheating. Remove the amount you are going to eat or serve and place them on a microwave safe plate.
Heat for about a minute and your breakfast is done.
How to Store:
Refrigerate any leftover egg bites in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We love this great recipe. They cook perfectly in the muffin cups and work great in the refrigerator.
How else can you cook Starbuck Egg Bites?
If you have an instant pot, it should have come with with muffin mold to use in the instant pot. It is an easy to make them and they come out perfect flavored every time.
Easy to Make Starbucks Egg Bites:
We love this easy copycat Starbucks egg bites. The ingredients are simple and I like to change the recipe to what I have on hand. I have even added in some spinach and they turned out amazing.
These are the perfect the breakfast as you are heading out the door to serve to guest. Make these for you holiday guest if you are serving brunch or make them for your next baby shower.
These bites are healthy and are loaded with protein.
Print Recipe here Starbucks Egg Bites:
Starbucks Egg Bites
- 6 Large Eggs
- 4 slices Bacon cooked and finely chopped
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin generously with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper together in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Then pour into a bowl and stir in the shredded gruyere cheese.
- Pour this mixture evenly into the muffin tins. Fill each tin approximately 2/3 of the way full as the eggs will rise as they cook.
- Top each egg bite with the chopped bacon and gently press them down with a spoon so they are in the egg mixture and not just on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the egg bites rest for 5-10 minutes. Gently remove the egg bites from the pan with a spoon and then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Copycat Starbucks Recipes:
- Easy Starbucks Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino Recipe
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe