I’m excited to share with you these quick and easy blueberry muffins. You only need one bowl so you know it’s really simple.
You are going to love how simple it is to make blueberry muffins even during the week. It is so easy to throw together for a fun breakfast idea. You are going to love this blueberry muffin recipe.
It is fancy enough for a brunch or Sunday morning breakfast, but easy enough you can throw together before work on a weekday morning. They are wonderful by themselves but you could also serve them with a side of bacon or sausage. Everyone will think they are the best blueberry muffins recipe ever!
You may want to make extra because I think the entire family will love this blueberry muffin recipe. If you like these muffins, try Moist Banana Bread Recipe.
The Best blueberry muffin recipe!
I have tried and tried to make a good blueberry muffin recipe and I think we finally figured it out. My kids call this the best blueberry muffin recipe and I agree.
They are so moist and delicious. You will love these easy blueberry muffins..
They are perfect to make a double batch by doubling the recipe on the weekend and have for quick breakfasts during the week. These are easy blueberry muffins that everyone will come back for more!
This blueberry muffin recipe turns out beautiful! The bright color of the fresh blueberries are gorgeous and yet another reason this is the best blueberry muffin recipe!
Can I use frozen blueberries for muffins?
Yes, you can. I actually prefer to use frozen blueberries because they do not fall apart when you mix them in.
How do you add blueberries to muffins?
I like to freeze my blueberries first so they don’t fall apart when I mix them. You can just buy frozen if you want too and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
Let’s get started with these Easy Blueberry Muffins!
Ingredients you need:
(Makes 12 regular size muffins)
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract – You can use almond extract if you prefer.
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 400º F (Makes 12 regular size muffins)
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Use a measuring cup (I use a glass measuring cup) that holds at least 1 cup and add vegetable oil, add the egg and then fill the cup to the 1-cup line with milk (about ⅓ to a ½ cup of milk).
- Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with all purpose flour and sugar (the dry ingredients) then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be pretty thick).
- Add blueberries (I like to freeze my blueberries first so they don’t fall apart when I mix them. You can just buy frozen if you want too) and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about ½ full using your ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle a little granulated sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick insert comes out clean.
What pan is needed for blueberry muffins?
You can certainly use what you have on hand but I have found a good pan is the start to a good recipe. I have the Rachael Ray muffin pans here. There are several other options of muffin pans and many are on sale!
Another idea is to use a mini-muffin pan. Mini muffins are fun to eat and another tasty option for breakfast or brunch.
Keep in mind the smaller size will take less time to cook and the total cooking time will need to be adjusted. They are faster to cook and easier to eat.
I love my Wilton mini muffin tins, but for just a few dollars more you can get a silicone pan. These are great because the mini muffins just pop out so much easier.
How to freeze blueberry muffins:
This recipe freezes great! I suggest that you bake them as directed. Allow them to cool and then place them in a freezer bag to freeze.
These will stay good for up to 6 months but they never last that long in my house. You can then pull just one or 2 out if you want and reheat them in the microwave for a delicious and easy breakfast idea.
This is a great recipe to freeze if you have guests coming. You can have homemade muffins to serve.
We also like to freeze the muffins and take them when we are traveling. They are perfect for road trips, vacation and more.
The savings adds up and they are so easy to make and freeze. You will love having them on hand for quick meals.
It is so easy to double or even triple this recipe to make some specifically for the freezer. We do this all the time and having great food in the freezer helps to keep our expenses down.
We are less tempted to grab meals and snacks on the go if we have such easy and delicious food in the freezer. This is the perfect grab and go idea!
How to store blueberry muffins:
You can put the blueberry muffins in an air tight container or a resealable bag. Either will work fine.
Money saving tip:
Buy blueberries when they are in season. Blueberries will be their tastiest and their cheapest around August.
Buy them at their lowest price and then freeze them to save money. Then use those frozen blueberries to make this easy blueberry muffin recipe.
Use a cookie scoop to make blueberry muffins recipe from scratch.
I highly recommend using a cookie scoop to fill the muffin tins.
You will thank me later because it saves so much time with this recipe and many others on filling the muffin tins. Plus, they are not expensive.
I bought the three pack, so I can use the smaller two for cookies or meatballs and then the bigger one to fill up these muffins and cupcakes. They will get lots of use and you will be glad you bought them.
We really use these frequently for so many recipes. You will be so glad you went ahead and ordered a set!
You are going to love these Easy Blueberry Muffins!
After a lot of trial and error I was so happy to finally get it right! This is truly the best blueberry muffin recipe. It’s absolutely delicious and has just the right amount of blueberries. You can also add sour cream for a change and to get a little bit different flavor.
It’s also economical because when I find a good sale, I buy in bulk and freeze them. That makes whipping up a batch quick and easy.
Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable.
This great recipe has a ton of flavor and it is sure to be a hit with the entire family.
I typically always have the ingredients on hand and can make and bake these muffins in under 30 minutes.
I can’t wait for you to try this blueberry muffin recipe. Let us know what you think. I hope you will love them as much as we do as blueberry muffins healthy and delicious.
Print this easy Blueberry Muffin Recipe below:
homemade blueberry muffin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups (all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – ½ cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries about 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,
- Use a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup and add vegetable oil, egg and then fill the cup to the 1-cup line with milk (about ⅓ to a ½ cup of milk).
- Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be pretty thick).
- Add blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about ½ full.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe