If you need a quick breakfast option for busy mornings, try oatmeal applesauce muffins recipe. They are moist and delicious while being easy and budget friendly.
Oatmeal applesauce muffins recipe
I have another delicious muffin recipe for you to try! If you loved our Double Chocolate muffins, then you will love this recipe.
These Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins are not too heavy for the morning, but they are full of flavor and have just the right amount of sweetness.
Check out this video to learn how to make oatmeal applesauce muffins.
Our entire family loves them and the kids go crazy over them. You are going to love them too!
Applesauce oatmeal muffins are so easy to make!
Do you want to know what’s even better? You probably have all of the ingredients you need sitting in your pantry (and fridge).
Try these Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins and I am confident you will love that. Take them to work or school and people may be impressed by your baking prowess! 😉
No one will guess how easy and simple they are to make. We won’t tell. 🙂
We also love to make this easy homemade crockpot applesauce. The kids love it!
Save money by freezing Quaker Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins!
I love making muffins at home, because they are a nice money saver. Muffins in the store are EXPENSIVE and they just don’t taste as great as homemade.
If you want to really save on time, make a lot and then freeze them. That way you can just pull out the amount you need.
I thaw and heat them up in the microwave in just a minute. This is so convenient during busy mornings when everyone is trying to get out the door for school and work.
Let’s get started making these easy applesauce muffins!
You might also like this Chocolate chip mini muffins recipe that is super easy and freezer friendly.
Ingredients for easy applesauce muffins:
- Oats ( I used quick oats)
- Brown Sugar
- Baking powder and baking soda
- vanilla extract
Now for my favorite part…..the Streusal Topping:
- butter or margarine
- brown sugar
How to make oatmeal applesauce muffins?
First, preheat the oven to 400F. Spray muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, make the streusel topping: mix oats, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Once combined, cut in butter. I use 2 butter knives and literally “cut” the butter into the mixture.
When you are done your streusel should resemble small crumbles.
For the muffins, mix together dry ingredients: oats through salt. Slowly mix in applesauce, milk, oil, vanilla and egg. Stir until well combined.
Use a large baking scoop to fill prepared muffin cups ¾ full. Spring a generous amount of streusel on the top of each muffin.
Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
Applesauce oatmeal muffins turned out great!
I was pleasantly surprised at how well these Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins turned out. I am not much of a muffin person, but I really like these.
The rest of my family loved them, too! I am going to make a double batch next time so I can stock the freezer.
These will be perfect for a quick breakfast and everyone just loves these applesauce muffins. If you want to try a few new things, try adding flax seed or dried cranberries to the muffin mix.
Another option to try is wheat flour. I have even mixed half regular flour and half wheat flour and no one even noticed.
Everyone loves these and the applesauce makes the muffins so moist and flavorful. They are sure to be a hit with your family.
You can also use wheat flour and coconut oil as substitutions in this recipe for applesauce muffins.
If you need more muffin cups, why not invest in some silicone baking cups. I love mine and they really do save you money in the long run.
Another thing I love to use is these baking scoops. I love these and they are so handy!
I use the largest baking scoop for muffins and cupcakes. They come in a set so they are perfect for all sorts of recipes.
They are very inexpensive and typically come in a set with different sizes. Amazon has some cookie scoops for very cheap. I have the three pack so that I can use these for cookies, cupcakes, muffins and even meatballs.
You can also make mini muffins. These would be fun for a party or really any time! If you don’t have a mini-muffin pan, I highly suggest you get one.
Mini muffins just simply taste great. They are faster to cook and easier to eat.
As you can see this recipe is so versatile and can be made several different ways. Your family will never get tired of this recipe with all of these delicious ideas!
You might also like this quick and easy blueberry muffins recipe for a simple breakfast idea.
Print this Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins Recipe below:
Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup oats (I used quick oats)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (I used canola)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Streusel Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (NOT softened)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make streusel topping first: mix oats, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Once combined, cut in butter. I use 2 butter knives and literally “cut” the butter into the mixture. When you are done your streusel should resemble small crumbles.
- For the muffins, mix together dry ingredients: oats through salt.
- Slowly mix in applesauce, milk, oil, vanilla and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Use a large baking scoop to fill prepared muffin cups ¾ full.
- Spring a generous amount of streusel on the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400F for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try this Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe for an easy meal on busy mornings that everyone will enjoy.
You might also like to try this mini banana muffin recipe that our family loves because it is so easy and delicious.
Try these other easy muffins recipes:
- Easy Baked French Toast Muffins Recipe
- Mini Donut Muffins
- Homemade Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Easy Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Easy Scrambled Egg Muffins
- Super Moist Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Double Chocolate muffins
- Easy Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- Banana Bread Mini Muffins Recipe
- Pancake Muffins Recipe
Try these other easy breakfast ideas:
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Breakfast Egg muffins Recipe
- Overnight French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Crock pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Faux Cinnamon Rolls – Easy Cinnamon Biscuits
- Easy Breakfast Recipes for Back to School
- BEST Homemade Pancake and Waffle Mix
- How to Make Yogurt in the Crockpot
- Homemade Pancake Syrup