Do you loved baked french toast? If so, then you are going to love this easy french toast muffins recipe. Get all the flavors of french toast in a quick and easy muffin!
Kids go crazy for this delicious breakfast idea!
French Toast Muffins Recipe
If you liked my French Toast casserole recipe then you are going to LOVE this French Toast Muffins recipe. We had some bread that went stale so as always we make our normal french toast casserole, but we didn’t have the time to let it set overnight.
So I thought – What if we made the same thing only in muffins instead? No letting it set overnight and less cooking time.
It was a success!!
Since we wanted to enjoy it right away, Baked French Toast Muffins was born!
And boy is it good! In fact, I think my family loved this french toast cups recipe even more.
These easy French Toast Muffins are easy to make, taste amazing and simply look beautiful.
I like to dust them with powdered sugar and they are just out of this world.
What kind of muffin pan should you use for French Toast Muffin Cups?
If you do use the mini muffin pan, just remember to cut the baking time in half.
I also love my silicone muffin pan for muffins. It is so convenient and clean up is a breeze.
What are you waiting for?
Try this frugal Maple French Toast Muffins recipe this weekend!
Ingredients you need for French Toast Muffins:
- 1/2 loaf of bread (about 10 slices plus one heel) cut into chunks -You could use old stale bread. You could also use different types of bread for different flavors or french bread.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons of Sugar (divided in half) (You can also use brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make french toast muffins recipe:
- Chop up the bread into cubes the size of bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Spray 12 muffins tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bow mix together half the sugar, vanilla , egg, milk.
- Mix in the bread in the bowl. Use your hands and get dirty.
- In a separate small bowl add 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix well.
- Spoon half of the wet bread mixture into the 12 muffin cups.
- Top with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spoon remaining wet egg mixture and bread into the 12 muffin cups and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the muffin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Some ovens may require 30 minutes.
- Serve with syrup, butter, powdered sugar, or any other of your favorite toppings.
You can also make Cinnamon French Toast Muffins Recipe.
Just sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. My kids love it this way too.
It reminds me of Cinnamon toast.
Also try using different types of bread in French toast muffins recipe.
This will give the muffins a different flavor with very little work. This is a great way to switch up the recipe every now and then for a little something different.
A few ideas include:
- Cinnamon Bread
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Raisin Bread
- Chocolate Chip Bread
- Italian Bread
- French Bread
They are so good and always a hit with everyone. It is the perfect breakfast idea to take to a friend or maybe someone that has just had a baby.
Try Baked French Toast Muffins today.
Try these French Toast Muffins so yummy and easy! We are always looking for easy recipes that the kids love and are frugal and simple.
This is a great way to use stale bread so nothing goes to waste. I actually think stale bread works better for this recipe than fresh bread.
Sometimes the bakery will have bread reduced for quick sale due to the expiration date. I always grab it to make these yummy Baked French Toast muffins.
This recipe is one of our favorites and I love that I almost always have all the ingredients on hand to make this at a moment’s notice.
We love simple recipes like this. I keep recipes like this on the regular menu plan rotation because I know the entire family will enjoy these meals.
In fact, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable. By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget.
Every little bit helps and it all adds up. It is so nice to save money and know that our family is enjoying good meals at the same time.
Let us know what you all think of this delicious and easy recipe. I hope your family enjoys it as much as we all do here.
With 8 kids it is hard to please everyone but this is something the entire family enjoys. Serve it with bacon or sausage and a side of fruit and you have a wonderful brunch idea sure to be a hit.
Print your French Toast Muffins recipe below:
Looking for an easy breakfast recipe? Try this fun twist on french toast - French toast muffins! This french toast muffins recipe gives you all the flavors with out all the work.
- 1/2 loaf bread (about 10 slices plus one heel) cut into chunks -You could use old stale bread. You could also use different types of bread for different flavors.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tbsp sugar (divided in half)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Chop up the bread into bit size pieces. Set aside.
Spray 12 muffins tins with non stick spray.
In a large bow mix together half the sugar, milk, eggs, and extract.
Mix in the bread in the bowl. Use your hands and get dirty.
In a separate bowl add 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix well.
Spoon half of the wet bread into the 12 muffin cups
Top with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture.
Spoon remaining wet bread into the 12 muffin cups and top with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with syrup, butter, powdered sugar, or any other of your favorite toppings.
These easy french toast muffins are easy to make, taste amazing and simply look beautiful.
Learn how to make Homemade Granola Bars without all the extra additives. These are simple and delicious.
If you like this, try Moist Banana Bread Recipe. It’s so good!
Do you love those delicious old fashioned sugary donuts but hate all the work? You can make these easy Mini Donut Muffins instead that are just as light and fluffy and covered with cinnamon and sugar.