Nutella French Toast recipe is rich and delicious. Each bite is stuffed with Nutella and so indulgent.
Nutella French Toast recipe
This recipe takes French Toast up a level. It is stuffed with Nutella for the absolute best idea for breakfast.
Our family enjoys it so much that we often make it for brunch as well. The kids love when we do breakfast for dinner.
This recipe is an indulgent treat that sounds fancy but takes very little time to prepare. I can’t wait for you to try it.
Is Nutella good on French toast?
It is absolutely amazing on French Toast. You seriously can’t go wrong with this delicious recipe anytime of day.
It is such an amazing breakfast treat. If you like Nutella sandwiches, this Nutella Stuffed French toast is a must try.
The chocolate hazelnut spread inside makes this so special for birthdays, Mother’s Day and more. However, it is easy enough for any day of the week.
- large eggs
- whole milk
- Slices of bread. We used white bread
- white sugar
- ground cinnamon
How to make Nutella French Toast:
- Combine the eggs and milk. In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk until the mixture is well combined. Set the dish aside for later.
- Prepare the bread. Spread a couple of tablespoons of nutella over four of the pieces of bread. Top with the remaining slices.
- Cut the bread into slices. Slice each sandwich into three pieces and dip each piece in the egg mixture.
- Cook the French Toast. Place the French toast slices in a frying pan and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Make the topping. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and roll each piece of French toast in the sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve. This is best served right away. Enjoy.
French Toast Topping ideas:
- Fresh strawberries
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Drizzle of warm Nutella
How to store:
While this dish is best served fresh, you can store leftover French toast in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply reheat in the microwave until heated all the way through.
If you prefer a crispier texture, reheat in the oven or skillet. Don’t use a toaster oven because it will likely result in a mess due to the filling inside.
Can you freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can. Prepare and cook the French Toast as normal.
Then allow to completely cool. Place inside a freezer container or bag up to 2 months.
I suggest placing wax paper between the pieces of French Toast.
What kind of bread should I use for French toast?
We used white bread as this is a popular option. White bread has a light taste so it allows the flavors of the ingredients to soak in.
It also cooks very quickly and balances out the Nutella well.
Other ideas include:
- Brioche bread
- French Banquette
To make this dish a little healthier, you can use whole wheat bread instead of white bread. If you do this, however, you will need to give the bread extra time to soak up the egg mixture.
- Add fresh fruit to the filling before cooking. Diced strawberries would be delicious.
- Try adding a tablespoon of jelly or peanut butter to the Nutella mixture.
- Mix together cream cheese and Nutella and then place inside the French Toast. This is a rich and indulgent combination everyone will enjoy.
- Serve as a dessert type dish with a scoop of ice cream on top. Drizzle more Nutella and top with berries.
- Dairy free option. You can replace the whole milk with almond milk or coconut milk. Simply substitute the amount needed for this non dairy option.
Tips and Tricks:
- Don’t use a bread that is too thin or the stuffed French toast will be soggy. Likewise, do not use a bread that is too hard or it will not soak up as much liquid.
- The secret to getting the golden edges is to preheat your pan before using.
- Day old bread is best in this recipe. Fresh bread dissolves more quickly in the egg mixture and becomes soggy. This is a great way to use bread that is getting stale. It will make fabulous French toast.
- Be careful that you do not soak the bread too long in the mixture. This will result in the French toast losing its shape during cooking.
- While we like to be generous with the Nutella, you don’t want to be excessive. Placing too much filling in the middle will cause it to come out when frying.
This recipe is delicious.
We love this easy recipe and it tastes so amazing. The outside is perfectly golden brown and the inside is rich and creamy.
However you decide to serve this easy recipe, it will be a hit. Give it a try for a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Everyone will ask for this again and again. It is so amazing.
Print this Nutella French Toast recipe below:
Nutella French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 slices white bread
- ¼ cup Nutella
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk until the mixture is homogenous. Set the dish aside.
- Spread a layer of Nutella over four of the slices of bread and top with the remaining slices.
- Cut each sandwich into three pieces and dip each piece in the egg mixture.
- Place the French toast slices on a skillet and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and roll each piece of French toast in the sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More French Toast Recipes:
- Cinnamon roll French toast casserole recipe
- Kid Friendly Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- Overnight French Toast Casserole recipe
- Baked French Toast Muffins Recipe