Breakfast burritos are so easy to make. They freeze great and taste delicious! In just under an hour of work, you can have 20 burritos in your freezer ready for a ton of easy breakfasts. My husband loves these because he can heat them up while getting ready and then eat them on his way to work.
- 18 eggs
- 20 - 22 flour tortillas (I used the smaller tortillas, but if you want to use the bigger burritos tortillas, you will obviously place more inside and make less burritos)
- 1 pound of sausage
- Salsa (we used Taco Sauce) -optional
- Shredded Cheese
- onions and green peppers (optional)
- Frozen Hashbrowns (optional)
- Basically, you can make this any way you want! 🙂
- Brown Sausage and set aside in a bowl.
- Scramble all the eggs and set aside in a bowl. If you are including onions and green peppers you will want to cook them in the skillet too and set aside in a bowl.
- I placed everything in front of me in bowls, ready for an assembly line.
- I then layered all my ingredients in a tortilla. Rolled it up. Wrapped it in a paper towel and then a piece of foil.
- Continue to do this for each tortilla. 18 eggs will make about 20-22 breakfast burritos.
- Once finished, place all the foil wrapped burritos in freezer bags, ready for the freezer.
- Simply take the burrito out of the freezer and remove the foil (leave on paper towel). Then reheat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. It is that simple! If you want, you could place them in the fridge the night before, but it isn’t necessary.
There you have it… Less than an hour of work and you have a freezer full of easy breakfasts! My husband just loves them! I have even made simple egg and cheese burritos for the kids.
Make it even simpler!
You could even do without the paper towel and foil when you freeze them. Just roll them up and place on a cookie sheet. Place in freezer and allow to freeze completely. Then lay them in a freezer bag. You can still then have them frozen individually for quick and easy breakfasts! (or a fun lunch!)
What are you waiting for? Go head and get started! 😉