This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Try this Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe for an easy meal on busy mornings that everyone will enjoy. Loaded with eggs, cheese and more for the perfect breakfast on the go or at home.
Breakfast burritos are so easy to make. They freeze great and taste delicious. I can’t tell you the times this freezer meal has saved us on busy mornings. Whether it has been trying to get to school, early morning ball games or even church.
Having these delicious burritos in the freezer has been such a blessing. You will be so glad you made these.
If you love Easy Breakfast Recipes and Freezer Meal Recipes as much as I do check out these other family favorites. These are the perfect grab and go breakfast ideas. Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap, Tasty Breakfast Sandwiches or Easy Starbucks Egg Bites will make your morning so much easier.
Table of Contents
- Why Make these Breakfast Burritos:
- Ingredients Needed:
- Variation Ideas
- Step by Step Instructions:
- Expert Tips:
- What to Serve with Breakfast Burritos?
- What Other Meat Goes Good in Breakfast Burritos?
- How long can a Breakfast Burrito stay in the Freezer?
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- More Quick Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe Recipe
Why Make these Breakfast Burritos:
You just set up an assembly line and it is really that simple to make your burritos! Less than an hour of work and you have a freezer full of easy breakfasts! We cook the eggs, sausage and anything else we add and then assemble the burritos.
In just under an hour of work, you can have 20 burritos in your freezer. Ready for a ton of easy breakfasts for the week. We love these because it is so easy to heat them up while getting ready. Then my family can eat them on the go if needed.
My entire family loves these. I have even made simple egg and cheese burritos for the kids. They are so easy to customize to everyone’s taste. Everyone will enjoy this breakfast idea.
It is so simple and that is all you need to put together these amazing breakfast burritos.
- Large Eggs
- Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Salsa (optional)
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe in the recipe card.
- Salsa (we used Taco Sauce)
- Green Bell Peppers
- Frozen Hash Browns
- Tater Tots
We have used leftover ground beef and ground turkey and even shredded chicken or pork to make the breakfast burritos. There really is no wrong way to prepare these easy freezer friendly breakfast burritos.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Cook the Sausage – Brown the breakfast sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and just put it aside.
- Step 2 – Make the Eggs – Next, scramble the eggs. Season with salt and pepper while you are preparing the eggs. Set aside in a bowl.
- Step 3 – Prepare the vegetables – If you are adding in peppers and onions. You can add them to the scrambled eggs mixture. Cook until the vegetables until soft.
Step 4 – Make your assembly line and layer your ingredients on each tortilla. Fold the tortillas around the egg mixture and veggies.
Step 5 – Once you have all the burritos completed, place the burritos on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for at least 1 hour and then move them to a freezer bag to store.
- Use Fresh Tortillas – When I pick out the tortillas at the store, I try and get the ones that are soft. Then I use those to make these breakfast burritos. It makes it so much easier to roll when the tortillas are soft.
- Microwave Tortilla – If you have tortilla that are not soft, or at room temperature you can heat them in the microwave. Place the tortilla between two damp paper towels for about 20 seconds. This should help to be able to roll the tortilla without it cracking.
- Don’t Overstuff– When preparing the burritos, make sure to not overstuff the burritos. This makes it easy to ensure the burritos closes and no cracking of the tortilla.
- Tortilla Size – We use the soft taco size tortilla when we make breakfast burritos. But if you prefer larger size, you can use the burrito size tortillas.
What to Serve with Breakfast Burritos?
Breakfast Burritos are really a complete meal all rolled up in a flour tortilla. But I do like to have a few sides to go with it. Here are some of my favorite sides:
- Make a Fruit tray – I love serving a fruit tray to balance out the meal. Strawberries, blueberries and grapes are usually my family favorites.
- Guacamole and Salsa – Make some homemade salsa and guacamole for dipping the breakfast burrito in. Sour cream is also a great side for dipping.
- Hash browns on the side – You can add hash browns to the burrito or serve them as a side.
What Other Meat Goes Good in Breakfast Burritos?
We love using sausage for our breakfast burritos. It fries well when we are preparing the burritos. But you can also use these other options:
- Cooked Ham
- Cooked Bacon
- Use Black Beans
- Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
How long can a Breakfast Burrito stay in the Freezer?
When we make breakfast burritos they are the perfect breakfast idea to freeze. We usually make enough for 2 weeks. But the burrito will stay good for about 3 months in the freezer.
When you place the burritos in the freezer, it is a good idea to label the freezer bag. This makes sure what is in the freezer bag and you eat the ones that need to be eaten.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you have leftovers for these breakfast burritos, you can easily store in the fridge for up to 5 days. This is a great recipe to meal prep with for the week. Wrap in plastic wrap to easily reheat.
Simply take the frozen burrito out of the freezer. Wrap the burrito in a damp paper towel. Then reheat freezer burritos in the microwave for about 2 minutes on a microwave-safe plate.
It is that simple. If you want, you could place them in the fridge the night before, but it isn’t necessary
When reheating breakfast burritos be careful to not overheat. When eggs are reheated to long it can release moisture making the burritos soggy. Also make sure to add salsa when you are serving the burritos and high content veggies. These items can also release moisture leaving your burritos soggy.
More Quick Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Breakfast Egg muffins Recipe
- Crock pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
If you make these Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
Easy Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- Brown Sausage and set aside in a bowl.
- Scramble all the eggs and set aside in a bowl.
- Layer the eggs, sausage, salsa and cheddar cheese in each tortilla.
- Wrap them to form a burrito.
- To freeze, place all the burritos on a baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Then move the burritos to a freezer safe bag or container and freezer for up to 3 months.
- To defrost, remove a burrito from the freezer bag. Wrap it with a damp paper towel and reheat it in the microwave for up to 2 minutes.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe