This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
My entire family enjoys this Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole for breakfast, brunch or dessert. We love using our crock pot for other things other than for dinner.
This crock pot cinnamon roll casserole is amazing and perfect for any brunch, holiday, or even dessert. We have this or Crock Pot Monkey Bread every Christmas morning.
Being a mom of 8 I need Easy breakfast recipes that are delicious and require easy ingredients. We love recipes with cinnamon flavor and this Cinnamon French Toast or Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls are always requested.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
The ingredients are simple but the flavors are amazing. This recipe is perfect for summer so you can enjoy your cinnamon rolls without heating up the kitchen.
You can also make this ahead a time for breakfast. I like to make these delicious crock pot cinnamon rolls and keep them in the refrigerator. The kids heat them up for breakfast all week.
This easy recipe only requires 6 ingredients. All your friends and family will be impressed with this delicious casserole recipe that will take you no time at all to prepare.
- Cans of Cinnamon Rolls
- Maple Syrup
Scroll to the bottom for the full list of ingredients and recipe:
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Rolls: My favorite variation is to make slow cooker apple cinnamon rolls. To create this recipe, add a layer of diced up apples after the first layer of the cinnamon rolls. The addition of the apples creates a delicious apple cinnamon flavor that no one can resist.
- Banana Cinnamon Rolls: Another variation is to add ½ cup of brown sugar to the top prior to the icing. Then top with sliced bananas you can even add in chopped pecans for added flavor. This brown sugar and banana combination adds a delicious flavor to this crockpot cinnamon roll casserole.
- Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream: You can make this recipe with heavy cream instead of milk. Just substitute have cream or heavy whipping cream in place of the milk. The heavy whipping cream adds a nice creamy flavor in this easy recipe.
- Cinnamon Rolls with Nuts: We like having nuts in our cinnamon rolls. You can sprinkle your nuts in so they bake right in or you can sprinkle a few on top. Either way, these Cinnamon Rolls will be the top requested breakfast, I am sure of it.
There are tons of options to change this recipe to make it your all time favorite. This makes for the perfect lazy weekend breakfast recipe.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Open up the cans of refrigerated cinnamon roll dough and set aside the icing for later. It’s delicious and adds an amazing flavor to this crock pot cinnamon roll casserole.
- Step 2 – Then cut each cinnamon roll into quarters. You can use a knife or a pizza cutter for this process.
- Step 3 – Spray your crock pot with your favorite non stick cooking spray. I always spray the bottom and sides of the my slow cooker so that serving this slow cooker cinnamon roll casserole is easy.
- Step 4 – After that, place one of the rolls of cinnamon rolls (already cut up) in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Step 5 – Then in a small bowl whisk (or stand mixer) together the eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Don’t skip this step as this cream maple syrup vanilla mixture adds a great flavor and moisture to this delicious crock pot recipe.
- Step 6 – Pour the egg mixture over the cinnamon rolls in the crock pot.
- Step 7 – Then place the remaining cinnamon rolls on top of the egg mixture in your slow cooker.
- Step 8 – Then drizzle one icing packet over the 2nd layer of the cinnamon rolls.
- Step 9 – Finally, place the crock pot lid on top and cook on low for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
- Step 10 – After the cook time, remove the crock pot lid and drizzle the last icing packet over the crock pot cinnamon rolls.
- Step 11 – Then serve immediately with softened butter and enjoy with a glass of milk.
- Paper Towel – If you problems with moisture on the top of the cinnamon rolls. Place a paper towel over the top of the slow cooker and top with lid.
- Cooking Spray – For best results, make sure to spray cooking spray in the slow cooker before layering it with ingredients. This helps for an easy cleanup and serving the cinnamon rolls.
- Combining Milk Ingredients – Combine the ingredients together in a bowl with a hand mixer, stand mixer or a whisk. This ensures everything is combined thoroughly.
What to Serve with Cinnamon Rolls?
This Cinnamon Roll recipe has become a staple at our house. My kids look forward to it and having is as a weekend breakfasts makes it extra special.
Some of the items we serve with the cinnamon rolls are listed:
- This Apple Green Smoothie is everyone’s favorite. It is a great combination to serve with this casserole.
- Bacon – We love serving bacon with this casserole dish. The sweet and salty flavors is the perfect combination.
- These Fruit Kabobs are a great way for the kids to get in their fruit. My kids eat more of it when I make these Kabobs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Cooking time will vary, but we cooked out casserole for about 2 hours and it came out perfectly.
Feel free to use any type of canned cinnamon rolls. I have used off brand and Pillsbury Grands and they both turned out great.
This cinnamon roll casserole stores great in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Make sure to allow cinnamon roll to cool before storing and it will last about 4 days.
If you prefer, you can place your leftovers in a freezer safe container and store in the freezer. The cinnamon rolls will stay good for about 2 months.
Feel free to make this casserole in a preheated oven in a 9×13 glass baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Cooking time will vary.
Try these Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes:
More Cinnamon Roll Recipes
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Waffles Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Lazy Day Cinnamon Biscuits
We love hearing from you. If you make this Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole, please leave us a comment.
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Open up the cans of cinnamon rolls and set aside the icing for later.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters.
- Spray your crock pot with non stick spray and place one of the rolls of cinnamon rolls in the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour over the cinnamon rolls in the crock pot.
- Place the remaining cinnamon rolls on top.
- Drizzle one icing packet over the cinnamon rolls.
- Place the crock pot lid on top and cook on low for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
- Remove lid and drizzle the last icing packet over the cinnamon rolls.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with a glass of milk!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe