Today we are making an Apple Spinach Green Smoothie Recipe. Just like my other recipes, it is easy to make.
I prefer not to add any other sweeteners to my green smoothies. I want to keep them to be as natural and healthy as possible.
What are green smoothies?
Green smoothies are healthy smoothies. They are packed full of vitamins plus they are easy to make gluten free and dairy free. Generally they are green because of spinach or kale that is mixed into the smoothie.
I like to blend spinach with varies fruit that balances out the bitter flavor of spinach. So that it does not taste like I’m drinking spinach juice. Green smoothies are a great way to get all the nutrients of veggies without having to eat a ton of them!
We actually just came back from vacation and I missed my smoothies while I was gone. Next time, I will take my blender with me on vacation.
I just loving having a healthy plant based smoothie every morning. I love getting all the good nutrients that are packed in each spinach smoothie recipe.
Can you add spinach to smoothies?
Yes, you can easily add spinach to smoothies. This is one of my favorite ways to make sure that I’m getting plenty of vegetables in my day. I can barely taste the spinach if it’s blended with the right fruit!
Should I cook spinach before putting it in a smoothie?
I use raw spinach in my smoothies. If you boil the spinach, you can cook out some of the nutrients.
For this reason, I blend raw fruits and vegetables in my smoothies. This ensures that I’m getting as much nutrients as possible.
What is needed to make this Spinach Apple Smoothie:
It’s best to use natural ingredients if possible so you don’t have any unnecessary sugar in the green apple smoothie. Also, the fruit adds all the sweetness that you’ll need for this great recipe!
Ok, here is what you’ll need to make this delicious apple spinach smoothie recipe.
- Spinach – I use Baby Spinach
- Cold Water
- Ground Flax Seed (optional)
- Green Apple
- Banana – This can be a fresh banana or frozen banana.
How to make Sour Apple Smoothie
Ok, now that you’re prepared with everything you need, let’s jump to recipe for this delicious apple spinach smoothie.
First in a blender, place the water and spinach and blend until smooth. add in flax seed for more fiber now if you choose. I usually run it twice to get it nice and smooth.
Then add in the banana, the cut up apple, and ice. Blend until smooth.
If your smoothie is too thin, add more ice cubes and blend until the smoothie is the consistency that you prefer.
Then serve it immediately while it’s still cold.
Keep reading for all the nutritional information and to print recipe below.
- If you would like this apple smoothie recipe to be creamier, add ½ cup of either milk or almond milk.
- You can use Kale instead of Spinach if you prefer. I find that kale does not blend as easily but will give you tons of nutrients.
- Sometimes, I add a little lemon juice as well to change things up on this recipe.
- Add in any of your favorite fruits. I love adding frozen pineapple and frozen mango to this smoothie as well.
- You can use chia seeds instead of the flax seed to your smoothie if you prefer to still keep your fiber.
How many people can say that they enjoy a whole cup of fruit and cup of spinach in one setting? I know I used to not be able to but not anymore!
You will need a good blender:
After this recipe, you will be OBSESSED with green smoothies like me. Then I recommend that you invest in a good powerful blender.
Currently, I use a Vitamix and I love it. It is old and is still in great condition.
This blender is an investment as it’s not the cheapest, but it is one investment that does not disappoint. It will probably be the last blender you ever own.
If a Vitamix isn’t in your budget currently, then I recommend a Waring professional blender. This blender works well too.
It doesn’t work quite as well as the Vitamix. They are the next best thing for a more reasonable cost. Amazon has several Waring blenders on sale right now.
Whatever blender that you decide on, either will work great to make this delicious green smoothie recipe.
Print this Apple Spinach Smoothie Recipe below:
Apple Spinach Green Smoothie recipe
- 2 cups spinach (packed into the cups – smash as much as you can in there)
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 green apple peeled and cored and cut into chunks (this apple peeler is awesome!)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup ice optional
- In a blender, place the water and spinach (add in flax seed for more fiber right now if you want) and blend until smooth. I usually run it twice to get it nice and smooth.
- Add in the banana, cut up apple, and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe