Try this refreshing Strawberry watermelon smoothie recipe. It is perfect to beat the heat and very easy to make!
Strawberry watermelon smoothie recipe
Most of you know that I love my smoothies! I have already shared my basic fruit smoothie recipe, but I thought I would share this new one that my family loved last summer.
Our entire family loves smoothies. I’m always looking for new ways to make them.
This one is sure to be a hit with everyone. The watermelon is a nice twist on the classic smoothie.
How do you make a watermelon smoothie?
It only takes a few ingredients to make this watermelon smoothie. Keep reading to see just how simple this smoothie recipe is…..
You need a good blender to make this Easy strawberry watermelon smoothie!
I have been thru some cheap ones and they barely last a week. You definitely want a good blender to use.
They just can’t handle the ice and frozen fruit. Don’t waste your time like I did with these cheaper models, and just get something nice from the get go.
It will save you time and money! Trust me.
I have a Vitamix now and I love it. We have had it for many years and it’s still working to make smoothies and more!
It’s paid for itself time and time again with all the money I have saved making smoothies and milkshakes at home. It is pricey but it’s truly worth it.
You won’t have to keep replacing it like with the cheaper blenders. Amazon has several of them on sale right now for a great price.
If you just can’t make it work in the budget, I recommend a Waring professional blender. It’s the next best thing and it will get the job done.
It’s not as good as the Vitamix but it’s a close second for a more reasonable price. Amazon has several Waring blenders on sale right now.
Let’s get started making this Easy fruit smoothie recipe!
It is SO yummy! Plus, you will be able to make this smoothie in no time at all!
Ingredients for Strawberry Watermelon yogurt smoothie:
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup watermelon (frozen -yes you can freeze fresh watermelon. Just dice it up and freeze)
- 1 cup of yogurt or an individual yogurt container (I usually use vanilla yogurt or strawberry)
- ½ cup water and a ½ cup of juice (You could just do a full cup of water but you would need to add a sweetener if you don’t use fruit juice) -any juice will do! Orange juice or apple juice work great.
We have even used almond milk instead of juice.
However you make this frozen watermelon smoothie, it’s sure to be a success!
How to make Watermelon strawberry smoothie:
- Place the liquid in your blender FIRST! This is important!
- Then toss other ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until smooth!
That is it! It’s that easy to make Watermelon strawberry yogurt smoothie!
This makes 2 big servings.
I will usually share this with the kids or drink half and freeze half. It is that easy!
This is my favorite smoothie right now! I love the watermelon and strawberry flavors combined.
It is a healthy option that will leave you feeling full.
What goes well with watermelon in a smoothie?
We like strawberry but I bet pineapple would go well with watermelon as well.
Can you freeze watermelon for smoothies?
Yes! Pour into a freezer friendly container and freeze.
When ready to eat, just let thaw for a few minutes on the counter so that you can eat it with a spoon.
Makes a nice treat, plus it is healthier than ice cream!
How Frugal is this healthy watermelon smoothie?
Since I used fresh fruit (when they are cheap and at their peak), this isn’t very expensive.
Remember you can easily freeze your own fresh fruit. Learn about that here.
Print this Easy strawberry watermelon smoothie recipe below:
Strawberry watermelon smoothie recipe is delicious. This easy strawberry watermelon smoothie is refreshing. Try Strawberry Watermelon yogurt smoothie.
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup watermelon frozen -yes you can freeze fresh watermelon. Just dice it up and freeze
- 1 cup of yogurt or an individual yogurt container I usually use vanilla yogurt or strawberry
- ½ cup water and a ½ cup of juice You could just do a full cup of water but you would need to add a sweetener if you don't use fruit juice -any juice will do! Orange juice or apple juice work great.
Place the liquid in your blender FIRST! This is important!
Then toss other ingredients in the blender.
Blend until smooth!
I hope your family enjoys this Watermelon smoothie recipe with yogurt as much as my family does!
Don’t forget, if you love this recipe, Pin it! 😉
Let us know what you think about this delicious smoothie recipe. I think you are going to love it! It’s SO yummy!