This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe only has 3 ingredients and it is so delicious. Try this frozen treat for breakfast, snacks and anytime you need something quick and healthy.
This is my basic recipe to create what I call the perfect fruit juice smoothie. It is such an easy smoothie recipe with a delicious creamy texture. All my kids love them for breakfast or an healthy after school snack.
If you love this Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes as much as we do then you are going to love this Spinach Pineapple Green Smoothie. It is another favorite plant based smoothie I absolutely love. Once you start making smoothies, you will be hooked.
How do you Make Smoothies with Frozen Fruit?
When making smoothies with frozen fruit, make sure to add the right amount of liquid. This recipes calls for a cup of liquid. You can use water but I like it with ½ cup juice and ½ cup water. You can also mix milk and yogurt together.
Try orange juice, apple juice and even pineapple juice. Any of these ideas will make for a delicious smoothie. Sometimes, I just use what I have in the fridge. This healthy smoothie is a hit no matter what juice I use.
- Frozen Fruit
- Greek Yogurt
For the full ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
Additions and Variations
- Try mixing flavors and don’t be scared to try new fruits. Fresh fruit or frozen fruit they both make the best smoothie.
- Sweetness – If you need add in sweetness we recommend adding in honey or a sweetener of your choice.
- I love adding in spinach to my smoothies. You will be surprised that you can’t taste the spinach at all. If you use just a little, it doesn’t turn the mixture green if you have children that might be resistant. A few of my kids are extra picky so I use the mixed berry frozen fruit to sneak in spinach.
- This berry blend has blueberries, blackberries and strawberries so it’s much darker. Adding in the spinach with some extra fruit your kids won’t even know that spinach as been added. If your kids are like this, you might try this blend first.
- You can add chia seeds or flax seed for even more nutrition.
- Try coconut milk or almond milk for the liquid. We have even added in oat milk or cashew milk for a diary-free option.
- Sometimes when I use banana, I will also throw in some peanut butter.
- Another trick I have is to freeze my bananas. It makes the smoothie taste like a frosty. This is also a good way to use up bananas that might be going bad soon. Chop them up and freeze them.
- Frozen Strawberry and Banana smoothie is my go-to smoothie recipe.
- Protein powder. Add a scoop for more protein. I like using vanilla protein powder with frozen strawberries and almond milk.
- These are all great options. This basic fruit flavor smoothie recipe is so easy to adapt or change based on preference or what you have on hand. I have even added in carrots and a cucumber for added flavor.
How to Make a Fruit Smoothie:
- Step 1 – First, put the water in the blender.
- Step 2 – Next, add the frozen fruit and yogurt.
- Step 3 – Put the blender lid back on (very important) and blend for a few minutes until it is smooth. Serve with a straw for extra fun. Enjoy!
Tips for the Best Smoothie:
- Adding Liquid – We like to use milk because we like it creamy but you can also use coconut water, orange juice, water, or apple juice.
- Adding Ingredients – Add the liquid in first and then add in fruit. Blend the ingredients then add in the ice. If you fruit is frozen then you may not need as much ice.
- Smoothie consistency – You may need to add more water or ice depending on the consistency that you want. Continue blending until smooth.
Best Blenders for Smoothies:
I have a Vitamix now and it was worth the money. We have had it for many years and it’s still working to make smoothies and more! It’s paid for itself time and time again with all the money I have saved making smoothies and milkshakes at home.
If you just can’t make it work in the budget, I recommend a Waring professional blender. I think it is the next best thing and it will get the job done. Amazon has several Waring blenders.
What is the Best Fruit for Smoothies?
Here are some great fruits to try in your next smoothie:
Can you Make Smoothies and Freeze them?
Yes! This Easy smoothie recipe is freezer friendly! It actually freezes great.
I love to double the recipe and then freeze it. It makes a tasty treat for me, so I will grab it instead of ice cream. It is also a great breakfast on the go and much cheaper than buying one out.
For More Healthy Additives try adding:
To give you fruit some added healthy benefits, add in one or several of them to your smoothie. It will provide extra fiber, protein, and vitamins to your smoothie.
- Chia Seeds
- Spinach or Kale
- Healthy Fats like Avocados
- Nut Butters – such as almond butter or peanut butter
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you have leftover prepared fresh or frozen fruit smoothie, then store in the freezer. When you are ready to enjoy again, let it thaw on the counter and it will be the perfect smoothie.
These fruit smoothies can easily be prepared ahead of time.
Simply assemble the ingredients besides the liquid in a quart size freezer bags. Place in the freezer for a quick and easy smoothie in the morning.
Add the fruit ingredients with the liquid to the blender and blend.
More Fruit Smoothies to try:
- Delicious watermelon smoothie recipes
- Strawberry Watermelon smoothie
- Angel Food Smoothie King Recipe
- Smoothie King The Hulk Recipe
If you try this frozen fruit smoothie recipe, make sure to leave a star review.
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen fruit (any frozen fruit will work great)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (regular or greek yogurt)
- 1 cup ice
- Place the water in the blender.
- Then dump in frozen fruit and yogurt.
- Place on lid and blend for a few minutes until it is smooth.
- Add the ice into the blender ½ cup at a time and blend between each addition until the smoothie is the consistency that you prefer.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe