This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is creamy, delicious and full of pumpkin flavor. Make this popular copycat recipe at home with simple ingredients.
Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe:
This homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe saves me a ton of money once the fall weather hits. I love getting PSL at Starbucks, but it really adds up. This copycat recipe is made with simple ingredients and is easy to make.
This popular seasonal drink can easily be made with strong hot coffee. You can use an espresso machine with a shots of espresso or store-bought coffee.
The combination of the ingredients makes this the perfect fall drink. Make this easy Starbucks Copycat latte at home and top with homemade whipped cream.
What is in a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte?
When you get this latte at Starbucks, it is made with 2% milk, pumpkin sauce, and 2 shots espresso. It is then topped with whipped cream and pumpkin spice topping.
- Pumpkin Puree
- Granulated Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
- Strong Coffee
- Whipped Cream (for serving)
How to Make Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- Step 1 – Heat Ingredients – Stir the milk, pumpkin puree and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Step 2 – Simmer Ingredients – Heat over medium heat until hot but do not boil over.
- Step 3 – Add seasoning and coffee – Remove the mixture from the heat. Then whisk in the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and coffee.
- Step 4 – Pour into Mugs – Pour the mixture evenly into serving mugs. Top with the whipped cream.
- Step 5 – Serve and enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
- Froth Milk – If you prefer and have a frothers, you can use a milk frother. This creates a foaming texture and is delicious mixed with coffee. You can also use a immersion blender.
- Heating Mixture – When heating the mixture in a sauce pan, do not boil it. You want the mixture to be hot.
- Serving – This latte is best served warm after preparing it.
Can you Make this Non-Dairy?
Yes, you can make this latte dairy free. Keep in mind that using nut base or plant base milk they may not froth as well as regular milk.
Try one of these dairy free options:
- Almond Milk
- Oat Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Coconut Milk
How to Froth Milk for a Latte:
When I make a latte, I love to add frothed milk to the latte. It is creamier and it taste amazing. You can froth a milk with a frother, blender, or in a mixer.
I like to heat my milk in the microwave and then froth it to add to my morning coffee. If you do not have a frother, you can easily use a whisk.
You can use any type of milk to froth and add to coffee, shots or store bought coffee.
- Milk – Generally, I use whole milk or 2% milk for this recipe. But any skim milk that you prefer will work great in this recipe. You can also use a non-dairy milk such as coconut milk, oat milk or almond milk.
- Seasoning – We love adding in the pumpkin spice seasoning but feel free to add in other warm spices. Add nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, cloves or ginger to taste.
- Coffee – We used strong coffee in this recipe but you can also make it with espresso at home. We have also bought store bought coffee for an easy latte option.
- Sweetener – You can easily sweetened the latte with sugar, honey or sweetener of your choice.
- Toppings – Feel free to add a caramel sauce, pumpkin spice sauce or caramel syrup.
How to Make a Homemade Spice Topping:
After pouring the Pumpkin Spice Latte in a mug. We like to top with Homemade Whipped Cream and this easy homemade spice topping.
This spice topping consist of the following spices. Feel free to change the amount you add, to what you prefer. These are our recommendations.
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
You can even add a drizzle of homemade pumpkin spice syrup to add more pumpkin flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
If you have any leftovers, store them in a covered container for up to 2-3 days.
Why you will Love Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- Budget Friendly – This latte is made with simple ingredients. It will save you a ton of money making it at home. If you use quality ingredients, it will be like you are drinking a latte from Starbucks.
- Make it Your Own – Making homemade latte’s at home allows you to change the ingredients. You can add more coffee, spices, and change the milk to what you prefer.
- Leftover Pumpkin Puree – If you have leftover pumpkin puree, this is a great option to use it. Enjoy a PSL as you are enjoying you favorite pumpkin pie recipe.
Print Recipe for Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte:
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 3 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Strong Coffee
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Stir the milk, pumpkin puree and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium high heat until hot but do not boil over.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and then stir in the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and coffee.
- Pour the mixture evenly into serving mugs. Top with the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe