Starbucks medicine ball recipe soothes your throat and tastes delicious. This copycat cold buster is simple to make at home. Learn how to make it for cold and flu season.
Starbucks medicine ball recipe
Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball is on the Starbucks secret menu and super popular. This medicine ball tea is the perfect blend of several ingredients that will soothe a sore throat.
It is very easy to prepare at home making it perfect for those days you don’t feel like leaving the house. You can easily whip up a batch of this tea anytime you want.
Not only is it more convenient to make at home but you will save money as well. I enjoy this delicious tea frequently and not just when I am sick. It is perfect to enjoy anytime you want hot tea.
Let’s make this yummy recipe. It is super easy to make at home and tastes just like Starbucks. Since you can purchase the exact Teavana tea at the grocery store, it really tastes the same.
What is in Starbucks Medicine Ball?
This drink only has a handful of ingredients. It starts with lemonade.
Then Teavana teas are seeped and added to the lemonade. We used Jade Citrus Mint and Peach Tranquility.
A dash of honey is stirred into the cup right before serving. All of this combines for a drink that is tasty and soothing.
Steamed Lemonade is the base and brings it all together. This honey citrus mint tea is warm and comforting.
- Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea
- Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea
How to make Starbucks medicine ball at home:
- Combine the water and lemonade. Stir together the water and lemonade in a small saucepan. Heat over medium to low heat until hot.
- Steep both types of tea bags. Then steep the peach teas and jade citrus tea bags for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags.
- Pour into a mug. Pour the mixture into a cup and stir in the honey.
- Serve warm and enjoy. It is delicious and very simple to make. Enjoy a cup today.
Starbucks medicine ball tea recipe tips:
- Microwave. You can also heat up the lemonade and water together in the microwave if you prefer.
- Adjust to taste. You can easily add in more honey or use less to adjust the sweetness to your preference.
- Double the recipe. This recipe is for 1 serving. You can double or triple the recipe to make multiple cups.
- Lemonade. We used Simply Lemonade but feel free to use your favorite brand at the grocery store.
- Tea Bags. We suggest using Teavana tea bags for a drink most similar to Starbucks. While you can use other brands, Teavana has the best flavor and results in the best drink in our opinion.
- Peppermint Extract. For extra mint flavor, add peppermint extract to the hot tea.
- Peppermint Tea bag. If you want the extra mint flavor but don’t have extract, use a tea bag instead. This will still give you peppermint flavor.
- Fresh Lemon. I like to top my cup of tea with a slice of fresh lemon. While optional, it is so refreshing and adds a special touch.
- Iced Beverage. You can actually enjoy this recipe chilled as well. Simply serve over ice.
How to store:
This drink is best served right after making it. However, it can be stored in the fridge up to 24 hours.
When ready to enjoy, reheat the beverage in the microwave until heated through. Just make sure to use a microwave safe mug and heat to the desired temperature.
Is Starbucks Medicine Ball good for sore throat?
While it may not cure a cold, it can help ease a sore throat. Fluids help you stay hydrated and the hot tea will feel good on your throat. Hot tea is packed with antioxidants that can help a cold.
The honey is an added benefit and also helps to soothe your throat. The jade citrus mint green tea peach tranquility herbal tea is an amazing combination. Lemon is full of Vitamin C to help boost the immune system.
As you can see, there are lots of benefits to this hot tea. Plus, it tastes so amazing. It is just a great recipe.
Enjoy this drink at home.
Start saving money and enjoy this comforting drink at home. It is so easy with just a few simple ingredients. Anyone can make this drink.
You will love how this taste and all the money you will save.
Print Copycat medicine ball Starbucks recipe:
Medicine Ball Starbucks Recipe
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Lemonade
- 1 bag Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea
- 1 bag Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea
- 2 tsp Honey
- Stir together the water and lemonade in a small saucepan. Heat over medium to low heat until hot.
- Then steep the tea bags for 3-5 minutes. Then remove the tea bags.
- Pour the mixture into a cup and stir in the honey.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe