This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Love Starbucks but not the price? Learn how to make Starbucks Hot Chocolate Recipe at home that tastes rich and decadent.
Today I’m showing you how to make Hot Chocolate Starbucks Recipe. Yes, this easy copycat recipe tastes just like the one you can snag at Starbucks. But you can make it at home and save a ton of money.
You can make a ton of hot chocolate for the entire family and save a money over that expensive per cup price. Plus, I just love being able to enjoy it at home anytime I want.
Table of Contents
More Copycat Starbucks Drinks
- Starbucks Chai Tea Latte
- Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
- Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Recipe
- Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino Recipe
- Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Recipe
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla extract or vanilla syrup
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Milk – Feel free to use any type of milk to make this recipe. You can use skim milk, coconut milk or almond milk.
- Syrup – Substitute the vanilla syrup for peppermint syrup or peppermint extract for the perfect holiday drink.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Add the water, cocoa and sugar into a microwave safe container. Then you will take the microwave safe bowl and heat for approximately 40 seconds or until warm.
- Step 2 – Next, mix mix well to create the chocolate syrup.
- Step 3 – Then add the milk and vanilla and stir well.
- Step 4 – Put this in the microwave for about 40 to 60 seconds or until hot.
- Step 5 – Finally, serve and enjoy. It is delicious with whipped cream and chocolate chips or syrup on top.
Topping Ideas –
- Homemade Caramel Sauce. This is delicious drizzled on top.
- Chocolate Syrup. Chocolate fans will love even more chocolate on top. You can also top with white chocolate sauce or white chocolate mocha sauce.
- Homemade Whipped Cream. Just a dollop on top makes it even better.
- Sprinkles – Add you favorite sprinkles for a delicious flavor and color.
- Candy Canes or Peppermint Sticks. You can also crush candy canes to sprinkle on top.
- Marshmallows. Try mini or regular size. Another idea to try is different flavors of marshmallows. You can also find seasonal shapes such as hearts and Christmas trees.
- Chocolate Chips. Try using an assortment. I like to use milk chocolate and white chocolate chips. Dark chocolate is also tasty.
Make Hot Chocolate Bar:
We love to set up a hot chocolate bar and everyone can choose their favorite toppings when you are serving a crowd. Hot cocoa topped with whipped cream is always a popular choice.
We have blast serving hot chocolate and you will too. This is a delicious copycat recipe and so easy to make. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out for you.
It is so creamy and delicious for a real treat any day of the week.
How to Store Leftovers:
This recipe is great served immediately after preparing. But if you have leftovers, store in the fridge then reheat in the microwave.
Try these Other Hot Chocolate Recipes:
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Iced Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 20 Amazing Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Crock Pot White Hot Chocolate
More Copycat Recipes to Try:
- CopyCat Panera Chicken noodle soup
- Chick-Fil-A Lemonade Recipe
- Starbucks Cake Pops
- KFC Chicken Pot Pie
- Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
We love hearing from you. If you make this Copycat Starbucks Hot Chocolate Recipe, please leave us a comment.
Hot Chocolate Starbucks CopyCat Recipe
- Add water, cocoa and sugar into a microwave safe bowl and heat for approximately 40 seconds or until warm.
- Mix well to create the chocolate syrup.
- Add milk and vanilla and stir well.
- Heat in the microwave for about 60 seconds or until hot.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate chips or syrup on top.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe