Enjoy Panera bread chicken noodle soup at home for a fraction of the price and save time too. We love it with grilled cheese for a super quick weeknight dinner that is the best comfort food.
Do you love Panera Bread? I’m so excited to share this delicious Copycat Panera Bread chicken Noodle soup recipe with you. My family loves to eat at Panera and their soup is always amazing.
As we ate it the other day, I realized that this recipe would be so easy to recreate. Chicken noodle soup is very easy to make and very frugal to make for a crowd.
This recipe is very similar to my Crock pot chicken noodle soup recipe, but I am using prepackaged dried egg noodle and even more chicken stock to make this soup thinner. This is the perfect (and crazy easy) soup that you can enjoy on a nice chilly day.
Let’s make Copycat Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup!
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- chicken broth
- bay leaf
- garlic salt – minced garlic also is fine.
- salt and pepper
- egg noodles
Now the ingredients list seem long, but they really aren’t. Some chicken, some broth, carrots, celery, onions and some seasoning. It is really that easy!
How to make Panera Chicken noodle soup recipe:
Now, you can make this delicious recipe 2 ways – either on the stove or in the crock pot. I prefer it in the crock pot because It is easy to make.
How to make on the stove top.
- 1. First, drizzle a pot with olive oil. Add the carrots, onion and celery and cook for a few minutes until they start to get soft.
- 2. Add the chopped chicken to the pot and pour chicken broth or water over. Chicken broth will give it more flavor.
- 3. Next, add the seasonings.
- 4. Bring everything to a boil and cook until you see the chicken start to fall apart.
- 5. Take the chicken out and shred. Add back to the soup.
- 6. Finally, add the noodles (uncooked) to the ingredients and cook until noodles are ready.
Now if you want to cook this soup in the crock pot your dinner just got easier.
- First, place everything (except the noodles) in the crock pot. It is that easy!
- Next, cook this on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- About 45 minutes before serving, take the chicken out and shred.
- Finally, add the chicken back to the pot and add the egg noodles. Set your crock pot to high at this point (if not already on it) so the noodles will cook faster. This should take about 30 minutes.
Either way you want to cook this delicious recipe I think you will find your family a new delicious dinner idea that costs WAY less than heading to the restaurant.
How to make Chicken noodle soup fast:
As you can see, this recipe is already so easy. However, I actually have even more tips to make this meal even quicker.
- Use precooked chicken, rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken from the night before. Using chicken already cooked means this goes from stove to table in under 30 minutes! We also love this 20 minute homemade chicken noodle soup recipe.
- We keep diced onion in the freezer and it makes it so quick and easy for recipes like this. Just grab what you need and go! This also works for the carrots and celery in the soup. Chop and freeze for later!
Is our copycat Panera chicken noodle soup healthy?
Yes, it is. The recipe only uses a cup of pasta and you could probably even reduce that and not notice. If you are worried about sodium, try using the reduced sodium chicken broth.
You can find more detailed nutrition information on the recipe card.
Try this copycat recipe today.
Print this Panera chicken noodle soup recipe below:
Try this delicious panera bread chicken noodle soup recipe – I think you will be surprised how easy it is to make and how frugal you can make it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups water (may need to add more)
- 4 Carrots Peeled and diced into bite size pieces
- 2 Stalks Celery Diced into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 Bay Ltheaf
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Egg noodles
Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
Add in the carrots, onion and celery.
Sauté for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Add the chicken and the chicken broth to the stock pot.
Stir in the seasonings (thyme, bay leaf, garlic salt, salt and pepper).
Bring the water to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the chicken is cooked through (reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F). This cooking time will vary based on if you use frozen chicken or fresh chicken and based on the chicken size. This generally takes 15-20 minutes for the chicken to cook.
Remove chicken and shred.
Return to soup the chicken back to the stock pot.
Add in the uncooked egg noodles and water. Cook until they are cooked through.
Place everything (except the noodles) in the crock pot.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken and shred.
Return the chicken back to the crock pot. Turn crock pot on high and add egg noodles.
Cook for 30 minutes until the noodles will be done and dinner is served!
This is the perfect (and crazy easy) soup that you can enjoy on a nice chilly day.
More copycat recipes to try:
- Copycat Panera Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Easy CopyCat KFC Chicken Pot Pie
- Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
- Copy cat Olive Garden pasta fagioli soup
- Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce Recipe
More easy soup recipes:
- Crock Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
- Creamy Taco Soup
- Ham and Potato Soup Crock pot Recipe