This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Starbucks Peppermint Mocha is a family favorite drink all winter long. Now we can make this delicious recipe at home with easy ingredients.
Peppermint Mocha Starbucks Recipe is a family favorite drink that we always get at Starbucks. The chocolate with the peppermint, drizzled with chocolate makes this drink so delicious.
Starbucks is our favorite place to grab a coffee drinks or treat as we are out running errands or kids activities. If you love Starbucks as much as we do, check out all of our Starbucks copycat recipes.
Since this is a seasonal item at Starbucks, you can only get it during the holiday months. Now with this easy ingredient recipe, you can make it all year long.
What does Starbucks Peppermint Mocha taste like?
There is nothing better than to start the holiday season is with this delicious Starbucks Peppermint Mocha. The flavors of chocolate, peppermint and whipped cream all combined to make the perfect holiday drink.
It taste like the holidays all wrapped up in a mug.
What is in a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha?
Over the years, Starbucks have perfected their popular drink. It starts with Starbucks espresso with mocha sauce. Add in peppermint syrup and steamed milk to make a delicious drink.
This seasonal drink is topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy cane for a tasty drink.
- Peppermint Extract
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whole Milk (frothed)
- Whipped Cream (for topping)
- Shaved Dark Chocolate (for topping)
How to Make Starbucks Peppermint Mocha:
- Step 1 – Put the espresso, peppermint extract and chocolate syrup in a cup of your choice. Stir to combine these ingredients.
- Step 2 – Steam and froth the milk. Add the milk to the cup.
- Step 3 – Garnish the whipped cream and the shaved dark chocolate.
- Step 4 – Enjoy!
- Froth Milk – Froth the milk by either using an electric brother, use a steam wand from an espresso machine, or simmer the milk on the stove top.
- Dark Chocolate Pieces – We use a vegetable peeler to shave off pieces of the Dark chocolate curls for the topping.
- Mocha Syrup – We used chocolate syrup but you can also use a mocha syrup. It does taste different than chocolate syrup but pairs perfectly with the peppermint flavors.
- Cocoa Powder – For more chocolate flavor, add in cocoa powder to the mix.
- Milk – We used whole milk in this recipe, but you can use any type of milk that you prefer. You can even make it dairy free by using almond milk or oat milk.
- Sugar Free – You can make this sugar free by switching out a few ingredients. Use sugar free chocolate syrup and swap at the milk for almond milk. Make sure you are also using sugar free whipped cream.
How to Make Espresso:
Espresso is a process of steaming coffee beans through a machine to make shots of espresso. If you do not have a espresso machine, you can still make this delicious drink.
- Drip Coffee Maker – You can make this drink with brewed coffee by making the coffee extra strong.
- Espresso Powder – Make coffee with espresso powder. It is a richer taste than regular coffee.
- Keurig Coffee – Use a K-cup to make this with a strong coffee.
Peppermint Mocha Topping Ideas:
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – This is delicious drizzled on top. This would be a nice variation to this drink. I love caramel sauce mixed with chocolate.
- Chocolate Syrup. This homemade chocolate Syrup would be delicious on top of this peppermint mocha.
- Homemade Whipped Cream. Making homemade whipped cream is delicious and easy to make. You can use the store bought whipped cream as well.
- Sprinkles – My kids love adding sprinkles to the top of their drink. That is why we love making drinks at home. We add change and add what we want.
- Candy Canes or Gluten Free Peppermint Sticks – You can also crush candy canes to sprinkle on top.
- Chocolate Chips – Try using an assortment. I like to use milk chocolate and white chocolate. Dark chocolate is also tasty.
Easy Starbucks Peppermint Mocha:
If you are looking for a simple Copycat Starbucks Peppermint Mocha, then this is the one to make. We love that it requires easy ingredients and we make it at home. This saves me time and money to be able to make this popular recipe at home.
This Peppermint Mocha can easily served in a mug and topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes. Grab the kids and make it a tradition to make this delicious drink before going to look at Christmas lights.
Print Recipe here for Starbucks Peppermint Mocha:
Starbucks Peppermint Mocha
- 2 shots Espresso
- 1/4 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Milk frothed
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Shaved Dark Chocolate for topping
- Put the espresso, peppermint extract and chocolate syrup in a cup of your choice. Stir to combine these ingredients.
- Steam and froth the milk. Add the milk to the cup.
- Top with the whipped cream and the shaved dark chocolate.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe