This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This refreshing and easy iced hot chocolate recipe is so amazing. We make this all of the time and the kids go crazy over it! Enjoy it iced or frozen.
Iced Hot Chocolate Recipe
I’m so excited to share with you this Iced Hot Chocolate Recipe. It is fantastic and I promise your kids are going to love it too!
I have showed you how to make Crock pot White Hot Chocolate and this new recipe is going to be another family favorite! It is so refreshing and creamy.
This recipe is sure to be a hit! Top with whipped cream if you like and it’s such a yummy treat.
I have been making my own whipped cream for years and it’s so much better than store bought if you want to try it!
Frozen Hot Chocolate
Sometimes, we even blend this recipe to make Frozen Hot Chocolate. I love recipes that can be served two ways!
Everything is the same except for the ice and other ingredients are blended together. Easy!
Whether you try the iced or blended version, you will love either one you try! This is a really fun drink to serve at parties.
I buy paper straws in bulk on Amazon and they are perfect to use with this recipe. You can purchase these at your local craft store or sometimes even dollar store.
However, the packages are small and I find I can get a much better deal on Amazon.
Everyone expects hot chocolate but not really Iced Hot Chocolate. It makes it a fun and different drink to surprise your family or friends with.
Let’s get started making iced hot chocolate.
I promise it so easy and will save you a ton of money from buying this at your local restaurant or cafe. We actually prefer making it at home and the kids get so excited.
Ice hot chocolate ingredients:
- Chocolate Nestle Quick
- Powdered milk (comes in a nice small 3.2 oz package)
- Powdered Sugar
- Non Dairy powdered creamer
- Whipped Topping
How to make iced hot chocolate:
1. First, mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Next, fill a measuring cup with 1 cup of hot water (hot tap water is perfect) and add ⅓ cup mix.
3. Stir well.4. Finally, pour over ice and serve with whipped topping if desired.Now it is time to enjoy!
You can’t go wrong either way you serve this. I’m serious! It’s going to be a hit!
Sometimes we drink it iced and sometimes we drink it frozen. I love having one recipe that is so easy to serve 2 completely different ways.
This is super easy, frugal and SO delicious! Give it a try.
Time Saver tip for Frozen Hot Chocolate:
I like to store my Frozen Hot Chocolate dry mix in a mason jar. It keeps it nice and fresh and if I just want to make one serving I can easily do that.
Sometimes I surprise the kids with this after school! You can use the small jars or you may like it so much you will want to double the recipe like I do and use a large jar. (These are the ones I use.)
It’s absolutely delicious. If I’m short on time, I will serve the Iced Hot Chocolate Recipe.
But if I have a little extra time or want something different, I will make Frozen Hot Chocolate.
My kids love to put a scoop of ice cream on top. This really can be made lots of different ways for such a decadent treat.
You can even use almond milk if you need to reduce or cut out the dairy. This recipe can work for the entire family!
This is absolutely delicious either way and such a fun treat. It is really frugal too and much cheaper than the store bought versions.
You can serve your family all one of these drinks for a fraction of the price of going out to buy one. Sounds like a win-win to me!
Another treat we love to make at home is this Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappucino Recipe. Start saving money today and make delicious treats at home.
Not only will you save money but get to enjoy great recipes. You might even find that you prefer the versions at home better!
I can’t wait for you to try it. Please make sure you come back and leave a comment to let us know how you liked this recipe.
Chocolate fans might also like this easy and delicious recipe for Chocolate Chip Muffins. Yum!
Print your Iced Hot Chocolate Recipe here:
Iced Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 3/4 cup chocolate nestle quick
- 1 cup powdered milk (comes in a nice small 3.2 oz package)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup non dairy powdered creamer
- whipped topping
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Fill a measuring cup with 1 cup of hot water (hot tap water is perfect) and add ⅓ cup mix.
- Stir well.
- Pour over ice and serve with whipped topping if desired.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
You might also like these drink ideas:
- Sparkling Crystal Light Recipe
- Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
- Easy Sonic Ocean Water Beverage Recipe
- Apple Spinach Green Smoothie Recipe
- Pink Lemonade Recipe
- Easy Raspberry Sherbet Punch Recipe
- Sherbet Punch Recipe
- Easy Grinch Punch Recipe
- Cherry Limeade Sherbert Punch Recipe
Try these other hot chocolate ideas:
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix recipe
- Iced Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 20 Amazing Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Hot Chocolate Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- Crock Pot White Hot Chocolate recipe