This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Easy Sonic Ocean Water Recipe is so easy to make. It is fun drink to serve for a hot summer day, a birthday party or just a fun time with friends.
Sonic Ocean Water Recipe:
We love to go to Sonic Fast Food Restaurant. It is a great place to get a refreshing summer drink and this Ocean Water drink or Cherry Limeades is always requested by my kids. If you have been reading my website for a while you know we love CopyCat recipes.
This copycat Sonic ocean water recipe is no different. You can make it at a fraction of the cost and it still tastes amazing! The ingredients are simple and the process is easy. My kids were so impressed they now request that I make it.
What is Sonic Ocean Water?
Sonic water is a refreshing drink sold at Sonic fast food restaurant. It is blue in color like the ocean but with a coconut flavor.
My family loves when I make this copycat beverage. It taste amazing and reminds us of sitting at the beach. This sweet, yummy drink that leaves you feeling like you are sitting by the ocean.
What is Sonic Ocean Water made of?
Once you get the ingredients for this Ocean Water they will last you for awhile. This drink consist of Sprite, Sugar, and Coconut Extract. Coconut Extract can be found on the baking isle or you can order off of Amazon.
Add in some blue food coloring and you now have Ocean Water. This blue coconut drink will be loved by all.
Ingredients for Ocean Water:
- Coconut Extract I buy mine on Amazon here
- Blue Food Coloring
- Sprite – Any lemon lime soda will work.
How to Make Sonic Ocean Water:
- Step 1 – Mix water and sugar – Combine water and sugar in microwavable bowl. Make sure sugar dissolves.
- Step 2 – Heat Sugar and water – Microwave for 45 seconds and stir to create a simple syrup.
- Step 3 – Make the drink blue – Allow to cool completely. Add in the food coloring and coconut extract. Mix well.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Add your syrup to cold Sprite and serve over ice.
This coconut flavoring extract is what pulls all the ingredients together to make this drink. A little bit of this coconut extract goes along ways when adding to your drink. So take it easy when adding to your drink; it is very strong.
You can always add more so start with 1 teaspoon and add more if you need it. We love coconut but we still have to be careful how much we add.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This blue drink is best to serve on the day you make it. You can make it up to a day ahead and store in the refrigerator.
How to Serve Sonic Ocean Water
I’ve gotten a few questions on where you can buy the pretty straws and the fun lids to the mason jars. I actually bought them on Amazon:
- Striped Straws start out at $4.99 for a pack of 144
- Polka Dot Straws are on sale too! This would be fun to place in fun glasses.
- The Flower Mason Jar Lids are also a great price. There are several on sale right now. We just love using these at parties.
- Serve Cold – Pour this delicious Sonic Ocean Water over ice for a refreshing drink.
- Make Slushie – We love slushies with this ocean water. Place the ocean water in a glass and place in the freezer. It will take about an hour and the results are a delicious slushie.
- Popsicles – If you have some popsicle molds, pour the ocean water into the molds. Allow the popsicles to freeze overnight. Surprise the kids with an afternoon treat.
How to Store:
This kid friendly drink can be stored in a pitcher and placed in the refrigerator. Make sure you enjoy within about 2 days of making the Ocean Water.
This Ocean Water can also be frozen but may loose some of the carbonation when serving.
Print Recipe here for Easy Sonic Ocean Water:
Easy Sonic Ocean Water Recipe
- 3 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Coconut Extract
- 4 drops Blue Food Coloring
- 24 oz Sprite (can be 3 cans or from a 2-liter that you can get for cheap)
- Combine water and sugar in microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 45 seconds and stir to create a simple syrup.
- Allow to cool completely. Add in the food coloring and coconut extract. Mix well.
- Add your syrup to cold Sprite and serve over ice.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try my other delicious drink recipes:
- CopyCat Chick-Fil-A Lemonade Recipe
- Sparkling Crystal Light Recipe
- Copycat Sonic Slushes
- The World’s Best Party Punch Recipe!