This Easy Sonic Ocean Water Recipe is so easy to make. It is fun drink to serve for a hot summer day, a birthday party or just a fun time with friends.
Sonic Ocean Water Recipe:
We love to go to Sonic Fast Food Restaurant. It is a great place to get a refreshing summer drink and this Ocean Water drink or Cherry Limeades is always requested by my kids. If you have been reading my website for a while you know we love CopyCat recipes.
This copycat Sonic ocean water recipe is no different. You can make it at a fraction of the cost and it still tastes amazing! The ingredients are simple and the process is easy. My kids were so impressed they now request that I make it.
I now make it when we have a get-together. I love serving kid friendly drinks for the kids and they think I am pretty cool for making a Sonic drink.
What is Sonic Ocean Water?
Sonic water is a refreshing drink sold at Sonic fast food restaurant. It is blue in color like the ocean but with a coconut flavor.
My family loves when I make this copycat beverage. It taste amazing and reminds us of sitting at the beach. This sweet, yummy drink that leaves you feeling like you are sitting by the ocean.
What is Sonic Ocean Water made of?
Once you get the ingredients for this Ocean Water they will last you for awhile. This drink consist of Sprite, Sugar, and Coconut Extract. Coconut Extract can be found on the baking isle or you can order off of Amazon.
Add in some blue food coloring and you now have Ocean Water. This blue coconut drink will be loved by all.
Ingredients for Ocean Water:
- Coconut Extract I buy mine on Amazon here
- Blue Food Coloring
- Sprite – Any lemon lime soda will work.
How to make Sonic Ocean Water:
- Mix water and sugar – Combine water and sugar in microwavable bowl. Make sure sugar dissolves.
- Heat Sugar and water – Microwave for 45 seconds and stir to create a simple syrup.
- Make the drink blue – Allow to cool completely. Add in the food coloring and coconut extract. Mix well.
- Servin and Enjoy – Add your syrup to cold Sprite and serve over ice.
This coconut flavoring extract is what pulls all the ingredients together to make this drink. A little bit of this coconut extract goes along ways when adding to your drink. So take it easy when adding to your drink; it is very strong.
You can always add more so start with 1 teaspoon and add more if you need it. We love coconut but we still have to be careful how much we add.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This blue drink is best to serve on the day you make it. You can make it up to a day ahead and store in the refrigerator.
How to serve?
I’ve gotten a few questions on where you can buy the pretty straws and the fun lids to the mason jars. I actually bought them on Amazon:
- Striped Straws start out at $4.99 for a pack of 144
- Polka Dot Straws are on sale too!
- The Flower Mason Jar Lids are also a great price. There are several on sale right now. We just love using these at parties.
We love copycat recipes!
CopyCat rcipes are a great way to enjoy your favorite restaurant beverages and foods at home. By avoiding eating out, you are saving your family a lot of money. The savings will really add up. By adding in new and fun recipes to your weekly menu, your family will WANT to stay home and eat more often.
Check out more copycat recipes here.
A fun Party drink!
We love to have people over rather it is to watch the big game or to hang out by the blue. We love making this drink for the kids. But I must say, the adults love it to. We always have fun glasses and straws to pull this fun party drink together.
The next time you need to serve a party drink, make this easy drink. Your guest will be so impressed that they are drinking the famous Sonic Ocean Water at your house.
Easy Sonic Ocean Water Recipe
- 3 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Coconut Extract
- 4 drops Blue Food Coloring
- 24 oz Sprite (can be 3 cans or from a 2-liter that you can get for cheap)
- Combine water and sugar in microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 45 seconds and stir to create a simple syrup.
- Allow to cool completely. Add in the food coloring and coconut extract. Mix well.
- Add your syrup to cold Sprite and serve over ice.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe