This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These Copycat Sonic Slushes is perfect for the summer season. They are loaded with flavor and easy to make. Now you can make your favorite slush at home with these easy copycat recipes.
Easy Copycat Sonic Slush Recipes:
My kids love to go to Sonic drive-in fast food for the for their refreshing fruit flavors slushes. I usually get a soft drink, but have been enjoying their refreshing fun slushes.
These copycat Sonic Slushes are easy to make and are packed with the perfect amount of sweetness. It saves me time and money by making their favorite slushes at home.
With the excitement of summertime upon us, reward the kids with their favorite slush. All you need is 4 simple ingredients to make sonic slushies at home.
What is a Slush at Sonic?
The Sonic Slush is an iconic drink that you can off their regular sonic menu or sonic app. The delicious menu items are flavored with syrup and combined with crushed ice cubes.
There are many different add-ins and flavors you can get. The options are endless.
- Granulated Sugar
- Packet Kool Aid Packets (any flavor)
How to Make a Sonic Slush:
- Step 1- Add Ingredients and Blend – Add all the ice, water and sugar blend. Then add in the the kool aid drink packets. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Step 2 – Serve and Enjoy – Pour the mixture into 2 serving cups and enjoy!
What can you add into Sonic Slushes?
The options are endless to how you make your Sonic Slushes. These are some of my kids favorites.
- Sweet and Sour Nerds
- Real Strawberries
- Rainbow Candy
- Pop Rocks
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Powdered Drink Mix
This is why we love making the copycat version because my kids can add what that want. This has become the perfect summertime treat as we are at the pool.
Why we Love Copycat Sonic Slushes:
- Simple Ingredients – You only need a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at the store.
- Budget Friendly – Kool-Aid Packets are very inexpensive which makes this the perfect drink to enjoy all summer long.
- Light and Refreshing – You can easily beat the heat this summer with this copycat slush.
- Variations – We love that we can add in flavored syrup, candy, or real fruit to make it our own.
- Change the Flavors – You can easily make these with your favorite Kool-aid or drink mix flavors.
- Adding the Ingredients – When adding the ingredients make sure to use a measuring cup to add in the ice water. You may need to add more or less depending on how much liquid you use.
- Serving – I like to serve these slushies in a fun mason jars with fun straws. It makes them that more special and perfect for when serving to guests.
- Adding Toppings – Feel free to make the ultimate slushie by adding in candy, whipped cream, or sprinkles.
- Flavored Syrup – If you want to add more flavor add in tablespoon flavored syrup, flavored extract, or fresh limes or lemons
- Make a Float – Make a float with ice cream by adding it to the blender.
What is the Best Blender to use for Slushes?
When making this slushie, I recommend using a good blender. We love our Vitamix blender. It does cost a little bit more than a regular blender, but it will last you forever.
They are durable and I think it makes a difference when making these slushies. I love using a Vitamix to make my daily smoothies.
What are all the Flavors of Sonic Slushes?
Their are many slushes option when you go to Sonic. Which makes it that much better to make them at home. You can easily add in real fruit or use different kool aid packets.
These are some of our favorites.
- Ocean Water
- Powerade Mountain Berry Blast Slush
- Blue Coconut Slush
- Candy Slushes
- Pineapple Real Fruit Slush
- Strawberry Real Fruit Slush
- Red Bull Slush
- Cherry Limeade Slush
- Lemon Berry Slush
- Classic Lemonade Slush
- Grape Slush
More Sonic Slush Variations:
Using the Kool Aid Packets allows you to re-create some of your favorite slushes that you get at Sonic. This refreshing drink is the perfect to cool off this summer.
What is your favorite Slush to make? Try these other variations to cool off in the warmer months.
- Blue Raspberry Slush
- Green Apple
- Orange Slush
- Watermelon Slush
- Pickle Juice Slush
Can you Freeze a Sonic Slush?
We recommend to enjoy these slushes when they are made. But if you do have leftovers, store in the freezer..
How to Store Leftovers:
These are best served immediately or within 3 hours if refrigerated. But you can store the leftovers in the freezer for a few days.
The Perfect Summertime Drink:
If you are tired of paying a lot of money for your frozen classic limeade or frozen cherry lemonade. Make your slush at home. You can easily make a cranberry or a diet cherry slush and save time and money.
These are the perfect drinks to serve for a kids birthday or hanging by the pool. Mixing with Kool Aid Packets makes them budget friendly and lots of options to choose from.
Print Recipe for Copycat Sonic Slushes:
Copycat Sonic Slushes
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups Ice
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 packet Kool-aid any flavor
- Add all the ingredients to a blend. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Pour the mixture into 2 serving cups and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe