This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Coke Slushie Recipe is the perfect drink to cool down with on a hot summer day. If you have a coke, ice and a blender then this recipe is for you.
Coke Slushie Recipe:
I have always wondered how to make a coke slushie. I know my kids love heading to the local convenience store to have a coca cola slushie, slurpee, or icee drink. It is always a refreshing to drink to cool down with.
I love to recreate our favorite foods and drink at our favorite food places. We usually find that they taste better and it actually saves me money. This Coke Slushie Recipe is no exception.
This slushie recipe is easy to make and you only need 2 ingredients and a blender. You can use can or bottle of coke.
Coke Slurpee Copycat Recipe:
This copycat coke slurpee recipe is a crowd pleaser for kids and adults. During the summer months my kids start freezing coke ice cubes. If these coke ice cubes are already prepare it makes easy to make a slurpee anytime.
Getting a slurpee at the convenient store use to be a Friday treat. Now, they make them so they can have them anytime.
My favorite thing about this slushie recipe is, we can use any flavor of drink. The orange soda is one of our favorites.
- Coca Cola
- Large Ice Cubes
How to make a Slushie with Soda:
- Prepare the Coke Ice Cubes – Pour 1 of the room temperature regular coke into ice cube tray and freeze. If you don’t have any ice cube trays, you can place in a shallow dish.
- Freeze Coke Ice Cubes – Put in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight to get to the freezing point. Make sure that they are fully frozen coke.
- Blend Ingredients – Then place the other can of coke in a blender, top with the frozen Coca Cola ice cube and the regular ice cubes as well.
- Put Slushie into Glasses – Blend until well combined and then move to serving glass for an instant slushie.
- Serve and Enjoy – Enjoy immediately while frozen with a spoon or a straw.
How long do you Freeze a Coke to make a Slushie?
Freezing the coke ice cubes takes about hours. My recommendation is preparing the ice cubes the night before and letting the freeze overnight.
This keeps my kids from continually opening the freezes checking on the progress of the ice cubes.
- Diet Coke Slushie
- Mountain Dew Slushie
- Orange Slushie
- Root Beer Slushie
A Good Blender is a Must:
When making this slushie, I recommend using a good blender. We love our Vitamix blender. It does cost a little bit more than a regular blender, but it will last you forever.
They are durable and I think it makes a difference when making these slushies. I love using a Vitamix to make my daily smoothies.
Can I use an Ice Cream Maker?
Yes, if you have a KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker then you can use it make this coke slushie. Using the ice cream maker attachment does help the slushie to be a thicker and slushy consistency.
A great drink for a crowd!
The next time you have a cookout or your kids birthday party, make these coke slushies. Serve them with fun straws and cups and the kids will love them.
You can even use you kids favorite drink or fruit to make this slushie. The options are endless and a great drink for your next get together.
Print Recipe for Coke Slushie:
Coca Cola Slushie Recipe
- 2 cans of Coca Cola 12 oz each
- 8 Large Ice Cubes
- Pour 1 of the cans of coca cola into an ice cube tray and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Make sure that they are fully frozen.
- Then place the other can of coke in a blender, top with the frozen Coca Cola ice cube and the regular ice cubes as well.
- Blend until well combined and then move to serving glass.
- Enjoy immediately while frozen with a spoon or a straw.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe