Lime Water recipe is perfectly infused with lime for a refreshing drink. The citrus flavor enhances the water making it a great choice for hydration.
Lime Water recipe
Water is a great source of many benefits. However, plain water can often be hard to drink after a few glasses. Many people need something to add a little flavor.
I have found that it is easy to drink lime water. The thin slices of lime add the perfect amount of flavor. The water tastes amazing and it is so easy to stay hydrated.
Lime infused water is simple to make and perfect for a hot day. Everyone will love it.
What are the benefits of putting lime in your water?
- Digestive health. Lime helps to stimulate the digestive tract as well as regulate.
- Antioxidants. This fruit provides antioxidants which help your overall health.
- Reduces inflammation. This is a great drink to help joint pain and stiffness caused by high levels of inflammation in the body.
- Boosts immune system. Citrus is a good source of Vitamin C and that helps to boost the immune system.
- Improves skin. Staying well hydrated helps to improve the appearance of your skin.
There are many benefits of drinking lime water. These are just a few but definitely make drinking this even better.
I love knowing that I am helping many different aspects as well as hydrating my body.
- Fresh Sprigs of Mint (optional)
How do you make lime water?
- Juice the limes for the recipe. Squeeze the juice from 5 of the limes into a large pitcher.
- Add water and ice. Top the lime juice with the water and ice.
- Slice the limes. Slice the remaining 2 limes and place the lime slices in the cold water.
- Refrigerate the water. Chill for 20-30 minutes and then the lime water is ready to serve. Serve topped with the sprigs of mint and enjoy!
Mint is optional but looks pretty as a garnish and tastes great too.
Print recipe below.
How to make a single glass of lime water:
- Juice a portion of the lime. Squeeze ½ of the lime juice directly into a glass.
- Add water and ice. We used 8 to 10 ounces of water with a few ice cubes.
How long will lime water last?
This water is best served the same day but you can refrigerate it for up to 3 days. It is very simple to make so I find it easy to make a fresh pitcher every morning.
The limes will get mushy after a day.
How to make sparkling lime water?
Simply substitute sparkling water instead of plain water. Combine as normal.
This is a great way to enjoy the fizz of soda without the sugar and calories. I drink this often when the craving hits for soda.
It is so easy because you can actually just make a glass if you don’t want to make an entire pitcher. This is my preferred method when using sparkling water.
Keep in mind that it will go flat if you make a large pitcher and do not serve it right away. If I don’t plan to drink it immediately, it is normally best to just make a single serve glass.
Feel free to do what is best for you.
Lime Water addition Ideas:
- Lemons. You can also add lemons to change up the flavor of this easy lime water.
- Mint leaves. Fresh mint is delightful with lime.
- Freeze lime slices. You can freeze lime slices in ice cube trays. Not only does this look pretty but it adds more flavor and keeps the water cold.
- Sparkling Water. Substitute sparkling water instead of plain for a tasty alternative to soda.
There are several different variations you can try with this delicious lime water. It is fun to change the flavor and try new things.
My favorite variation is to add sparkling water. The carbonation is what I love most about soda and this is a tasty alternative. Plus, it is very quick and easy to prepare.
Stay hydrated with Lime Water.
This is a fantastic way to make sure you get your daily dose of water. It is perfectly infused with lime and provides many added health benefits.
Give this a try for a delicious and refreshing drink. It is effortless to make and everyone will enjoy it.
Print this Lime Water Recipe below:
- 7 Limes
- 10 cups Water
- Fresh Sprigs of Mint optional
- Squeeze the juice from 5 of the limes into a large pitcher. Top with the water and ice.
- Slice the remaining 2 limes and place the lime slices in the water.
- Chill for 20-30 minutes and then the lime water is ready to serve. Serve topped with the sprigs of mint and enjoy!
- This water is best served the same day but you can refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe