This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Watermelon Water is a refreshing drink with only a few simple ingredients. Aqua Fresca is super easy to make and perfect for a hot day.
Whether you call this Watermelon Water or Aqua Fresca, this delicious recipe will be a hit. It is made simply by combining 3 ingredients. The results are a refreshing watermelon drink everyone will enjoy.
The watermelon flavor is amazing. It is perfect for parties, cookouts or just for an afternoon pick me up.
Why drink watermelon water?
It keeps your skin well hydrated and moisturized. Watermelon water is also a source of amino acids, vitamin A and C.
So, not only is this drink delicious but it is good for you as well. It is a a great choice to beat the heat during the Summer and helps to provide electrolytes.
Watermelons are mostly water so it is a great fruit to enjoy.
How to choose the best watermelon?
- Look for a yellow field spot on the bottom of the watermelon. This means it is ripe and ready to enjoy. Whereas a white spot means it is not ripe.
- Thump the watermelon. If it sounds hollow when doing so, it is ripe, juicy and perfect to enjoy.
- Avoid watermelon that has odd shapes or irregularities. This could mean the fruit didn’t receive proper amounts of water.
- Look for dark green and dull colored watermelons for the best fruit.
- Choose a heavy watermelon. This means more water and a juicer fruit.
Ingredients in watermelon water:
- Fresh Watermelon, diced into small pieces
- Lime, Juiced
How to make watermelon water
- Cut the watermelon into chunks. I like to dice into small sized chunks of fruit.
- Blend the ingredients. Place all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth for 10 to 20 seconds. The mixture should be pureed and combined.
- Chill the drink for best flavor. Then place the watermelon juice in a pitcher and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Serve over ice and enjoy!
Jump to recipe for the complete juice recipe and nutrition information.
How to serve?
The drink is best served cold. If you can’t wait to refrigerate this, at least serve the drink over ice.
Garnish each cup with fresh lime slices, more watermelon or anything you prefer.
It is not necessary to garnish but it sure looks so pretty. This is especially a nice touch for parties.
- Sweetener. If you prefer sweeter watermelon water, add ¼ cup of sugar to the blender prior to pureeing. However, I often find that when I use a sweet watermelon, it isn’t necessary to add sugar.
- Strainer. You can use a fine mesh strainer to eliminate some of the pulp in the drink. This is based on preference and totally optional.
How to store:
This water is best served fresh. However, you can also store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
The water will separate some when stored. Blending the watermelon or mixing thoroughly before serving is necessary.
- Sparkling Water. Substitute this instead of plain water for an added treat. The fizz is so refreshing.
- Sugar. You can add sugar to taste for a sweeter Aqua Fresca drink.
- Mint. Fresh mint combines with watermelon for a great flavor. It is also perfect to garnish with.
- Frozen drink. Try freezing the watermelon chunks in the freezer prior to blending. This will result in a frozen type drink that has an even more refreshing texture.
- Sea Salt. If you normally sprinkle salt on your watermelon, try sprinkling a little on your drink. Just a pinch will do the trick and it really helps to enhance the flavor.
Watermelon Agua Fresca is amazing.
It is so easy to make and turns out so refreshing. The flavor is perfect and we love it to beat the heat.
The drink is so vibrant and pretty while tasting even better. It is also one of the easiest vegan recipes if you are looking for vegan options.
Make this Agua de Sandia for a drink the entire family can enjoy. It is inexpensive to make and takes very little time to prepare. It results in an amazing drink.
Try it today and see how awesome this recipe is.
Print this Watermelon Water Recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups Watermelon diced into small pieces
- 4 cups Water
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend for 10-20 seconds until pureed and combined.
- Then place the water in a pitcher and chill for 2-3 hours. Serve over ice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More watermelon recipes:
- Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
- Homemade Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
- The Best Homemade Watermelon Popsicles