This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for the perfect summer salad recipe, make this Watermelon Feta Salad. Make this salad for your next backyard BBQ.
The Best Feta Watermelon Salad Recipe:
Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe is a delicious summer side dishes that is easy to make. The sweet watermelon is combined with red onions, cheese and lime juice dressing.
The sweet and salty combination of the ingredients makes this salad so refreshing. The flavor is amazing and the fresh watermelon is amazing in this salad.
This quick and easy salad will be a hit at your next BBQ. It is the ultimate fresh salad that is the perfect amount of sweetness. Serve with your favorite grilled meat for a crowd pleasing treat and summer meal.
What is Watermelon Feta Salad?
This Watermelon Feta Salad is the perfect summer salad. It is made with cubes of melon, feta cheese and topped with a vinaigrette dressing. You may also see it topped with extra virgin olive oil.
This refreshing salad combines the sweetness of the seedless watermelon and salty cheese. It is light and perfect to enjoy all summer long.
- Ripe Watermelon (diced)
- Fresh Basil Leaves (sliced)
- Feta Cheese
- Red Onion (sliced)
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil
- Limes (juiced)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How to Make Watermelon Feta Salad:
- Step 1 – Dice Watermelon – Dice the watermelon and arrange it on the platter. Top with the sliced red onions.
- Step 2 – Combine Dressing – Place the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Step 3 – Top the Watermelon – Drizzle the dressing on top of the watermelon.
- Step 4 – Add Basil and Feta Cheese – Top with sliced basil leaves and feta cheese.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve chilled and enjoy.
How to Find a Ripe Watermelon:
Since this salads main ingredient is the watermelon, it is important to buy a ripe watermelon.
- Watermelon Season – The best time to make this salad is during the summer. It is the best time to get a delicious watermelon.
- Field Spot – When I am picking the best watermelon, I look for the field spot on the watermelon. This is the spot that the watermelon was resting on the ground. If the spot is yellow, then it is ripe but if it is white then it is unripe.
- Pick a Heavy Watermelon – If you pick a watermelon that is heavy, then you know that it is juicy. That is the best watermelon to pick for this recipe.
What is the Best Feta Cheese to Buy?
Feta Cheese is another key ingredient in this recipe. We recommend buying quality feta cheese. You want to buy crumbled feta cheese that in the form of a block. Make sure it is the full fat kind.
Make sure the feta cheese is not made of cows milk as this is not true feta. Most grocery stores have a cheese counter that will have the best feta cheese to buy for this this refreshing salad.
Why do people eat Watermelon with Feta?
The sweet and salty combination of the cheese and watermelon makes this salad so delicious. This salad is the perfect summertime meal.
Can you Make Watermelon Feta Salad ahead of time?
Watermelon Feta Salad is best served immediately combining the ingredients. If you want you can prepare the watermelon by cutting into chunks.
You can also use a melon baller to cut the watermelon into bite size pieces. Then store the watermelon in a air tight container until ready to make the salad.
- Layer Salad – We recommend layering this salad on a platter. Instead of mixing in a large bowl so that the watermelon doesn’t fall apart.
- Drain Watermelon – If you are preparing the watermelon in advance, drain the juices from the watermelon.
- Dressing Ingredients – Mix the dressing ingredients together in a food processor. This allows for the dressing to combine evenly.
- Serving – This salad is best served immediately chilled.
- Cheese – Feta cheese is what we prefer in this recipe, but you can also top with goat cheese.
- Fresh Basil – Instead of using fresh basil, top the feta salad with fresh mint leaves. Feta and mint is delicious together. There are many fresh herbs that can added to this salad.
- Dressing – You can easily use a different type of dressing over this salad. Toss with a balsamic vinegar, honey-lime dressing or a red wine vinegar.
- Lemon Juice – If you do not have a lime, use lemon juice instead. We recommend using fresh lemons when making the dressing.
- Top with Nuts – For some extra crunch, top the salad with some chopped pecans, sliced almonds, or chopped walnuts.
- Other Add-ins – To add to this refreshing salad, add in some slice cucumbers, strawberries and arugula. Watermelon and cucumber is the perfect combination.
How to Store Watermelon Salad with Feta Leftovers:
Watermelon Salad with Feta is only good for about 2 days when stored in airtight container.
Print Recipe for Watermelon Feta Salad:
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 8 cups Ripe Watermelon diced
- 6 Basil Leaves sliced
- 1 ½ cups Feta Cheese
- ½ Red Onion sliced
- Dice the watermelon and arrange it on the platter. Top with the sliced red onions.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the watermelon.
- Top with sliced basil leaves and feta cheese.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe