This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Broccoli Salad Recipe combines all of the flavors you love, crunchy, sweet, and salty into one amazing salad. The creamy dressing is unbelievably delicious. It will become an instant favorite that is requested over and over again.
Everyone always asks for the recipe for this broccoli salad when I serve this. There is just something about the tangy and sweet dressing with the crunchy fresh broccoli that everyone absolutely loves.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Creamy Salad:
Give this a try and you will know why it’s called The Best Broccoli Salad Recipe. When it comes to summer salad recipes, this is definitely one of my favorites.
This easy broccoli salad recipe is perfect to serve for the holiday or your next potlucks.
Ingredients for Creamy Broccoli Salad:
- Cut Heads of Broccoli Florets; cut into smaller, bite-size pieces
- Matchstick Carrots
- Diced Red Onion
- Apple Cider Vinegar (red wine vinegar works, too!)
- Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- Real Bacon Pieces (about 4 strips)
- Sunflower Seeds
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the recipe card for the full recipe.
- Plain Greek Yogurt – For a lighter variation, you can use yogurt instead of mayo. You can also add in a tsp of Dijon Mustard.
- Cheese – Feel free to mix in sharp cheddar cheese to this classic broccoli salad recipe.
- Nuts – We love the addition of the sunflower seeds but slice almonds are also a great addition.
- Veggies – Feel free to add in other broccoli slaw to the mixture. We have added in red and green bell peppers for added flavor and taste.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Toss the florets into the boiling water and blanch for about 3 minutes. Cook until they’re slightly softened and bright green. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Step 2 – Add raw broccoli, red onion and carrots to a mixing bowl. Mix well in a large bowl.
Step 3 – In a small bowl, combine mayo, sugar and vinegar and mix well.
Step 4 – Combine broccoli mixture with broccoli salad dressing and mix well.
Step 5 – Stir in raisins, bacon and sunflower seeds.
Step 6 – Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Broccoli – We recommend wash and chop broccoli ahead of time. This ensure that the broccoli drains properly.
- Serving – We like to combine the ingredients a few hours before serving and store in fridge. This allows for the the salad ingredients to marinate together for the best flavor.
Can I Make Ahead of Time?
You can prepare the salad up to 24 hours ahead of time if mixing in the dressing. But you can also cut and prepare the veggies then add in the dressing if you want make it further ahead of time.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store you leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. If the salad is stored properly, it will last up to 4 days.
More Easy Salad Recipes:
- Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe
- Cucumber Onion Salad Recipe
- 3 Bean Salad Recipe
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad
If you make this creamy broccoli salad recipe, make sure to leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe
- While you're chopping up your broccoli florets, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Toss the florets into the boiling water and blanch for about 3 minutes, or until they're slightly softened and bright green. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Add broccoli, carrots and onion to a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar and mix well. Add to the broccoli mixture and mix well.
- Stir in raisins, bacon and sunflower seeds. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe