This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Easy Orange Water Recipe is refreshing with the perfect hint of citrus. Jazz up regular water with this tasty combination of orange and mint.
Easy Orange Water Recipe
Orange infused water is so much more fun to drink than plain water. If you are having trouble meeting your daily water intake, give this flavored water a try.
The combination of orange and mint is so delicious and refreshing.
What is fruit infused water?
Infused water is just water with fruit, vegetables or herbs mixed in. We used fruit in this recipe to make a delicious citrus infused drink.
It is simple to make and only takes 3 ingredients including the optional mint. It is absolutely effortless to make fruit infused water. This beverage also looks so pretty served at special occasions and more.
- Oranges, sliced
- Cold Water
- Mint Leaves (optional)
How to make orange infused water:
- Prepare the oranges. Wash and slice both oranges.
- Get out a large pitcher to make this recipe. Add the sliced oranges to a pitcher. Then add in the cold water.
- Chill the water. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. You can use us a wooden spoon to slightly mash the oranges to release the juices from the them.
- Garnish each glass. Serve topped with the mint leaves and enjoy! You can also put a few mint leaves in the water for a stronger mint taste. It is delicious.
How long can you leave orange slices in water?
The orange slices can stay about 12 hours in the water. After that, the water will start to taste bitter.
While the water tastes better from being refrigerated and enhances the flavor, you don’t want to leave it too long.
This drink is so easy to make that you can effortlessly whip this up each morning. It requires minimum ingredients and effort.
How to store:
The longer the water is refrigerated before it’s served, the better it will taste!
This orange water is best served the same day but you can also refrigerate the water for up to 5 days.
Orange Infused water benefits:
- Orange Water helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
- It is easier to drink more water each day. The flavor is so tasty so everyone will be eager to refill their glasses.
- Benefits of orange include extra vitamin C.
- It may help to lower blood pressure.
- Citric Acid in oranges may help to prevent kidney stones.
- Limonene is found in the peeling of oranges which help to protect your skin.
- This drink naturally helps you to increase your vitamin intake.
As you can see, there are numerous benefits to drinking orange infused water with mint. Not only is it delicious but beneficial as well.
Orange water tips:
- Refrigerate before serving. The flavor is enhanced after being in the fridge for several hours.
- Combine mint and orange. The combination of both is delicious. You definitely want to add fresh mint to the pitcher of water or individual glasses.
- Mash the fruit. Slightly mash the orange slices with the back of a wooden spoon. This will help to release more of the juices for a more flavorful drink.
- Bruise mint leaves. This will make the mint flavor stronger in the water.
- Coconut Water. Substitute plain water for coconut water.
- Sparkling water. This is a great way to avoid drinking soda and satisfy your carbonation craving. Instead of water add your favorite brand of sparkling water.
- Try adding fresh basil. For a new flavor twist, add basil instead of mint to the water.
This drink is so refreshing.
It is easy to make and tastes great. Orange infused water has the perfect hint of citrus without being overbearing.
I have found this is an effortless way to get children to drink more water. The flavor is so delicious that everyone will eagerly meet their daily water goals.
If you are looking for something easy, tasty and inexpensive to make, this is the recipe to try. It is all around wonderful.
What is your favorite type of infused water to make?
Print this Orange infused water recipe below:
- 2 Oranges sliced
- 8 cups Cold Water
- 5 Mint Leaves optional
- Wash and slice both oranges.
- Add the sliced oranges to a pitcher. Then add in the cold water. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. You can use us a wooden spoon to slightly mash the oranges to release the juices from the them.
- Serve topped with the mint leaves and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More fruit infused waters:
- Fruit infused water recipe
- Lime Water recipe
- Mint Water Recipe
- Cucumber Lemon Water
- Strawberry Water recipe
- See Delicious Flavored Water Recipes for more ideas.