This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Orange Julius is a delicious and refreshing drink that is loaded with flavor. This classic mall drink is easy to make with simple ingredients.
Original Orange Julius Recipe:
If you ever got the classic Orange Julius drink at the mall food court, then you know all about this delicious frothy drink. Now you can make Homemade Orange Julius with only a few ingredients.
This quick and easy drink brings back so memories when I was a kid. I am glad make my childhood favorite drink for my kids. This orange drink is cool, refreshing and the perfect amount of sweetness.
If you are looking for a delicious drink to enjoy by the pool this summer, make this classic Orange Julius. Serve in a fun clear glass with orange slices for a creamy, refreshing drink.
What is an Orange Julius?
Orange Julius is a classic mall drink that we would always get back in my teenage years. But with simple ingredients you can now make it at home.
This classic drink is a cross between a drink, milkshake, and smoothie. The drink is blended with ice, milk, and the key ingredient orange juice concentrate. It is very similar to a orange creamsicle.
Some recipes show that the original Orange Julius was made with raw eggs. We think it is just as delicious without it.
Orange Julius Ingredients:
- Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make an Orange Julius:
- Step 1 – Blend Ingredients – Place the vanilla, ice, orange juice concentrate, milk and sugar in a blender. Blend the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Step 2 – Serve – Serve immediately while cold and enjoy.
Can I Make this Drink with other types of Milk?
Yes, you can use other types of milk to make this Orange Julius Drink. These are some of our other recommendations:
- Soy Milk
- Regular Milk
- Nut Milk
Tips for Copycat Orange Julius Recipe:
- Drink Texture – You can add more ice if you want it thicker or add a small amount of water and blend if you want the drink to be thinner.
- Orange Juice Concentrate – Use the concentrate from the can, you will not dilute with water. This is what gives the drink so much flavor.
- Milk – We like using whole milk for the rich, creamy texture. But you can also use skim milk or 2% milk.
- Ice Cubes – We used crushed ice, but you can use cubed ice. We like that the crushed ice as it gives the drink the perfect texture.
A Good Blender is a Must:
We use our blender frequently so it’s really worth it to me to have a good one. You don’t save any money in the long run if you keep having to replace your blender. So, just buy a good from the start.
I have a Vitamix and I love it, it is worth the investment as it will last forever. It is old and is still going on strong. This blender is definitely an investment but it does not disappoint.
Now if a Vitamix isn’t in your budget, then I recommend a Waring professional blender. They are going to get the job done and you can get them for as low as $50.
What type of Glass to Serve this Orange Julius Drink?
Really any glass will work for this recipe, but we like to serve in a tall clear glass. This way you can see the orange color.
When I am serving to friends and family, I like to serve with fun straws and a orange slice.
- Add in Other Fruit – We love the orange flavor, but you can easily add in other fruits. Bananas, strawberries, or pineapple for added flavor to the orange juice.
- Milk – If you need to have a dairy free drink, you can use almond milk or oat milk. Coconut milk would be delicious a substitute.
- Fresh Orange Juice – Fresh Orange Juice can be used instead of the orange juice concentrate. The orange flavor may not be as strong and the consistency will be thinner. But it will be still be delicious. Substitute with 2 cups of orange juice for the concentrate ingredient.
- Creamy Variation – If you would like a creamier version, substitute with Greek yogurt for the milk and ice.
- Popsicles – For a delicious summer frozen treat, you can pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
- Egg Whites – The classic Orange Juice was made with raw eggs. If you prefer to add eggs to your drink, we recommend using egg white powder.
- Sugar – We used white sugar in this recipe, but you can also substitute for honey or other sugar substitute.
Can I Make this Drink ahead of time?
This Pink Drink is best served immediately after preparing, so we do not recommend preparing ahead of time.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store any leftovers by freezing it. It’s easy to freeze in a popsicle mold which becomes a delicious refreshing drink.
This Orange Julius is best served fresh, but you can store the leftovers in the fridge for about a day.
Easy Orange Julius Drink:
The classic Orange Julius Drink may not be available at the malls food court anymore, but that shouldn’t stop you from getting your favorite drink. Make this drink at home, bring back so many memories.
I am glad that I can now share with my kids my favorite drink that I would get as a teenage. I like adding in some strawberries for added flavor. That is why I love making copycat recipes, as I can change the recipe.
Serve this classic drink the next time you kids have their friends over. I am sure they will love this delicious drink as much as you did.
Print Recipe here for Orange Julius:
- 6 ounces Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Ice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately while cold and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Drink Recipes:
- Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Pineapple Lemonade Recipe
- Starbucks Cotton Candy Frappuccino Recipe