This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Homemade Limeade is the perfect summer drink. It is light, refreshing and easy to make. If you are looking to beat the heat this summer, make this limeade drink.
The Best Homemade Limeade Recipe:
We love having summer BBQs in the backyard with our friends and family. This homemade limeade is always served because of how light, refreshing and delicious it is.
The refreshing beverages is perfect for the kids and adults too. You will love the taste and how delicious it is on a hot summer days. This limeade recipe is perfect as it is but can easily be changed.
We love to garnish the pitcher with fresh lime wedges for this easy homemade limeade recipe. If you are looking for a refreshing drink to serve at your outdoor event, make this homemade limeade.
You may also love our Pink Lemonade Recipe.
What is Limeade?
A Limeade is a light and refreshing drink. It is made with simple syrup and fresh lime juice to create a tangy and sweet drink.
This homemade limeade is completely customizable. Add in fruits and alcohol to impress your friends and family.
- Lime Juice (freshly squeezed)
- Granulated Sugar
- Cold Water
- Ice (for serving)
- Water (for serving)
How to Make Limeade:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – Whisk together the water and lime juice, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Step 2 – Dissolve the sugar – Heat over medium heat, stirring, until the water and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Step 3 – Remove from Heat – Allow the mixture to cool completely at room temperature.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – When making the homemade limeade. Mix 1 cup of the lime mixture with 1 cup of water and serve ice cold water. Enjoy!
Why We Love Homemade Limeade:
- Customizable Ingredients – This is a base limeade recipe. We love to customize it based on what we have or who we are serving.
- Easy to Make – The simple syrup combines easily on the stovetop.
- Serving – We love to serve in fun glasses with fresh lime wedges. This is the perfect drink on a hot day.
Limeade Homemade Recipe Tips:
- Sour Taste – If the limeade is too sour, mix in more sugar until it’s sweetened.
- Combining Ingredients – Heat the simple syrup ingredients together until sugar dissolves. Allow the mixture to cool before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Lime Juice – When making this recipe, fresh lime juice is best. We do not recommend using the bottled lime juice. Your limeade will not taste the same.
- Choosing fresh Limes – We recommend choosing limes that are bright green. They should be firm and heavy for the most juice. We try to stay away from the limes that are yellow.
- Juicing the Limes – You can warm the limes in the microwave for about 20 seconds to help loosen the lime. After warming, we like to roll the limes with the palm of your hand to loosen the lime.
- Serving – You can easily pour this limeade in glasses but we like to pout in a large pitcher.
What flavor is limeade?
A limeade is lime drink that is made with sugar and lime juice. It can be tart but is usually a light and refreshing drink.
- Add Fruit – You can easily add fruit to this limeade mixture to add color and flavor. Strawberries, lemons, or cherries are great options.
- Add Fresh Herbs – Add in fresh mint leaves or fresh basil for amazing flavor. Making a mojitos is always my sisters favorite. The intense lime flavor is why she likes it so much.
- Alcohol – If you are serving to adults, make your homemade limeade with some alcohol. You can easily make margarita with tequila. Other options include vodka, gin or bourbon.
- Sweetener – Feel free to sweeten the homemade limeade with honey, agave, and more.
- Strawberry Lemonade – Make a fresh strawberry lemonade with strawberries and lemon juice. We love the citrus flavors of lemon and lime together.
- Lime Zest – For more intense lime flavor, zest lime into the glasses when serving. This would make a delicious fresh limeade.
- Cherry Limeade – Cherry limeade is one of my favorite drinks at our local fast food place. It is loads of flavors and now I can easily make it at home with this limeade recipe.
How Much Juice is in One Lime:
Depending on the size of your lime, you will probably get around 2 tablespoons of lime juice. You will probably need about 8 limes. This should give you enough to garnish your glasses with fresh lime slices.
Can I Make Frozen Limeade?
Yes, this recipe can be made into a frozen limeade. Blend the ingredients in a blender with ice. Blend until the mixture is slushy and serve.
When making this frozen limeade, I recommend using a good blender. We love our Vitamix blender. It does cost a little bit more than a regular blender, but it will last you forever.
They are durable and I think it makes a difference when making these slushies. I love using a Vitamix to make my daily smoothies.
This option would a great option if you are serving the limeade with alcohol.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers and it should keep for up to 2-3 days.
Delicious Homemade Limeade:
The next time you have a cookout or your kids birthday party, make this homemade limeade recipe. Serve them with fun straws and cups and the kids will love them. We like to garnish with fresh lime wedges.
Add in your favorite fruit or other flavors to make this drink a signature drink.
Print Recipe for Homemade Limeade:
- 1 cup Lime Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups water
- Ice for serving
- Water for serving
- Whisk together the lime juice, sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely at room temperature.
- When making the homemade limeade, mix 1 cup of the lime mixture with 1 cup of water and serve cold over ice. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe